Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Zorro Walt Disney Treasures Best Price?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Zorro Walt Disney Treasures Best Price?

Old 11-09-09, 10:46 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Zorro Walt Disney Treasures Best Price?

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
You can find some in the B&N coupon thread. I used one of the stackable $5 off coupons, but there are also a few 20% coupons if you start a new account.
Thank you for the help. They're selling for $51.29 now. I bought them when they were still $37.81 each.
Old 11-28-09, 01:03 PM

Both Zorro Season 1 and Zorro Season 2 have now been confirmed as OUT OF PRINT and are on mcarver's out of print list in the forum. Both seasons are doing being printed and sold within weeks folks. Only a handful of internet stores still have stock as of late November.

If you want them, BUY BOTH OF THEM RIGHT NOW. Amazon.com and Walmart.com still have them in stock and ready to ship immediately. These will be worth well over $100 in a matter of months, and will be scarce and rare by the New Year. Get them now while you can.
Old 11-28-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnglad
Both Zorro Season 1 and Zorro Season 2 have now been confirmed as OUT OF PRINT and are on mcarver's out of print list in the forum. Both seasons are doing being printed and sold within weeks folks. Only a handful of internet stores still have stock as of late November.

If you want them, BUY BOTH OF THEM RIGHT NOW. Amazon.com and Walmart.com still have them in stock and ready to ship immediately. These will be worth well over $100 in a matter of months, and will be scarce and rare by the New Year. Get them now while you can.

Wow, that's crazy to go out of print so soon. I was in Sam's Club yesterday, and they had a ton of these sets at $41.88. Glad I picked up a copy.
Old 11-28-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Wow, that's crazy to go out of print so soon. I was in Sam's Club yesterday, and they had a ton of these sets at $41.88. Glad I picked up a copy.
It was confirmed that only 30,000 sets were made (lowest number for any WDT sets so far...) and I imagine that as soon as all of the copies were sent to retail, the sets were declared OOP.
Old 11-28-09, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
I got mine online on release day. I've been to my local Sam's Club several times since release day and have never seen the Zorro sets there.
Old 11-28-09, 01:57 PM

I'm not convinced that this release method is the most profitable.

For example, I want to buy Silly Symphonies for my wife, but guess what? I can't, because now it's OOP.

Disney could have my money right now, but instead they seem more interested in hyping these limited releases.
Old 11-28-09, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

^But that's the Disney way. Just look at the classic animated features. These all go "in the vault" after only a year of wide release, sit there 7-10 years, get a "new" edition re release to much fanfare, and repeat. People jump on these when they come out because of this. You get high sales for a short period and don't have to worry about warehousing, etc. a title for several years. While I don't care for this business model it works for Disney. I make exceptions for coveted Disney titles because of this and will purchase them soon after release (or day of depending on the title - Zorro is a prime example) at the best price I can find. It kills my average DVD cost but sometimes it's the only way to get these titles.
Old 12-08-09, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts

Amazon went up from 44.99 to 47.99 on the second volume about a week ago. Funny enough, that was just the nudge I needed to buy the set, -but not from Amazon. I got them at DVD Empire with the $10 coupon and got a slightly better overall price. The second volume showed up again on my Amazon page, but its back at $44.99.
Old 12-22-09, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got a pleasant surprise today. I had put these in my cart at the Disney Movie Club when 1st released and drug my feet and when I went to order I recieved a message that my order cannot be processed. It appeared they were out of stock and gone for good.That was about 1 month ago. I go to the mail today and there they are. Woo Hoo.
Old 12-22-09, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
I go to the mail today and there they are. Woo Hoo.
Appear to be gone again.
Old 12-23-09, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't you get them for 60 bucks combined at the disney movie club? i think the sale this month is buy 1 get 50% off everything else.
Old 12-23-09, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by comanche_doyle
can't you get them for 60 bucks combined at the disney movie club? i think the sale this month is buy 1 get 50% off everything else.
To recap:

BKenn01 tried to order them from the DMC, but thought he was unsuccessful. However, he was later pleasantly surprised when they showed up at his house.

thejester pointed out that they are no longer available from the DMC, which I can confirm, since I just visited the club site earlier today, and, out of curiosity, looked for them.

Lastly, just to clarify, there is no "sale this month" at the DMC. They have various offers available to various account-holders. Your offer at the moment might be 50%-off, but others will have 40%-off or 60%-off or something else. This has been the case ever since the site redesign last year. There are no sale codes that can be used to activate different deals, like there are in the Columbia House clubs.
Old 12-24-09, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think your best bet to get these at a decent price is to wait for the next 40% Borders in-store coupon. This will bring them down to $36 each (assuming they still have stock). Even a 30% coupon will let you get them for $42 each, which is still cheaper than Amazon's price. I got mine from borders.com (now no longer available) by combining their 40% off and B1/60%off 2nd item coupons, plus I did the "buy $60 gift cards for $50" deal. Ended up getting them for $27.50 each.
Old 12-25-09, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

^Considering the *very* small run and *very* short supply of these, any price that is currently less than MSRP is going to be your best bet. As soon as these are no longer available the prices will really shoot up. Some marketplace vendors are already asking over $100 each for these.
Old 12-25-09, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

I'd say that if you want to get this at all, then you best get it pretty dang quick at any reasonable price you can find. If you don't do it soon then you're gonna be crying that you had to buy it from an Amazon.com marketplace seller for $100, or had to buy it on ebay and you'll be wondering if it's a bootleg because Disney is spelled wrong and it is not in the steel box!

Old 12-25-09, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There are still many reputable sellers on ebay. You just have to look for the ones that have been there a while and look at their feedback.

I know what sites most of the U.S. based bootleggers buy most of their stuff and I look thru them so I dont get burned and I havent seen these on there yet.

There are still a few sellers who have them for around $42.
Old 12-27-09, 06:08 PM

I have a "local" store nearby who has 6 copies of season 1 and 2 in stock. If a few people are really interested I would go get them, provided I get reimbursed for gas ,shipping and something for my time. I have to drive 60 min each way to get there and earliest I can go is next weekend.,
Old 12-27-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brewc
I have a "local" store nearby who has 6 copies of season 1 and 2 in stock. If a few people are really interested I would go get them, provided I get reimbursed for gas ,shipping and something for my time. I have to drive 60 min each way to get there and earliest I can go is next weekend.,
How much would you want for season 1?
Old 12-27-09, 08:29 PM

Amazon.com and Dvdempire.com both have these in stock still. Dvdempire has a $20 off $125 order coupon right now. Lot's of Best Buy stores still have them. I'm sure you can get it much cheaper online than paying someone gas money to drive 120 miles (local?, not imo) pay for shipping and paying for 2 hours of there time. I personally ordered my copies a month in advance from dvdplanet.com then found out they may get them to me by Christmas (canceled), then ordered on release day from dvdempire and got them $41.59 each after a coupon.

Last edited by marald; 12-27-09 at 08:31 PM.