Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Used DVD's/Blu's Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 at Hastings

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 10:01 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used DVD's/Blu's Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 at Hastings

(This has been mentioned in the Hastings 30% off used thread, but I figured we should start a separate thread for a new promotion)

Used Movies (and cd's, books, music, and games) are Buy 2 Get a third for $1 at www.gohastings.com. It says "select titles", but like the last sale, the vast majority seem to be included. This is actually ends up being as good as or better than the last sale as long as you're ordering titles over like $5. (For video games it's definitely a better deal, as they were only 20% off during the last sale)

edit: No promotion code needed... if you add 3 eligible titles, it makes the lowest one $1 automatically.

Last edited by cinemaphile; 09-13-09 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-13-09, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Used DVD's/Blu's Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 at Hastings

Sadly, video games started at 30%-off in the last sale, and then dropped to 20%-off without me noticing, and I wound up ordering a few for more than I otherwise would have. Still OK deals, though.

The last two times when Hastings was running this B2, G1 for $1 sale before the recent 30-20-10% promotion, there were also $5-off coupons available (by signing up for their email newsletter, 1 use per account). However, I just registered a new account, and got the welcome email without a coupon. I hope they institute that once again, as I have a few things I'd like to get, but I don't want to pay shipping (3 items cost $4.99 shipping, so a $5-off coupon is a nice counter to that). That's right, I really am that cheap.
Old 09-13-09, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pfft. Once again, I am highly irritated by Hasting's insistence on claiming single-disc double features as sets. I could see not counting them as the freebie, but to not even allow them as qualifying titles?

Hastings has some good prices, but the shipping kills the value of the deal. Until there's a free shipping coupon or another 30% sale, I think I'll pass.
Old 09-13-09, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It looked good but finding 3 I really wanted to own proved futile. I would like to pick up I, Robot for a bargain price. But then add a couple I wouldn't normally buy, like Mall Cop and Made of Honor, add $5.00 shipping and it's almost $30 for only one title I really want to own. The others I've seen and really don't need to see again let alone own.

Don't even get me started on used titles for $20
Old 10-10-09, 05:48 PM
Suspended

I don't know what I am doing wrong.I put 2 CDs and I DVD in my cart.All were around the same price,yet none showed up as $1.00.
I than put 3 CDs in my cart.Again,these were all around $3.00 and none came up at $1.00.
I really wanted to put in a large order but it looks like you can only get the "buy 2 get 3rd for $1"deal to work once.I did get one of the DVDs to show up for a dollar when I planning my first order,but I really don't think they will let you have more than 1 $1 dollar item in your order...
Old 10-10-09, 08:11 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rider555
I don't know what I am doing wrong.I put 2 CDs and I DVD in my cart.All were around the same price,yet none showed up as $1.00.
I than put 3 CDs in my cart.Again,these were all around $3.00 and none came up at $1.00.
I really wanted to put in a large order but it looks like you can only get the "buy 2 get 3rd for $1"deal to work once.I did get one of the DVDs to show up for a dollar when I planning my first order,but I really don't think they will let you have more than 1 $1 dollar item in your order...
This sale has been over for a few days now - only dvd's are B2G1 now, and even then its not ALL dvds
Old 10-11-09, 12:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
This sale has been over for a few days now - only dvd's are B2G1 now, and even then its not ALL dvds
Well,poop.I noticed lots of CDs that I want that are less than 2 bucks(a few are less than a dollar),so I'll probably grab at least $30 worth of stuff.
Now,my next question is,how do I know which DVDs qualify for buy 2 get 3rd $1.00?
Old 10-11-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They would be the ones that you can browse when you select "Buy 2 Get 1 for $1" under the Promotions. I believe that when you click on the banner ad that shows the sale, it actually does that for you.

There's no way to know from Search results, though, so you can only use trial and error there. Here's a general rule: almost no box sets count, and almost no double features count, even if they're on one disc.
Old 10-11-09, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Missed out on the Buy 2 Get 1 for a buck deal, but today they had a 20% off deal on used DVDs, so placed what is my very first order with this joint. For about seven bucks each, I think I got an okay deal for these three titles:

Blood of the Virgins Used - 1 $4.62

Mill of the Stone Women Used - 1 $5.92

Mark of the Devil Used -1 $6.32

Merchandise: $16.86
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling: $4.99

$21.85
Old 10-11-09, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know about right now, but as of last night, the deal was actually showing up as 30%-off used DVDs, not 20, looking at the discounts applied in the cart. This was mentioned in the Blu-ray forum.
The code is 302010, but the site only lists things discounted at 20% and 10%. The last time they did this, used DVDs were 30% off. Used Games started at 30% off, but changed to 20% off during the sale. This time they are at 20% off.

So, either they just reactivated the old code in their system, forgetting it was 30%-off used DVDs last time, or they have misadvertised the terms of the sale.

And the same thing as before--it's only for certain titles. So don't expect to get 30% off season sets.
Old 10-12-09, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Once again those naps in Mrs. Linsky's math class have come back to haunt me. You are right, Cheato, I did get 30% off, not 20 as it said on the promotion.

Are you available to do my taxes this year?