Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Archive sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-10, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner Archive sales

Originally Posted by Silverscreenvid
I ordered ten Archive titles during the 5 for 50 sale and they arrived today, shipped UPS by Deep Discount in Illinois. I never got any confirmation from Warner that they shipped, but apparently they went out on December 1.
I had the same thing happen I ordered a Archive title and a pre-order and the archive title shipped without any confirmation and was on my door this morning but no sign of the pre-order which was released yesterday.
Old 12-09-10, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

None of my Black Friday orders have arrived yet.
Old 12-09-10, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received my shipping notice on 12/6 for Black Friday order. Once it arrives, will have to pop them in the player to make sure they load, are the correct title and the first few minutes are glitch-free. I ordered 25, so am expecting one or two "bad burns" in this batch, but maybe Warner will surprise me.
Old 12-09-10, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gobear
None of my Black Friday orders have arrived yet.
Same here , But I did get a shipping notice on Dec. 1
Old 12-09-10, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryKILL
Received my shipping notice on 12/6 for Black Friday order. Once it arrives, will have to pop them in the player to make sure they load, are the correct title and the first few minutes are glitch-free. I ordered 25, so am expecting one or two "bad burns" in this batch, but maybe Warner will surprise me.
For testing burned discs, I'd recommend downloading Nero Freeware CD Speed or cd/dvd speed & running a scans on each disc. While the drive used for scanning has a HUGE impact, I'd suggest backing up any disc that scores worse then 95 total, &/or 500 PIE to a Taiyo Yuden Premium or Falcon.

One of the oddities with WAC's is that Warner has found a way to hide the manufacturer's code of the blank disc, so afaik there's no way to tell who made the dvdr.
Old 12-10-10, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 332 Likes on 251 Posts

These use a special kind of disc- supposedly consumer DVD-Rs can't hold CSS encryption, so they designed these that do. Players that can tell the difference between regular DVDs and DVD-Rs see them as regular DVDs, and some computer drives can't read them at all.

Broke down and ordered 5 during the sale, supposedly they're on the way. Can't wait to see Americathon finally.
Old 12-10-10, 04:49 PM

I also finally got my shipping notice on Monday for my order placed the previous Monday after Black Friday. I'm in California. According to tracking it started Illinois. And then was scanned in Ohio... And today it was scanned in Pennsylvania....... Are you starting to see a problem here? Doesn't take a cartographer.
Old 12-10-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I called WB, and the testy call center person said that Package #1 was delivered and Packages 2 & 3 are back-ordered. I told her that I am home every day and no package has been delivered to me this week. She re-ordered my Archive titles and said they would be here soon.

Last edited by Gobear; 12-18-10 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-11-10, 01:50 AM

Package arrived...however Warner shorted me one movie. I still need to test the ones that did arrive, but this is not off to a good start...

...all 24 discs loaded and played fine. So, will call cs on Saturday to get the missing movie shipped out. At least WB seems to have improved on their part, the shipping/packaging appears to be done by the same company that ships Deep Discount, so I'm hardly surprised of the screw-up.

Since I got to watch the first few minutes of each movie, I have to say the intro to "The Hypnotic Eye" was the most memorable! Talk about a hair-raising experience...

Last edited by JerryKILL; 12-11-10 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-17-10, 04:50 PM

Got an email from WB about their Valu-Pak sale, which ends on Tuesday. Looks like they have a ton of bundles for 40-50% off.

Are these decent prices? Do they happen often? Should I wait til after Christmas? Any other thoughts?
Old 12-17-10, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by guerilla1977
Got an email from WB about their Valu-Pak sale, which ends on Tuesday. Looks like they have a ton of bundles for 40-50% off.

Are these decent prices? Do they happen often? Should I wait til after Christmas? Any other thoughts?
They really have been cutting back on the valu- paks . They have made them available for a much more limited time, eliminated the use of most coupons in conjunction with these sets, and reduced the discount of the newer bundles to 40% off when previously they were all 50% off. So the deal is not as good as it once was.
However the bundles are probably the cheapest you are going to get right now assuming you like all the films in the bundle. The only better deal I have seen recently was the make your own bundle for 5 for $50 that they had on Black Friday weekend. This was even better than last year where you had to buy 10 movies for $100. They don't run this sale often.
If you are willing to wait a year in the hope that they run a similar deal next Black Friday, wait. I don't recall if they ran the deal as an after Christmas sale last year. Don't forget there are currently about 160 Archive titles on sale for $14.95. Not as good per film as the bundles but you can chose your titles. Also this weekend they are giving free 2 day shipping for orders over $50. This is an improvement over their usual free ground shipping for orders over $60.

I received an order from the wbshop placed Black Friday. Mostly the order was several box sets for $11.24 each. However I also ordered the Watchmen in blu which they had for $6.74. This was not in the package though it was listed on the receipt and on the e-mail saying the package had shipped. I e-mailed them stating that the item was missing and asking that they send it to me. Instead I noticed this evening that a new order was added to my account crediting me with the cost of the missing blu ray. I called to ask why it was credited instead of sending it to me as I requested . The operator said it wasn't available. Of course the site lists it as available and shipping within one business day but at a much higher price. Anyway be sure to check your orders to make sure they are complete.
I guess since they were offering free shipping with no minimum Black Friday, I should have placed separate orders for each item I purchased. I have another order placed Black Friday still unshipped because one item in the order is still out of stock.The cheaper way to ship is to wait until orders are complete. Live and learn.

Finally I refused a package of blu rays which became cheaper during Black Friday. Ordered at the beginning of November and had not shipped by November 24. When I tried to cancel, they said it was in the shipping process. When order finally arrived the first Week in December, I refused it and it went back. The UPS package tracker says it was received at Warehouse but to date I have not been credited or even notified that it arrived. I called this evening and was told yes they see that it was received back at the warehouse but they thought they had the wrong address so they were holding the package. What a crock. The package tracer clearly says receiver refused package. Also as i said they never tried to contact me about the package they were "holding". Amazon is so much better with these problems.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-17-10 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-17-10, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm very tempted by the Lon Chaney and Joan Crawford sets, excellent prices, even though the Chaney set was cheaper last time.
Old 12-17-10, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
This was not in the package though it was listed on the receipt and on the e-mail saying the package had shipped. I e-mailed them stating that the item was missing and asking that they send it to me. Instead I noticed this evening that a new order was added to my account crediting me with the cost of the missing blu ray. I called to ask why it was credited instead of sending it to me as I requested . The operator said it wasn't available.
Warner is using Deep Discount to package and ship their Archive titles. It's been a while since I ordered a non-Archive title from them, so I don't know if those ship from somewhere else or not. If they do, I can understand why Warner would rather give a refund than ship the other one out separately.

It seems like Warner has every "box" set they've ever offered on sale right now, most for $10 apiece. That's a very good price (i) if you like all the titles in the set and (ii) you don't already have some of them. I've tried a few discount codes with the box sets but I haven't found anything that works to get any additional money off. Insider reward logins don't seem to work either. Maybe someone else has had some better luck?
Old 12-17-10, 11:46 PM

Warner is using Deep Discount to package and ship their Archive titles. It's been a while since I ordered a non-Archive title from them, so I don't know if those ship from somewhere else or not. If they do, I can understand why Warner would rather give a refund than ship the other one out separately.

It seems like Warner has every "box" set they've ever offered on sale right now, most for $10 apiece. That's a very good price (i) if you like all the titles in the set and (ii) you don't already have some of them. I've tried a few discount codes with the box sets but I haven't found anything that works to get any additional money off. Insider reward logins don't seem to work either. Maybe someone else has had some better luck?
I was about to order the Myrna Loy archive titles on sale until I read this. If Deep Discount is handling their shipping... I rather not order until I receive the Deep Discount titles I ordered and have been waiting since September.
Old 12-18-10, 12:53 AM

I've ordered from them a few times and never had any delays or problems but this last time, I ordered the Natalie Wood box set and it still hasn't arrived.

Surprised and disappointed this transaction didn't go as smoothly as in the past.
Old 12-18-10, 04:39 AM

Warner is using Deep Discount to package and ship their Archive titles.
Well, that explains why I still haven't gotten the order I placed 20 days ago.
Old 12-18-10, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
The two Archive shipments I've received through DD have gotten to me quickly and in good condition. The package doesn't identify it comes from DD; but the packing slip is DD's standard packing slip minus their logo at the top. And the return address is their PO Box in Itasca, IL.
Old 12-18-10, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
Is the order all Archive, or mixed with regular dvds? The shipping problems I'm reading seen to involve regular dvds from WB Shop. I've never heard of an Archive title being backordered or out of stock.
Old 12-18-10, 11:12 AM

I have ordered a whole bunch of Archive DVDs that are apparently shipped by Deep Discount, or the people who do Deep Discount's shipping, and they have all arrived without problems. My guess is that whatever deal they have with WB requires them to provide more timely service.

Conversely, I, like so many others, have waited what seems like forever for orders we placed directly with Deep Discount. They never give you a tracking number and I suspect that, even though they send an email shipping notice, Deep Discount must hold their outgoing mail in some storage bin or something like that before tendering everything to the post office, because their media mail shipments have varied so much from package to package that I never know what to expect. And given that it's the holiday season, who knows where some of these DVDs are sitting. I placed a large order with Deep Discount for Sony Columbia Classic DVDs, which they broke into three shipments. The second two have arrived, while I am still waiting almost three weeks for the first.

Meanwhile, I placed several orders for Warner Archive DVDs this month - from the WB Shop website - and they all arrived promptly.
Old 12-18-10, 11:57 AM
Cool New Member

I've had some issues with my Black Friday order as well (all regular dvds / blus, no archive titles). WBShop claims that they shipped them to me the week after Black Friday, but I never actually received anything. When I emailed them, it took them about four days to respond, and the eventual response was that I would have to wait a couple of weeks for them to investigate what happened. Since then, I've received three phone calls, each time wanting to confirm that I never received my order. Each time, I'm assured that the issue will be resolved the next day, but so far, they've not actually done anything other than keep asking if I ever received the order.
Old 12-18-10, 02:29 PM

I just got another one of those "we notice you've left some things in your shopping cart coupons." These coupons are a sixteen letter code which I'm sure is unique to my account and are good for $5 off on a $10 purchase. The good thing is that this coupon is on top of any other coupons, discounts or free shipping offers, such as the box set deal or the ANNMES coupon, so you get some extra savings. The coupon expires in about three days (12/21 for the one I just got)

On general principles, it's probably a good idea to always leave a couple of items in your shopping cart to see if they'll send you the coupon after a few days. If they don't, no harm. If they do, it's an extra five bucks off.
Old 12-18-10, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by greylocke5

Meanwhile, I placed several orders for Warner Archive DVDs this month - from the WB Shop website - and they all arrived promptly.
I'm not having the same luck. I placed 3 orders on Black Friday and another one the first week of December and so far I've received nothing. The one time I inquired about my orders the woman on the phone was extremely rude and claimed that Package 1 had been delivered, which was a blatant lie.

Last edited by Gobear; 12-18-10 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-18-10, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Never had a problem with the Archive. Always get them within 10 business days of order date. Placed two orders during the black friday deal, got the second one at least 2 weeks ago.
Ordered THE CYCLOPS just before Halloween. Found out monday about the missing 6 seconds and replacement program. Got the replacement yesterday(friday). One black friday title I bought, THE COMMAND, had the wrong disc(COUNTDOWN) in the right cover. Called them and they Fed Exed, 2 day, the replacement. Plus I got a free movie.
Old 12-18-10, 06:19 PM

I just experimented by putting some Archive and non-Archive titles in my shopping cart together. When I went to check out, they calculated shipping separately for the Archive and non-Archive titles (probably because they are being shipped from different places). So to get free shipping you have to have $50 of the type of title you are purchasing. If you buy $50 of Archive titles and $20 of regular titles, the Archive titles ship free but you pay shipping on the regular titles.
Old 12-18-10, 08:13 PM

It was all archive titles. I did the 5 for $50 deal they had on black friday weekend. It took a whole week for them to say it was shipped and now its been two weeks since then (nothing in the mail today).

I tweeted WarnerArchive and asked them what the hell was up. The guy looked into it and said they sent in media mail. In apology for how long it was taking he said he would send me a free dvd right away. I said I'd take The Green Slime. That was on Wednesday. Haven't received that either.

I'm about 20 minutes away from the fucking Warner Bros lot. Maybe if they didn't farm shit out to Illinois I would have gotten it by now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.