DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1-6, $9.88 each at Sam's Club (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/564945-curb-your-enthusiasm-season-1-6-%249-88-each-sams-club.html)

Spiderbite 11-17-09 12:59 PM

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1-6, $9.88 each at Sam's Club

Got all 6 seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm today for $9.88 each at Sam's Club. A friend told me about it and he bought his at a different location so this appears to be the price across the board.

Did a search and didn't see it posted.

I was waiting on a complete series box set but who knows when this show may end and this price can't be beat.

Drav3n 11-17-09 02:41 PM

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1-6, $9.88 each at Sam's Club

wow, really great price for a great show! if i didnt already own them all i would be all over this deal!

Mazje 11-17-09 03:09 PM

Price across the board at Sam's or you think anyone else will jump on this (like, say, Amazon)?

Mike86 11-17-09 04:26 PM

Nice. Been wanting to get a new copy of Season 6.

Cool Ghoul 11-17-09 06:21 PM

Thanks! I have been wanting to pick up 5 and now I'll bite on 6.

RobCA 11-18-09 01:45 PM

Thanks for posting this! :up: I just picked up all 6 seasons.

I hope I like it; I've only seen one episode. :eek: My husband and I watched the second episode of Season 7 last month, and we both loved it. I figure if a show is still that good in its 7th season, then the first six must be worth watching.

Rob

kenbenobi 11-18-09 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by RobCA (Post 9842969)

I hope I like it; I've only seen one episode. :eek: My husband and I watched the second episode of Season 7 last month, and we both loved it. I figure if a show is still that good in its 7th season, then the first six must be worth watching.

Rob

I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you like Seinfeld, you should like Curb. Not that the comedy style is the same, but it's similar enough. IMO, Larry is a bit of a combination of Jerry and Kramer and George all mixed together.

Thanks for the post. I'm going to Sams to get S6 for sure...

Spiderbite 11-18-09 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by RobCA (Post 9842969)

Rob

Curb is one of the few shows I will own all seasons of. It's brilliant. And if you like Seinfeld, it is a no brainer. I pretty much prefer it to Seinfeld since you can tell how much they probably watered down Seinfeld since it was for broadcast television after watching Curb.

Al_Tahoe 11-18-09 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd (Post 9843062)
you can tell how much they probably watered down Seinfeld since it was for broadcast television after watching Curb.

Beloved Aunt? :blush:

Robbrageous 11-19-09 09:11 AM

Anyone know a good/cheap place to get seasons 1-6 in Canada?

Anyone had any luck with any of dvdcollectionsale, dvdsetshop, or dvdscollection, etc? Their prices seem unbeatable for the boxset, but Im a bit leary...

blrobl 11-19-09 10:45 AM

I was just there a week ago and they didn't have it. Time to make another trip. Thanks for the heads up!

Trevor 11-19-09 10:57 AM

Can non-members buy with a 10% premium or something?

Mazje 11-19-09 11:18 AM

Yes, I bought with a 10% premium. Unfortunately, they didn't have seasons 1 or 6. But I was happy enough with my purchase.

Tarantino 11-19-09 11:41 AM

Is this deal also going on at Costco?

basaro 11-22-09 05:01 PM

Thanks. I just added all these to my xmas list, hope my Mom can pick them up, I think she's the only one with a membership to Sam's. I don't have one near me, otherwise I might stop by and pick them up for the extra 10% which would be about $11? Nice deal.

JWill85 11-22-09 07:05 PM

How long does sam club dvd deals normally last?

Cardsfan111 11-22-09 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by TattedBigMan (Post 9850351)
How long does sam club dvd deals normally last?

Sam's doesn't put things on sale. So, the price is good as long as you find the item at a particular store. Whether you find an item is obviously YMMV. The Sam's Club that I visit most frequently seems to have some different things each time I visit (every couple of weeks), while others have reported that their store seems to have the same selection for long periods of time.

My Other Self 11-22-09 07:29 PM

When I went in to Sam's as a non-member they turned me away at the door. They said I needed a membership to get in.

Is that the case? Can you not go in as a non-member? I saw some of you guys can just pay a premium which I would do since I don't have enough to renew my membership right now but I want to get in the store..

JWill85 11-22-09 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 9850372)
Sam's doesn't put things on sale. So, the price is good as long as you find the item at a particular store. Whether you find an item is obviously YMMV. The Sam's Club that I visit most frequently seems to have some different things each time I visit (every couple of weeks), while others have reported that their store seems to have the same selection for long periods of time.

Alright thanks for the info. I haven't been to a Sam's Club in over 10 years.

JWill85 11-22-09 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 9850386)
When I went in to Sam's as a non-member they turned me away at the door. They said I needed a membership to get in.

Is that the case? Can you not go in as a non-member? I saw some of you guys can just pay a premium which I would do since I don't have enough to renew my membership right now but I want to get in the store..

I'm having the same problem as you. They told me I need a one day pass to buy something if I didn't want to purchase a membership. I searched a little and found this:

http://www2.samsclub.com/holidays/me...onedaypass.pdf

I don't know for sure if it will work or not.:confused:

Mazje 11-22-09 11:44 PM

You should be able to just walk in, go to the customer service counter, and simply ask for a one-day membership. It's 10% of what you purchase that day.

gcbma 11-23-09 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tarantino (Post 9844537)
Is this deal also going on at Costco?

I browsed the DVDs while shopping at Costco yesterday and didn't see any Curb Your Enthusiasm sets.

cancer623 11-23-09 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by gcbma (Post 9850891)
I browsed the DVDs while shopping at Costco yesterday and didn't see any Curb Your Enthusiasm sets.

I haven't seen a good deal at Costco in months. There Blu Ray selection at one time was a little cheaper than Sam's/Wal-mart. As of last week there copies of UP where higher that Best Buy's.

GMan2819 11-23-09 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 9851908)
would someone mind picking these ALL up for me and i would be so appreciative, not to mention compensate you for cost, ship and a little effort? i have neither a membership nor a Sam's near me. please pm me...please!

It's on sale for $80 at Amazon right now. By the time you factor in tax, shipping, etc. you'd be spending close to that.

Illini Jeeper 11-24-09 03:55 AM

Will go on the hunt at the Champaign Sam's Club. This couldn't have come at a worse time for me cash wise...