AMAZON Black Friday Week Bargains

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

AMAZON Black Friday Week Bargains

Old 11-28-09, 12:37 PM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: AMAZON Black Friday Week Bargains

Originally Posted by Torchur317
I check out the same threads as everyone else & the only ones I see for $10 or less is catalog & used titles. I don't see how I missed these deals. I'm assuming you might be talking about some Columbia House deals? I don't mess with them but that's only place to comes to mind with those prices.
Amen, you and me both!

I think these "deals that have always been there" that others have mentioned are either averaged with Columbia House and those convoluted Warner Bros. online sales. I for one won't touch movie clubs, back in 1999 I would and did but personally I feel it's too much effort to stay on top of those fulfillment clubs.

I prefer to go the store coupon route or good ol' trusted Amazon (because I hate paying California any more tax then I absolutely have to).

No, we didn't miss these deals, we chose not to jump through hoops to get them.
Old 11-28-09, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
More on topic, what's the deal with Amazon not having a single DVD/Blu-Ray deal today?
Those were only during the week leading up to and including Black Friday. I don't know if any of these e-tailers are supposed to do anything special over the weekend or for Cyber Monday. Anyone know?
Old 11-28-09, 01:22 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by hal9000
Amen, you and me both!

I think these "deals that have always been there" that others have mentioned are either averaged with Columbia House and those convoluted Warner Bros. online sales. I for one won't touch movie clubs, back in 1999 I would and did but personally I feel it's too much effort to stay on top of those fulfillment clubs.

I prefer to go the store coupon route or good ol' trusted Amazon (because I hate paying California any more tax then I absolutely have to).

No, we didn't miss these deals, we chose not to jump through hoops to get them.
Again, I don't think any of us averaging under $10 per BD are using Columbia House or similar clubs. They actually cost at least $10 per BD generally.

90% of my deals are what you said, "store coupon route or Amazon".

I don't consider myself as having 'jumped through any hoops', all these deals have been quite easy. Patience is a key of course.
Old 11-28-09, 01:22 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the deals were suppose to continue until the end of Monday. Amazon still has deals, just not on video games and dvds/blu.

I hope another mouse deal pops up. I missed the $14.99 on friday.
Old 11-28-09, 02:04 PM

Thanks for all the help folks. I decided NOT to buy House MD season 1 for $12.99 from Amazon. I didn't know if I would get an anamorphic copy or not.

Went to Target and was able to buy an anamorphic copy for $12.99. This Target store had both versions. The non-anamorphic copy says "Widescreen 1.78:1". The anamorphic copy says "Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1".

The anamorphic package is a little thicker since it houses 6 single sided discs, while the non-anamorphic package is thinner with only 3 double sided discs.
Old 11-28-09, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
The anamorphic package is a little thicker since it houses 6 single sided discs, while the non-anamorphic package is thinner with only 3 double sided discs.
I didn't know about that other difference.

Singled-sided discs: ANOTHER reason to buy the anamorphic release.
Old 11-28-09, 02:16 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

30 Rock Season 2 is currently $10.49, FYI
Old 11-28-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ororama
Thanks for the reminder about Forbidden Hollywood Volume 3. I normally would have been considering it in the DeepDiscount sale, but with the changes in that sale I forgot about it, and I've been mostly focused on blu-rays during this weekend's sales.
dammit...my wife is a TCM addict and still only has the first FH set...been waiting for a reason to pick up 2 and now i find out there's a 3rd one now!??!?!? dammit!
Old 11-28-09, 04:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well...Amazon is on top of pushing these thing out quickly for the sale. I made my order on Thursday, chose free shipping, and it was delivered on Saturday.
Old 11-28-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bsmith
Well...Amazon is on top of pushing these thing out quickly for the sale. I made my order on Thursday, chose free shipping, and it was delivered on Saturday.
They are indeed moving very fast. The rest of my BF deals (three packages of stuff ordered yesterday) plus a CD pre-order shipped out early today. Should have everything by Tuesday the latest, some of it Monday if I'm lucky.
Old 11-28-09, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by bsmith
Definitely. I managed to get a Beatles Stereo Box for 99.99 w/ free shipping. It was shipped today despite originally being set to ship on 12/2. I'll take that.
Old 11-28-09, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rdf8585
Definitely. I managed to get a Beatles Stereo Box for 99.99 w/ free shipping. It was shipped today despite originally being set to ship on 12/2. I'll take that.

As much as the DVD deals this year were great, I can't help but think this was the best score of the weekend. Never owned a Beatles album in my life (and I was around, albeit a kid, during the peak of their popularity), and at this late date was not going to settle for the 1987 CDs. Finally, the remasters came and they were pricey. I agonized over whether to get them at all when 9/9 came and then just forgot about them after a while. Then along comes amazon, Black Friday, and...the price is right.

I'm not a fan of cardboard digipaks, but once I extricate the discs from them, they won't be going back. I'll store them on my shelf in jewel cases and stash the packaging in storage.
Old 11-28-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Prideoftheyanks
I thought I was done with Amazon, but I found several classic Warners SEs for 8.66.
I couldn't find a direct link to these titles, but if you just search for warners special editions and limit it to classics these will all pop up.
This search is worth doing. Quite a lot of very good prices on Warner titles, including some box sets. Some of the titles that were cheaper through BF have gone up in price, but it appears that some others have actually gone lower since yesterday.

Had to stop browsing after a while, or I would have spent more money, and I've already spent more than I planned as it is.
Old 11-28-09, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

got shipping notices for every single order yesterday...including the Dark Knight BD i ordered this morning and originally said it wouldn't ship for over a week. Only outstanding title is The Mist BD i broke down and ordered this evening...just couldn't resist the $10.49 price tag
Old 11-29-09, 01:09 AM

Good eye on those Warner releases.

Might pick up Robin Hood and Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf. Quo Vadis isn't as much on sale, but now I'm wanting it, too.
Old 11-29-09, 01:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy24LA
Amazon has price matched BB on Fanboys (3.99). Plus I just got 2001 Blu-ray for 7.99.
Thank you, thank you......ordering now.
Old 11-29-09, 02:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They've got a Cyber Monday Page up now. A lot of the same deals, but it looks like they're lowering some Lion's Gate Blu-ray titles. War and Repo! A Genetic Opera are now $11.99. May pick up Repo.
Old 11-29-09, 03:30 AM

The price for "Surface - The Complete Series" has dropped to $7.99! (I held off two days ago when it dropped to $12.49, and then to $11.49... but for only $8, I could no longer resist.
Old 11-29-09, 04:44 AM

ugh, missed the sale in split seconds. as I was adding DVDs in cart on late Saturday night, the prices were Fringe S1 $18.99, Gossip Girl S2 $12.99, Entourage S5 $9.99. then as the site was loading the cart page, the prices jumped all the way up to $44.99, $43.49, $18.99 as the time hit Sunday 12:00am. that's around $65 difference. why did i think the price would stay low until cyber Monday!? waiting for the next sale then...
Old 11-29-09, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

fuckin' biatches! they've discounted almost all recent SONY indies like Frozen River and I've loved you son long but not Waltz With Bashir..
Old 11-29-09, 06:37 AM

$7.99 Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - The Complete Epic Series

Evidently amazon is tax-matching Walmart's $7.50 price.
Old 11-29-09, 07:09 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by grivet

Now why can't they have some deals on Battlestar Galactica? Old or new series would be fine by me... --Peter
Old 11-29-09, 08:15 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by grivet

Originally Posted by Rob052067
The price for "Surface - The Complete Series" has dropped to $7.99! (I held off two days ago when it dropped to $12.49, and then to $11.49... but for only $8, I could no longer resist.
Both are $7.50 at Walmart, free shipping, and 15% cashback through Bing.
Old 11-29-09, 09:00 AM

Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Season Two

Now $9.99 I was happy 2 days ago to grab it for $12.99
Old 11-29-09, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Crap, that's a good price on Buck Rogers. I really shouldn't, but I can't resist (going the WM route, though).

Hitchcock is tempting as well, but I've heard too many horror stories about the first set being defective. I am glad to see Universal finally released another season last week.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.