DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(DEAD) FYE.com Save up to $20 - Buy More Save More

New coupon just started today:
BMSMSUM9

Save $10 off a $40 purchase
Save $15 off a $60 purchase
Save $20 off a $75 purchase

If you are a backstage pass member, you can get some really good deals. They have lots of rebate deals as well, but the coupon wouldn't work with Last House on the Left BD for some reason. I think it is a glitch, since it works with Duplicity. Coupon is NOT valid on pre-orders or electronics though...

A few decent deals I found:
Amazing Stories S1 18.99 before discounts
Sex Drive Unrated BD 18.99 before discounts

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-26-09 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-27-09, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: (DEAD) FYE.com Save up to $20 - Buy More Save More

I can't seem to get the $20 to come off until my order tops $100.
Old 08-27-09, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I didn't have any problems.

I had about $90 worth of used products in my cart, then realized they have the $10 off $30 used code so I broke that large order up to save $30. Then found some new items, including the Amazing Stories set you mentioned kenbenobi. Discovered that a number of the sets on sale at Amazon (Muppet Shows, Golden Girls, Home Improvement) are also similarly priced here...a buck or two higher here but with the $20 code, I saved a bit more.

My problem when all was said and done was an e-mail indicating FYE would contact me about my orders--the subject was security authorization. Guess it looked a little suspicious for my usually inactive FYE account to accumlate a handful of orders.
Old 08-27-09, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What titles did you try? It's not good on pre-orders, and like I mentioned in my original post, it isn't working on Last House on the Left BD for some reason. But I suppose there could be other titles it isn't working with (although it should)...
Old 08-27-09, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
My problem when all was said and done was an e-mail indicating FYE would contact me about my orders--the subject was security authorization. Guess it looked a little suspicious for my usually inactive FYE account to accumlate a handful of orders.
I got that same warning email last year, when I used like 8 gift cards to buy a PS3. I was never contacted. It shipped 2 days later...
Old 08-28-09, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
What titles did you try? It's not good on pre-orders, and like I mentioned in my original post, it isn't working on Last House on the Left BD for some reason. But I suppose there could be other titles it isn't working with (although it should)...

Tokyo! Blu-ray
Empire of Passion-Criterion
Porco Rosso
Death Note 3: L, Change the World

All 4 titles are in stock and it meets the $75 threshold, even after the BSP is applied. I can only get $15 deducted instead of the $20. I think that I'm going to place the order and then contact their CS to see about getting the $5 back.
Old 08-28-09, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that I'm going to place the order and then contact their CS to see about getting the $5 back.
HAHA good luck with that. My experience with FYE is if something goes wrong with your order and you need to contact customer service, you better be prepared for a major headache.

Plus, don't count on returns. Even if they ship the wrong item to you, you may be responsible for return shipping.
Old 08-28-09, 12:11 PM

The promotion says Add Cd, DVD, Blu ray, or used product. I put in Used Wall-e, and Used Planet Earth, and now it says the coupon is not valid. I would only get it to work for $10 when placing new items in my cart, for any value about $40. I contacted customer service, and nothing. Anyone getting used items to work with this?
Old 08-28-09, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Quezacotl02
The promotion says Add Cd, DVD, Blu ray, or used product. I put in Used Wall-e, and Used Planet Earth, and now it says the coupon is not valid. I would only get it to work for $10 when placing new items in my cart, for any value about $40. I contacted customer service, and nothing. Anyone getting used items to work with this?
I don't know if you can swing it, but you want to consider the code USED1030A which is good for $10 off of $30. It's potentially a better deal than the other codes if you can break your order up since you'd save $20 off of $60 instead of just $15.
Old 08-28-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
I get that email every single time I order from FYE. Sometimes they call me, sometimes they don't. That's why I almost never order from FYE. Having to deal with phone calls for security authorization on a $10 order is just stupid.
Old 08-28-09, 01:53 PM

I am having the same problem. I have 2 Used Blu-Rays in my cart pricing at 48.00 before tax. Neither the 10 of 30 code or the 10 off 40 codes are working for me.
Old 08-28-09, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 441 Likes on 249 Posts

Used coupons do not work for used Blu-rays.
Old 08-28-09, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Used coupons do not work for used Blu-rays.
Doesn't explain why the 10 off 40 wont work. The coupon specifically says Blu-Ray
Old 08-29-09, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got that same warning email last year, when I used like 8 gift cards to buy a PS3. I was never contacted. It shipped 2 days later...
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
I get that email every single time I order from FYE. Sometimes they call me, sometimes they don't. That's why I almost never order from FYE. Having to deal with phone calls for security authorization on a $10 order is just stupid.
Did get a phone call/message left last night. Called back just now and other than being on hold 3 minutes, it was pretty painless to verify all of my info. I could understand the frustration if I had to go through this all the time. Also, if I had ordered something as a gift for a family member, it would have been awkward to have them hear a message about an FYE order on the machine.
Old 08-29-09, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 441 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Corihor1
Doesn't explain why the 10 off 40 wont work. The coupon specifically says Blu-Ray

No but it explains why the 10 off 30 won't work which is why I said used coupons in my post.
Old 08-30-09, 10:52 AM

What's the/a customer service phone number for FYE? Last time I needed one, I spent a lot of time digging through their website to find 800.818.1941, just to find that that number only took messages. The message I left never resulted in a return call, of course.
Old 09-01-09, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Always one to maximize my savings, I just bought Heroes S3 BD and American Gothic for $80.08, skimming over the minimum by 8 cents to get $20 off. That was with 10% off for Backstage Pass, of course. I'll get $10 back via rebate and 3% from cashbaq... And I used gift cards, so I paid nothing out of pocket...
Old 09-01-09, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Randy Hassan
What's the/a customer service phone number for FYE? Last time I needed one, I spent a lot of time digging through their website to find 800.818.1941, just to find that that number only took messages. The message I left never resulted in a return call, of course.
There is a sticky thread in the store forums with phone numbers to practically every store. It has this number: 1-866-393-7529
Old 09-01-09, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bubba111
HAHA good luck with that. My experience with FYE is if something goes wrong with your order and you need to contact customer service, you better be prepared for a major headache.

Plus, don't count on returns. Even if they ship the wrong item to you, you may be responsible for return shipping.
This is true, there online customer service is an absolute joke and the B&M stores can't help you. They shipped me a regular DVD when I ordered a Blu-ray and it's still not resolved after 6 weeks. No refund, No Blu-ray yet. You can call the 800 # and you will never get someone to talk to.
Old 09-01-09, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Always one to maximize my savings, I just bought Heroes S3 BD and American Gothic for $80.08, skimming over the minimum by 8 cents to get $20 off. That was with 10% off for Backstage Pass, of course. I'll get $10 back via rebate and 3% from cashbaq... And I used gift cards, so I paid nothing out of pocket...
I thought about going for Heroes, but I'm having trouble getting over all of the negativity regarding this release.
Old 09-01-09, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Randy Hassan
That is the number - if I remember correctly, you want to select 7 to talk to a human, and I've had luck calling after 5:00 Central on weekdays. They make returns a hassle - you must pay for return shipping, and usually have to call to give them the tracking number after it arrives to make sure they process it. On top of that, you have to FAX in the return shipping info to get reimbursed.
Old 09-02-09, 06:32 PM

I was always under the impression that FYE had the same stock as Wherehouse and Secondspin. 3 or 4 cds popped into my wishlist at Wherehouse and when I went to get them at FYE since Wherehouse is only have a dvd sale this week, none of them were available. What the heck?
Old 09-02-09, 07:20 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I noticed the inventory was different between Fye and the other 2 awhile ago. The used inventory must be wherehoused seperately.
Old 09-04-09, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bubba111

It took a couple of emails back and forth, but I did receive my $10 refund.
Old 09-09-09, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Appears to be DEAD.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.