Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Yes Asia Popcorn Night sale

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 09-16-09, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Asia is having a Popcorn Night sale which, best of all, includes virtually all Joy Sales releases and free shipping.

Customers who purchase three (3) or more items with the Popcorn Night icon in the same order will be eligible for discounted prices according to the following criteria:
- For orders containing 3-5 eligible items, the eligible items will be discounted to US$9.99 each.
- For orders containing 6-7 eligible items, the eligible items will be discounted to US$8.99 each.
- For orders containing 8 or more eligible items, the eligible items will be discounted to US$7.99 each.

Titles I recommend:
The Seventh Curse
Erotic Ghost Story
Sting of the Dragon Master
Broken Oath
Her Vengeance (IIb version)
Haunted Cop Shop
Lady Whirlwind
Blue Jean Monster
Stoner (pre-release)

These releases are anamorphic widescreen with original language soundtrack and English subtitles. They are unrestored prints so quality varies somewhat due to avaiable materials. Some, like Broken Oath, look fantastic.

NOTE: these titles are all NTSC Region Free, but if you don't have a region-free player, be careful ordering from this site.

Last edited by 10KBuddy; 09-16-09 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-17-09, 04:48 PM

Re: Yes Asia Popcorn Night sale

I already had all of the titles I recommended in the prior post except Stoner (purchased elsewhere for more $$), and you can find reviews for them all on DVD-Basen. Here's the order I placed for this sale. Last two titles are non-Joy Sales (and notorious Cat III's).

Women On The Run 1002882933 7.99
The Big Heat (Hong Kong Version) 1000023915 7.99
Fatal Vacation (DVD) (Hong Kong Version) ~ (DVD) 1000028694 7.99
Robotrix (Joy Sales Version) (Hong Kong Version) 1004306576 7.99
Stoner (DVD) (Hong Kong Version) 1021157939 7.99
The Lunatics (DVD) (Joy Sales Version) (Hong Kong Version) 1004306665 7.99
Dr. Lamb 1001822778 7.99
The Untold Story 1001803260 7.99

You can also click on Fortune Star on the popcorn sale page and get most of the Joy Sales releases, or scan on Joy Sales -VCD and look for the popcorn icon. Click the Include Adult Items tab to see stuff like Erotic Ghost Story and Jail House Eros.

Last edited by 10KBuddy; 09-17-09 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-18-09, 05:23 PM

Re: Yes Asia Popcorn Night sale

Oh, you have to choose Region All on DVD-Basen to see the reviews

Perhaps a priviledged user will want to post a link to the sale? [I would suggest the Popcorn Night Fortune Star page.] These are the best prices I've ever seen for these [quite enjoyable] titles. I am not affiliated with the site. I'm not really a newbie, either (formerly pre_hays_code with different email and computer).

Yes, buying these might mean that Dragon Dynasty won't see fit to restore them - you could make the same argument (and counters) for Warners Archive.

And I highly recommend Haunted Cop Shop for Halloween

Last edited by 10KBuddy; 09-18-09 at 07:18 PM.