DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Target Media Prices December 27, 2009 - January 2, 2010 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/566950-target-media-prices-december-27-2009-january-2-2010-a.html)

Labor 12-28-09 11:55 PM

Re: Target Media Prices December 27, 2009 - January 2, 2010

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 9911057)
^ I'm not sure, but I think they would.

If not, just purchase it now for $39.99. Return it using your receipt for the $59.99 price.

Originally Posted by Wazootyman (Post 9911093)
There's a 7 day price matching policy. No need to bring the product in, just the receipt.

I'd imagine rebuying and returning would be the way you'd need to go if it's more than 7 days. if you did lose the receipt, just make sure to buy it with a different card or cash, so when they do a receipt lookup, there's not two on the same card, because it would probably give you the lower one then.

Thanks. Ended up having to rebuy it, but it worked out to the same

Ravid 12-29-09 01:06 AM

The ad says only seasons 1-6 of 24 are $14.99, but the store I went to had season 7 priced the same. YMMV though.

DJariya 12-29-09 01:55 AM

So I went to 2 Targets today looking for Supernatural season 4, but neither one had them on the shelf. However, when I checked their website, it says both stores that I went to have them in stock.

Could they be sitting in storage?

HOSALE 12-29-09 02:10 AM

Use those raincheck forms at Target folks, if you can't find what you are looking for. I wanted both the Dollhouse and Lie to Me series, which were out of stock, but I had no problem pulling the raincheck forms off those little tablets they always seem to have around the DVD shelves and going to the cashregister and having a raincheck issued for those two series for this weeks price. Also the Rain Check receipt the cashier gives you has a list of nearby stores that DO have your product in stock. I'm too lazy to drive around to get it, so I'll just wait until it comes back into stock.

zombeaner 12-29-09 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Liontamer (Post 9907308)
I'm all over that Wii Sports Resort if it does in fact come with the Motiponplus.

I picked it up yesterday and it DOES come with Wii Motion Plus

b2net 12-29-09 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9912692)
Could they be sitting in storage?

Yes... When this happens, I ask a sales associate to check stock... Then they come out of the back with a copy of the title I requested...

SoonerDoc 12-29-09 11:10 PM

I seriously don't get these employees. Looked for the Hangover on bluray yesterday at two targets and couldn't find it in stock. Went home and checked online inventory. Only one of 8 in the area showed it in stock and it was too far away. Check again this morning and several now show it in stock. Must have gotten shipments overnight.

Go to the store this morning around 11:15 and none on the shelf. Ask the guy working and he says they are out of stock. I say the online inventory checker says you have it. He tells me that isn't usually accurate (I am so glad someone spent programming time on that if it isn't usually accurate). I explain that the status changed overnight, and would you just scan it with your gun to check and make sure there aren't any in the back that haven't been put out. He points at the empty slot and says "See that grey dot? (a sticker) That means someone scanned it this morning and we are out of stock."

So I mill around the toys with my daughter and catch one other guy walking around. Ask him if he could please check and see if you have the Hangover on bluray, none on the shelf but online says in stock. He is gone 3 minutes and comes back with two copies. I am stunned, yet I am not. Walked by the first guy on the way to checkout and simply said (my daughter was with me), "These discs are in the back. All you had to do was go check." and walked off.

Are they trying NOT to sell merchandise???

DJariya 12-29-09 11:16 PM

I dropped by Target today and asked the guy in the Music/Movies dept to scan the tag for Supernatural Season 4 and even though there wasn't any of the shelf, they had 5 in the backroom. He immediately called the person in the backroom and they brought out all 5 copies. $17 was a great deal for Season 4 plus it also has the Target exclusive bonus disc.

^^ Sounds like you just had a lazy clerk who didn't want to do his job. You should have complained to a manager.

BlockbusterDude 12-30-09 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc (Post 9914324)
Walked by the first guy on the way to checkout and simply said (my daughter was with me), "These discs are in the back. All you had to do was go check." and walked off.

Are they trying NOT to sell merchandise???

What lazy bastards!!! Getting someone to simply do their job these days is like pulling teeth... JEEESH!!

b2net 12-30-09 10:00 AM

I did surmise that most of the items I had to ask them about were sale items, often not in their flyer. I wonder if they are purposly not putting them out so they don't have to sell them for the sale price....

Zbu 12-30-09 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 9914782)
I did surmise that most of the items I had to ask them about were sale items, often not in their flyer. I wonder if they are purposly not putting them out so they don't have to sell them for the sale price....

I doubt it. I'd blame it more on understaffing than anything else. A lot of these sale prices are on older seasons as well that seem to be clogging up shelf space. Since this time of the year see companies trying to make profit, it would be silly of them to hold back getting rid of older stock.

Ropes Pierre 12-30-09 06:22 PM

If anyone is interested, Amazon has True Blood season one for 16.99 right now. Stings that i picked it on black Friday for 19.99 thinking that would be the lowest price.