DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy ad 10/4-10/9

Old 10-04-09, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Best Buy ad 10/4-10/9

Originally Posted by TheVelvetRope View Post
If you read the "fine print" on the back of the Steelbook, it essentially says that if you do not pick up your reserved copy of "Snow White," you can get a refund on your deposit, and nowhere does it state that you cannot keep the Steelbook, it only mentions your receipt. After all, what are they going to do with empty Steelbooks that get returned anyway? Let them collect dust somewhere? So you could always just purchase a copy at TRU or wherever else has a better deal and get a refund from BB and not be out anything or have to go through a hassle to get the best price.
Exactly. this has been rehashed before. i guess some people missed it. The $7.50 deposit was for Snow white NOT the free steelbook that we got for preordering.
Old 10-04-09, 11:53 PM

Guys, can anyone tell me how does the price adjustment work? Let's say I'll buy an item with $ 40 price tag and in 30 days it'll will be $ 20. Can I get my $ 20 difference back? I am SILVER MEMBER and I have 45 days to return ANY item that I bought from the store. I never actually used price adjustment. Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-05-09, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gutz View Post
Guys, can anyone tell me how does the price adjustment work? Let's say I'll buy an item with $ 40 price tag and in 30 days it'll will be $ 20. Can I get my $ 20 difference back? I am SILVER MEMBER and I have 45 days to return ANY item that I bought from the store. I never actually used price adjustment. Any help is appreciated.
It's a pretty easy process. Bring in your receipt and proof of lower price, go to customer service and request the price adjustment. You'll get the difference plus 10% in whatever method you originally paid: cash if you paid cash, a credit to your card if you used a credit card. Sometimes you have to "remind" the CS associate of the extra 10%, but I've never had a problem (then again, I've only done it a few times).
Old 10-05-09, 03:33 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight View Post
It's a pretty easy process. Bring in your receipt and proof of lower price, go to customer service and request the price adjustment. You'll get the difference plus 10% in whatever method you originally paid: cash if you paid cash, a credit to your card if you used a credit card. Sometimes you have to "remind" the CS associate of the extra 10%, but I've never had a problem (then again, I've only done it a few times).
I think the price guarantee is only 30 days for silver members, not 45 days. But you can always rebuy it at the cheaper price and immediately return it with your old receipt.
Old 10-05-09, 08:12 PM

Doc Moonlight and Trevor thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.
Old 10-05-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

any price on the 2 disc Audition set?
Old 10-05-09, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Deleted

Last edited by Manzana; 10-06-09 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-07-09, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not sure about other BB's but last night mine had about 10 or so Blu's for $9.99 each. There was a tag that listed them all and i didnt see them in the paper. Picked up Beetlejuice BD for $9.99 - $5 rewards. Wish I could remember them but i didnt realize it wasnt listed in the ad.