DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   The Golden Girls: The Complete First - Seventh Seasons on sale! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/559640-golden-girls-complete-first-seventh-seasons-sale.html)

MadonnasManOne 08-11-09 12:53 AM

The Golden Girls: The Complete First - Seventh Seasons on sale!

For fans of this show, each season is on sale at several online retailers for insane prices!

Amazon.com has each season for $10.49 each!

DeepDiscount.com has them for $10.99 each plus free shipping.

If you haven't bought these yet, or haven't got all of the seasons of this brilliant show, now is your chance to do so for cheap! Great prices!

Ralph_Furley 08-11-09 12:55 AM

Re: The Golden Girls: The Complete First - Seventh Seasons on sale!

Yeah, they are $8.99 a piece at Costco right now. I might go with Amazon just to save hassle and gas if I can't find them while shopping for food.

Cardsfan111 08-11-09 12:59 AM

According to the Alias $12.99 thread, you might be able to pick them up at Target for $8.99 as well.

For those who might want to order from deep discount, you can get 8% back from bing.com (as opposed to the normal 4%) for a limited time, so that would bring your cost down.

MadonnasManOne 08-11-09 01:06 AM

$8.99 a season at some places? That is freaking steal! I paid the first week sale prices for each season, and they were worth it at those prices! My Mom loves this show. Maybe I can pick up the whole series for her at these prices!

Ralph_Furley 08-11-09 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne (Post 9635961)
$8.99 a season at some places? That is freaking steal! I paid the first week sale prices for each season, and they were worth it at those prices! My Mom loves this show. Maybe I can pick up the whole series for her at these prices!

Maybe if you wait long enough, they'll show up at Big Lots for $3.

darkhawk 08-12-09 04:02 PM

It was too good to pass up, so I bought all 7 seasons at Target.

MadonnasManOne 08-12-09 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk (Post 9639654)
It was too good to pass up, so I bought all 7 seasons at Target.

Congratulations! You got a great deal on a very funny, classic television show!

TruBuffyFan 08-13-09 12:16 AM

I have been frequenting my Target ever since I spotted the signs last week... But Nothing! Shopping 2maro... I only need season 4 to 7... so hoping I can get them...

Tim Tucker 08-13-09 09:07 AM

I checked the Targets here in Huntsville on Tuesday, and they had very few of the sets left. (Same thing at Costco as well.)

I noticed that the label on the shelf said that this price was valid until 8/31.

So do you think Target will restock these sets some time this month?

drmar35mm 08-14-09 10:03 AM

$8.99 at both the Targets I frequent. Funny show, but I don't need to own it.

darkhawk 08-15-09 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne (Post 9640149)
Congratulations! You got a great deal on a very funny, classic television show!

My wife and I watch it on Nickelodeon. To me, the best character on the show is Estelle Getty.

Russ_B66 08-15-09 04:37 PM

Bea Arthur, God rest her soul, could say so much with just a look. She was something else.

Russ

MadonnasManOne 08-15-09 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Russ_B66 (Post 9646711)
Bea Arthur, God rest her soul, could say so much with just a look. She was something else.

Russ

Too true! She really was one of a kind! That cast was so perfect, it is impossible to imagine anyone else playing those roles!

Cardsfan111 08-15-09 08:23 PM

Apparently the Golden Girls sets are being discounted everywhere. Saw some seasons for FYE for $9.99. This may have been one of those "after rebate" prices.

Laser Movies 08-15-09 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ralph_Furley (Post 9635946)
Yeah, they are $8.99 a piece at Costco right now. I might go with Amazon just to save hassle and gas if I can't find them while shopping for food.

If you also throw in the outrageous sales tax in California you might as well get them at Amazon.

mraw 08-18-09 03:52 PM

I wonder if this is an indicator that complete series sets for both Golden Girls and Home Improvement will be released in the near future.

MadonnasManOne 08-18-09 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by mraw (Post 9653277)
I wonder if this is an indicator that complete series sets for both Golden Girls and Home Improvement will be released in the near future.

I wondered the same thing. It will make me mad if they do that, and throw in bonus stuff that wasn't included in the individual season sets, which would really be the only reason that they would probably put out a complete series set! As much of a Golden Girls fanatic I am, they'll probably sucker me in!

consoleman 08-19-09 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne (Post 9653443)
I wondered the same thing. It will make me mad if they do that, and throw in bonus stuff that wasn't included in the individual season sets, which would really be the only reason that they would probably put out a complete series set! As much of a Golden Girls fanatic I am, they'll probably sucker me in!

Perhaps they may include something paying homage to Bea Arthur and Estelle Getty but I wouldn't too much more in bonus stuff. I may hang on to the individual sets I bought in case they announce something in the coming months given Target's 90-day return policy. Have to see what the MSRP is on the new set and figure out how much I can possibly get it for maybe at Deepdiscount when they have one of their 25% off sales? I can leave them shrinkwrapped and returning them if a better deal does come along.

Now I'm debating whether or not to keep the Alias sets I bought from Target. Was only able to get seasons 4 and 5 but none of the earlier seasons. How Target can carry 2 or 3 copies even they do restock is just plain crazy. Hopefully they can reconcile this before the month is up since supposedly this deal is supposed to be good till then.

writer106 08-19-09 10:40 PM

I might buy a few sets at Costco.

Tim Tucker 08-20-09 01:52 PM

If you can find them. These sold like hotcakes. Here, most were gone last week, and there were none at all this week.

RobCA 08-20-09 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tim Tucker (Post 9658811)
These sold like cheesecakes.

Fixed. ;)

I already own all seven seasons, but that's an awesome price for anyone who doesn't.

Rob

MadonnasManOne 08-20-09 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by RobCA (Post 9658898)
Fixed. ;)

I already own all seven seasons, but that's an awesome price for anyone who doesn't.

Rob

I see what you did there. Yum, cheesecake! I always wished I could have joined the girls when they were sitting around the table, having one of their late night gabfests, eating cheesecake! How fun would that have been?!

mraw 08-20-09 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne (Post 9659276)
I see what you did there. Yum, cheesecake! I always wished I could have joined the girls when they were sitting around the table, having one of their late night gabfests, eating cheesecake! How fun would that have been?!

The 'cheesecake' line was funny. Bea Arthur said that she hated cheeseake :-)

cinemaphile 08-22-09 10:34 PM

according to a target ad thread here in the forum, theyre in the ad for next week at$8.99, so check back!

Nugent 08-23-09 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by cinemaphile (Post 9663140)
according to a target ad thread here in the forum, theyre in the ad for next week at$8.99, so check back!

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Amazon has a pretty good track record of matching sales from Target along with BB. I may have to bite if I can get the season from Amazon for $8.99 each.