DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   BEST BUY: FEARnet DVD BODY BAG EDITION $10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/562589-best-buy-fearnet-dvd-body-bag-edition-%2410.html)

thelonelyisland 10-04-09 12:36 AM

BEST BUY: FEARnet DVD BODY BAG EDITION $10

I found these really awesome DVDs that came with a slip cover that is like a body bag. All of them are $10! I can only remember these.

-House of 1000 Corpses
-Devil's Rejects
-American Haunting [Unrated]
-Nine Lives
-Boy Eats Girl

I picked up Boy Eats Girl. All were LionGates Titles.

hindolio 10-04-09 01:17 AM

Re: BEST BUY: FEARnet DVD BODY BAG EDITION $10

i recall seeing (prolly) this as well last week too. im guessing all the "body bags" are the exact same thing? with a zipper? and the only differences between these titles is the dvd inside yesh?

sandman007 10-04-09 01:03 PM

Here's the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

asianxcore 10-04-09 01:19 PM

I don't know if it applies to in-store, but it looks like all those titles are 2 for $15.

Awesome packaging. Couldn't find two I wanted.

Torchur317 10-04-09 03:44 PM

I'm going to have to pick up Warlock 1 & 2 for $15 Friday....

Raw_and_Vital 10-04-09 09:45 PM

I'd like to order a couple of these on BB online but I'm afraid they wont ship them with the body bag exclusive packaging... Hmmm....

Mike UFC 10-09-09 03:58 PM

Picked up Warlock 1 and 2 today. I opened them and if not for the Lions Gate logo, I would have taken it for a bootleg. The top of the DVDs are completely white with the movie titles in plain black letters. Never seen that before.

SethDLH 10-09-09 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mike UFC (Post 9762937)
Picked up Warlock 1 and 2 today. I opened them and if not for the Lions Gate logo, I would have taken it for a bootleg. The top of the DVDs are completely white with the movie titles in plain black letters. Never seen that before.

I have a few Lions Gate discs like that as well. About as cheap as cheap gets

thelonelyisland 10-09-09 09:56 PM

That's how my "May" and "Shriek if you know what i did last friday the 13th" are and they both like that.

tylergfoster 10-09-09 11:27 PM

My copy of May has the silver disc surface and the title logo.

When I have more money I will venture down to Best Buy and pick some of these up. Perhaps the latter two Ginger Snaps and Cube movies.

styl3s 10-10-09 01:28 AM

are they dual sided disc? both movies on 1 disc? both disc in same case? or separate cases? because i cant stand buying double/triple features that are in 1 case

tylergfoster 10-10-09 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by styl3s (Post 9763976)
are they dual sided disc? both movies on 1 disc? both disc in same case? or separate cases? because i cant stand buying double/triple features that are in 1 case

These are the existing single-disc releases, just with a new body-bag slipcover.

mnementh 10-10-09 06:33 PM

tylergfoster 10-11-09 02:16 AM

2 for $15 didn't end Saturday, did it? I wish I'd been thinking about it and made the trip down there...

Mike UFC 10-11-09 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 (Post 9765582)
2 for $15 didn't end Saturday, did it? I wish I'd been thinking about it and made the trip down there...

It's still up online, so at the very least you could do in-store pickup. They had a crapload of them when I was there on Friday.

The Monkees 10-11-09 01:22 PM

I saw these last week and Slaughter High was part of it. Didn't even know that came out on DVD, got it from Netflix on Friday, haven't watched it yet though.

Torchur317 10-11-09 02:10 PM

Slaughter High wasn't on the site or in the section where I seen these.... :confused:
I would have picked that up in a sec....

The Monkees 10-11-09 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 9766379)
Slaughter High wasn't on the site or in the section where I seen these.... :confused:

I saw it there in the section at the Best Buy by my house. I wanted to get it but didn't have the money.

Josh-da-man 10-12-09 01:41 PM

The "House of 1000 Corpses" I picked up about three/four years ago is like that, too.

asianxcore 10-12-09 02:50 PM

I would careful about the transfer for that film:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/36861...-high/?___rd=1

I've only been to one BB locally and I haven't seen these. I'll have to check the other whenever I'm not working.

Living Dead 10-13-09 05:07 AM

Are Warlock 1 and 2 anamorphic? Considering Lionsgate's track record I figured I should ask before buying.

Mike UFC 10-13-09 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Living Dead (Post 9770072)
Are Warlock 1 and 2 anamorphic? Considering Lionsgate's track record I figured I should ask before buying.

Warlock 2 is indeed enhanced. However, part 1 is in FOOLSCREEN. It's never been released in widescreen according to DVDCompare.

thelonelyisland 10-15-09 09:01 PM

it's $10, though. almost picked it up but picked up a flop called Boy Eats Girl, saw the trailer thought it would be so good--like shaun of the dead, but it was a bore.