DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Save $10-$12 off Ponyo @amazon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/569083-save-%2410-%2412-off-ponyo-%40amazon.html)

manicsounds 02-05-10 12:07 AM

Save $10-$12 off Ponyo @amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B002ZTQVBQ

For a limited time, pick up Miyazaki's latest masterpiece Ponyo on DVD or Blu-ray with another classic Studio Ghlibi release and save $10. To receive the $10 discount, add both titles to your cart and enter the promotional code "PONYOTEN" at checkout.

Order the special edition 2-Disc DVD gift set of Ponyo with a plush toy along with one of the Studio Ghlibi titles below and save $12. To receive the $12 discount, add both titles to your cart and enter the promotional code "PONYOSPE" at checkout.

Offer ends on June 2, 2010 and is only valid for one item per customer

zombeaner 02-05-10 06:50 AM

Re: Save $10-$12 off Ponyo @amazon

Thanks! Ordered Ponyo with plush (for my son) and My Neighbor Totoro to replace my UK edition for traveling purposes.

drmar35mm 02-07-10 07:29 AM

Thanks for the heads up. A great deal on movies that are hard to find at good prices. Ponyo and Castle in the Sky for me...

kenbenobi 02-07-10 09:53 AM

I'm amazed at how much these prices have held up over the years. They are truly impossible to find bargains on. But I just can't bring myself to buy SD movies anymore unless it is $5 or less. I wish one of the other titles was on BD, besides just Ponyo...

pmreed 02-07-10 02:51 PM

I already own all the Miyazaki films except Ponyo, so no go for me on a combo deal. I'll just wait for release day specials, if there are any.

RequiemX 02-07-10 03:30 PM

I'll be looking for release day specials or another good sale at Costco. My buy-price on Ghiblis is about $13 or less.

izatright 02-08-10 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by RequiemX (Post 9986050)
I'll be looking for release day specials or another good sale at Costco. My buy-price on Ghiblis is about $13 or less.

Yeah, similar for me. I can't bite on Ghibli blu-ray for more than $15, and SD for more than $10. Same for Pixar.

hindolio 03-02-10 08:49 PM

anyone order any of the three re-issues (totoro, kiki, castle) from amazon and receive slipcovers with the sticker indicating an included litho? or more importantly, anyone not receive the litho? :D

S Galbraith IV 03-02-10 11:48 PM

Thanks!

Manzana 03-03-10 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by izatright (Post 9988075)
Yeah, similar for me. I can't bite on Ghibli blu-ray for more than $15, and SD for more than $10. Same for Pixar.

I can't bite on a Ghibli anything without watching it first, and I won't have time (thanks to a work deadline and taxes) to rent or watch anything until after April 15th. Heck, I don't even have time to be reading or posting here, but I do it anyway because I'm a fool. So I'll have to miss this $15 Ponyo BD deal, plus the annoying coupon printing software always gives me grief requiring me to directly attach a printer to that machine (network printers don't work)... too much trouble for a title I haven't seen.

I think the BD may hit $15 again within a year (w/o the coupon), but having watched other Ghibli SD prices, they never go under $10 and it's rare for them to hit $15, so I expect the BD to remain overpriced which is why I find myself not buying Ghibli releases very often.

Space_Monkey 03-03-10 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio (Post 10027790)
anyone order any of the three re-issues (totoro, kiki, castle) from amazon and receive slipcovers with the sticker indicating an included litho? or more importantly, anyone not receive the litho? :D

I got Kiki's Delivery Service for my daughter and it had the sticker and behind the Disney Movie rewards flyer there was a litho of the same dimensions.

hindolio 03-03-10 10:21 PM

^ hey thanks for the response monkey! im guessing these are limited first pressing extras and hope they dont run out too soon :D