DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Amazon Sale - LES VAMPIRES, TREASURES FROM AMERICAN FILM ARCHIVES (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/565985-amazon-sale-les-vampires-treasures-american-film-archives.html)

30smovies 12-07-09 01:05 AM

Amazon Sale - LES VAMPIRES, TREASURES FROM AMERICAN FILM ARCHIVES

Two sets of interest to silent movie and film historian buffs are on sale bigtime on Amazon at the moment

LES VAMPIRES - the legendary 1915 French gangster serial. 399 minutes on 2 discs. List price $69.99 sale price $15.99

TREASURES FROM AMERICAN ARCHIVES ENCORE EDITION - the reissue of the OOP first set; 50 early films on 4 discs, 642 minutes, includes the features SNOW WHITE (first film adaption of the fairy tale) with Marguerite Clark, TOLL OF THE SEA with Anna May Wong, HELL'S HINGES with William S Hart. List price $69.96, sale price $29.99

hindolio 12-07-09 01:54 AM

Re: Amazon Sale - LES VAMPIRES, TREASURES FROM AMERICAN FILM ARCHIVES

nice finds :D

mnementh 12-07-09 01:58 AM

Les Vampires
Treasures From American Film Archives

Yakuza Bengoshi 12-07-09 08:24 AM

Both these releases are highly recommended. I'd also highly recommend Unseen Cinema - Early American Avant Garde Film 1894-1941 which is $40.49 (60% off of the $99.99 MSRP).

Drake 12-07-09 08:55 AM

I tried to order Les Vampires but it said it was not available ...looks totally sold out only copies remain from marketplace starting at $27.60.

marty888 12-07-09 08:57 AM

Soooooo tempting!

NoirFan 12-07-09 08:57 AM

Isn't the R2 AE set of Les Vampires a superior edition?

franks 12-07-09 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 9875716)
I tried to order Les Vampires but it said it was not available ...looks totally sold out only copies remain from marketplace starting at $27.60.

i think i bought the last copy. sorry guys! :blush:

MScottM 12-07-09 11:43 AM

I gave this a shot on your recommendations. I got the third from last. Thanks OP.

R5D4 12-07-09 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by franks (Post 9876041)
i think i bought the last copy. sorry guys! :blush:

Arrgh, that was you. I had the last one in my cart and added a Blu-ray for free shipping and.... :gah:

Seriously great catch; maybe I won't be so slow on the draw next time.

MooMooMooMoo 12-08-09 03:40 AM

I noticed this & almost bit due to the great price, but DVD Beaver says (& shows by caps) that the UK Les Vampires is a superior print by a significant margin.

dmkb 12-08-09 09:27 AM

I think it was the best option for anyone who is still region-free-challenged.
Also, if you have the original Image release which was a single, double sided disc, this is a newer double-disc rerelease that represents a significant improvement.