Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '09

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-09, 12:37 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '

Originally Posted by bmvtoys
The Space Pirate mito isnt that fantastic of a deal if you store has them in stock (Thinpack) $14.99, includes both series.
To be more specific it's titled Space Pirate Mito: Complete Anthology. And it's not a thinpack / thinpak release. MB doesn't do thinpak releases on its anime release. The packaging for this is LiteBox (as MB would call it) or simply a Keepcase with 6-Discs.
Old 12-14-09, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '

Forgive me your right, but it is a much better deal if you can find it in store, the "box" for mito is just that a big box with a lot of wasted space. The anime is fantastic, but when bb got that litebox set, they put it out for so cheap right next to the expensive season 1. You wonder why that stuff sits..

thanks for the correction, i didnt think of it that way-

b
Old 12-14-09, 03:42 PM
Cool New Member

Picked up Moribito 4, 5-6, 7-8 from the BB sale. Thanks WTK!
Old 12-15-09, 12:54 AM

RightStuf Order:

Highlander: SfV
Le Cheavlier D'Eon, Vol. 5
Origin: Spirits of the Past (BD)
Project A-Ko: Uncivil Wars
Project A-Ko: Love & Robots
Pumpkin Scissors, Vol. 6
Samurai 7 (BD)
Shinchan Season 1
Vexille (BD)

$111.92

Picked up more than I was originally gonna get, but still a fairly light load compared to years past.
Old 12-15-09, 11:21 AM

Any recommendations from the Best Buy sale?
Old 12-15-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bis22
I would highly recommend-

Twelve Kingdoms
Genshiken
Berserk
Ah My Goddess
Old 12-15-09, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok, I tried digging through disc descriptions but I got confused with all the options and missing disc details. I'm looking for the best version of the Kite series to get. I heard the original release was 15 minutes shorter then the uncut version so I'd like to get the uncut one if I can. So if I want to get Kite, the sequel and the Mezzo series... which is my best option at Bestbuy? I'd rather save cash by getting the double-set if I can, but would gladly by separate discs to get the best version of each.
Old 12-15-09, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh, help, please and thank you for any help you can offer.
Old 12-15-09, 04:40 PM
WTK

Amazon is going to have the Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box One as one of their Holiday Lightning Deals tomorrow (12/16). It will be on sale at 4am-8am PST for $29.49. Here's a link to the Lighting Deals schedule for this weeks DVDs & Blu-Rays.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm..._rd_i=12917411
Old 12-15-09, 09:46 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Originally Posted by bis22
I would highly recommend-

Twelve Kingdoms
Genshiken
Berserk
Ah My Goddess
These are the ones I like more than the others...It may also hinge on which types of shows you like.
  • Ah! My Goddess
  • Berserk
  • Figure 17
  • Genshiken
  • Giant Robo
  • Magic User's Club [may not be fulfilled]
  • Midori Days
  • Moribito
  • Ramen Fighter Miki
  • Rurouni Kenshin [Seasons 1 - 2]
  • Tweeny Witches
Old 12-16-09, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Ok, I tried digging through disc descriptions but I got confused with all the options and missing disc details. I'm looking for the best version of the Kite series to get. I heard the original release was 15 minutes shorter then the uncut version so I'd like to get the uncut one if I can. So if I want to get Kite, the sequel and the Mezzo series... which is my best option at Bestbuy? I'd rather save cash by getting the double-set if I can, but would gladly by separate discs to get the best version of each.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think BB is selling the uncut version. There is an uncut double pack that I didn't see at BB. TRSI has it.
Old 12-16-09, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
Amazon is going to have the Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box One as one of their Holiday Lightning Deals tomorrow (12/16). It will be on sale at 4am-8am PST for $29.49. Here's a link to the Lighting Deals schedule for this weeks DVDs & Blu-Rays.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm..._rd_i=12917411
hope someone is still awake to answer this but will it be available during that whole time or will there be a counter and i need to act fast? i should go to sleep now but i can wait if needed.

nevermind, ordered

Last edited by Panko; 12-16-09 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-16-09, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Panko
hope someone is still awake to answer this but will it be available during that whole time or will there be a counter and i need to act fast? i should go to sleep now but i can wait if needed.

nevermind, ordered
There's a counter *and* the deal is limited to 4 hours .. whatever expires first
Old 12-16-09, 09:09 AM

Thanks guys! Put an order in for Berserk, and I might ask for a couple others as gifts.
Old 12-16-09, 10:16 AM

Gunbuster the OVA for 25.98 on Deepdiscount, besides the fact is says Gunbuster: The Movie in the title. it points to this being the OVA since it's MSRP is the same as on Rightstuf's listing and it says it has 3 discs along with the 180 minute run time and finally the art work displayed. I find no record of a non Blu-ray release for the movie short of an OOP one on Amazon.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...ductId=7361018

Last edited by Drahksenzu; 12-16-09 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-16-09, 10:27 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Drahksenzu
Gunbuster the OVA for 25.98 on Deepdiscount, besides the fact is says Gunbuster: The Movie in the title. it points to this being the OVA since it's MSRP is the same as on Rightstuf's listing and it says it has 3 discs along with the 180 minute run time and finally the art work displayed. I find no record of a non Blu-ray release for the movie short of an OOP one on Amazon.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...ductId=7361018
This listing should be for the Gunbster OVA. The MSRP and UPC looked right. Gunbuster: The Movie was only available in BD.
Old 12-16-09, 08:32 PM

for those that might find it a little better off than Best Buy, Amazon has Moribito #7/8 pack for $16 (OOS though)
Old 12-16-09, 08:34 PM

How long is the Media Blaster sale at Best Buy running for?
Old 12-16-09, 09:44 PM
WTK

for those that might find it a little better off than Best Buy, Amazon has Moribito #7/8 pack for $16 (OOS though)
It's probably more or less that Amazon.com hasn't received their shipment(s) yet. This just started to ship to customers earlier this week from select online retailers.
Old 12-16-09, 09:44 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by nezumi
How long is the Media Blaster sale at Best Buy running for?
It will likely end on Saturday.

Last edited by WTK; 12-17-09 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-17-09, 04:43 AM

Thanks, canceled my order elsewhere and ordered it here.
Old 12-17-09, 09:46 AM
WTK

Merchants of Savings | Save at Least 33% OFF All Titles from Yen Press @ RightStuf.com

You don’t need to travel far to find savings on manga, manwha, novels and more published by Yen Press – from long-time fan favorites like Haruhi Suzumiya, Higurashi: When They Cry, and Azumanga Daioh to hot new titles like Spice and Wolf, Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, and Soul Eater! (And remember: You can also pick up future and back-issues of their monthly anthology Yen Plus, too!)

From now through December 28, take 33% OFF the retail prices of all titles from Yen Press (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and arriving soon!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: holo
Expires: December 28, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CST

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on all books from Yen Press. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)
* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Merchants of Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Yen Press items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

Spice and Wolf © Isuna Hasekura / ASCII MEDIA WORKS
Old 12-17-09, 03:27 PM
WTK

Best Buy Exclusive - B&M

Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, Vol.7 & 8 + Designer Artbox: $24.99.

Online listing should be this. I would treat this as B&M only (as online is marked for a 15-21 day delivery) and while supplies last...

Last edited by WTK; 12-17-09 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-17-09, 03:49 PM
WTK

Buy 3 Manga, Get 1 Free! @ Viz Store
Old 12-17-09, 03:50 PM
WTK

SecondSpin.com
Spend $20, Get 20% Off Plus Free Shipping! Use Code: DECFREE or http://www.secondspin.com/?cid=1334025&promo=DECFREE Expires 12/24/09

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.