Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

booker-complete series-$9.99 at best buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-09, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
booker-complete series-$9.99 at best buy

this is the spin off from 21 jump street. transfer looks good, 20 45min episodes spread over 4 discs, 5 episodes on each disc. great price, only drawback is music replacement which is so common these days, really miss the billy idol theme song, the same way as when i watch the dvd episodes of married with children missing the love and marriage theme. at least here with booker we are getting a really good value at 10 bucks for the whole set rather than the way the major studios want us to shell out the big bucks for sets with altered music because they didnt want to spring for the music rights
Old 08-31-09, 07:58 PM

Re: booker-complete series-$9.99 at best buy

FYI it's missing a couple episodes (1 of which I guess is available on one of the 21 Jump Street sets)--see tvshowsondvd.com
Old 08-31-09, 08:43 PM

yeah, the 2 missing episodes are the 21 jump street crossover which can be found on one of the 21 jump street sets, and the b.b. king episode because they couldnt get the musical rights, but the rest of the series is there minus some music, and this is the only united states release. if you are a 21 jump street fan, its no brainer (still miss the "hot in the city" theme song though). by the way, just finished watching the pilot and several jump street charactors appear in it

Last edited by jgorow; 08-31-09 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-31-09, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wesbsite list at on sale for $12.99 regular $14.99. Is the $9.99 the regular price in store? Never heard of the show is it worth a blindbuy?
Old 08-31-09, 11:18 PM

I just bought it in store for $9.99, possibly ymmv, still a great deal, if this had been put out by one of the "major labels", like say warner or universal, instead of by millcreek, it would prob be at least 3 times this price. I give major!!! kudos to smaller labels like millcreek for bringing us quality entertainment such as this, at a much better value than any of "the big guys" would ever give us, and from the looks of things will continue to do in the future, hopefully forcing the "major labels" to reconsider thier pricing structure.
Old 09-01-09, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty decent show, and a shame the BB King episode isn't included as it was very entertaining. Lots of tossing of Lucille out windows, and slow mo catches of the guitar.

Alas, poor Greico, we knew you well.
Old 09-01-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DVDEmpire has it for $9.98 as well with free shipping and no tax. Got mine there. Pretty cool show, especially if you were a Jump Street fan.
Old 09-01-09, 03:53 PM

i totally remember this show. i was going to get Supernatural at Target and skip BB This week, but I guess i'm making a trip after all.
Old 09-02-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Now $9.17 @ deepdiscount w/free shipping...

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...uctId=79878567