DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Old 08-06-09, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Also a lot of Animaniacs and Thundercats ..
Did they have the S1V2 and S2V1 box sets?
Old 08-06-09, 03:07 PM
Cool New Member

have checked Circleville, OH every other day...haven't had anything new in 2 weeks.

Grr
Old 08-06-09, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by LostFan View Post
Ha, you laugh, but I'll hit my first Big Lots since I've been reading these threads on Tuesday (LeMay store, St. Louis) when I return to work (I teach so I've been off all summer and am not that close to a Big Lots) and my entire goal is to find a Joey.

I guess its true what they say, one man's trash is another man's (this would be more effective if I knew the entire quote mind you).
Just to help out, the full quote is "One man's trash is another man's Joey Season 1".
Old 08-06-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by docdoowop View Post
Think where they'd be without our WB DVD $$:

"COLUMBUS, Ohio, Aug. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE: BIG) today reported second quarter retail sales for the fiscal quarter ended August 1, 2009 decreased 2.3% to $1,071.2 million, compared to $1,095.9 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2008."
Actually, this all started after July 1, so 3rd quarter should be +500%
Old 08-06-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd_daffy View Post
It is so bizarre that the 2-disc Looney Tunes Movie Collection got priced at $10.00. That's about the same price Amazon and Wal-mart sell it for.
Which is why I haven't bought that one, and why my local store has at least a dozen sitting there still...
Old 08-06-09, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Superman Serials are on Amazon Marketplace for $6.07 + 2.98 shipping from kgb-dvds now. Funny thing is, it was $6.10 when I ordered it a few hours ago. Then it dropped to 6.08. Now it is at 6.07. Why is this seller dropping it a penny or two every few hours? That's got to be a waste of someone's time...
Old 08-06-09, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
The Superman Serials are on Amazon Marketplace for $6.07 + 2.98 shipping from kgb-dvds now. Funny thing is, it was $6.10 when I ordered it a few hours ago. Then it dropped to 6.08. Now it is at 6.07. Why is this seller dropping it a penny or two every few hours? That's got to be a waste of someone's time...

Some Marketplace sellers use auto repricers to automatically price their item one penny lower than the next seller. The thought is a buyer will always pick the lowest prices. It's a dumb strategy IMO.
Old 08-06-09, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 View Post
Some Marketplace sellers use auto repricers to automatically price their item one penny lower than the next seller. The thought is a buyer will always pick the lowest prices. It's a dumb strategy IMO.
You know who does this a lot ImportCds sometimes I will put a cd from them in my cart and then go to the next competitive price and for days it will go back and forth between them jockying for lowest price.
Sometimes it will jump higher if someone buys from the other company and then ImportCd will jump higher after that.
But then you can start the cycle all over again.
Old 08-06-09, 04:00 PM

As you can see "dvdsdoneright" and "kgb-dvds" trying to get the lowest price for NEW Superman Serials so you will be buying from them since they have the lowest price. Sellers on Amazon Marketplace do that all the time.

I am going to check couple of Big Lots today. I don't have too much hope but you never know.
Old 08-06-09, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought the Superman Serial a few weeks back when all these boxes first appeared and I have never come across another one in my travels.
Old 08-06-09, 04:17 PM

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a road trip from NC to just outside of Pittsburgh. I mapped out a to/from trip that allows me to potentially hit sixteen Big Lots. If I still come up short on the Looney Tunes megapack, maybe someone will remember my great odyssey and pick an extra up for me someday (hint, hint).

Peter
Old 08-06-09, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a road trip from NC to just outside of Pittsburgh. I mapped out a to/from trip that allows me to potentially hit sixteen Big Lots. If I still come up short on the Looney Tunes megapack, maybe someone will remember my great odyssey and pick an extra up for me someday (hint, hint).

Peter

Man, you sound just like me. I did this on a trip from St Louis to Louisville. 16 BLs is a lot of dedication and as I'm sure you know disappointments. Hopefully you'll get lucky and find the "holy grail".
Old 08-06-09, 05:05 PM

There seems to be alot more commentary than actual finds ... no wonder these threads get so long ...
Old 08-06-09, 05:16 PM

I've hit like 10 Big Lots over the past month but at this point I feel like a road trip right now would be a huge waste of time. I think things have pretty much dried up for the time being, hopefully someone proves me wrong.
Old 08-06-09, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TropicalRobot View Post
I've hit like 10 Big Lots over the past month but at this point I feel like a road trip right now would be a huge waste of time. I think things have pretty much dried up for the time being, hopefully someone proves me wrong.
I agree with you. That's why I am now devoting my time to trading in the Exchange forum, or buying from Amazon Marketplace. If the price is really low (as in the case of Superman Serials), it's a no-brainer to me... I'll still hit a few stores several times a week, but the daily trek is over...

BTW, price is now at $6.05. I want my nickel back!
Old 08-06-09, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The store closest to me just told me they're not getting any new dvd's this coming week.
Old 08-06-09, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
The store closest to me just told me they're not getting any new dvd's this coming week.
My stores claim they have no idea what is on the truck until it arrives. So I dunno if I would believe them. I'd still go there the day after their truck day (Mondays here) to keep em honest...
Old 08-06-09, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MScottM View Post
I am about to hit a virgin Big Lots in 40 mins. A new one is opening in Waldorf MD today and I plan on being first in line. I hope they are fully stocked. Wish me luck.
Thanks for the heads up on this. There was zero mention of this store opening on the web site for some reason. BTW, they opened at 2PM.

Got a couple things to make the trip worthwhile:

Batman TAS V1/Superman TAS V1 (two-pack) $3
The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies (4-disc Golden Collection) $6
Land of the Dead (Unrated WS DC) $3
A Beautiful Mind (2-disc WS Awards Edition) $3
Bugsy (2-disc WS Unrated Extended Cut) $3

I also hit the District Heights, MD store (which is close by) and picked up the Super Bowl XXXI-XL set for $6. They had another but w/a floater.

Not much else at the DH store but in Waldorf they had 3 copies of the 6-disc versions of Thundercats (don't ask which one), Wacky Races, Flintstones S2 & 4 I think, OC's, War at Home, Joey, Friends, Animaniacs & Pinkys 1-2 (no 3's), Nightmares/Dreamscapes. No $10 sets. No Crypt. No other HB. No Lois/Clark. No Reeves Superman.
Old 08-06-09, 06:11 PM

My stores claim they have no idea what is on the truck until it arrives. So I dunno if I would believe them. I'd still go there the day after their truck day (Mondays here) to keep em honest...
Manager at my store told me the same thing.
Old 08-06-09, 06:18 PM
Banned

They know if DVD's are the truck just not what the DVD's are.

A manager showed me the computer screen with the listing of what was coming in on the next truck. Mostly it said: DVD bulk 400 titles or something like that but sometimes the titles were specified like The Flintstones. The same ones that showed up on my receipts at the same store.
Old 08-06-09, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ralph_Furley View Post
Manager at my store told me the same thing.
They do have a way to tell if they wish to............... cracksky is correct.
Old 08-06-09, 08:16 PM
Cool New Member

I was wondering... Does anyone know if the following sets have actually been found at BigLots? I know people have said they wanted them, but I wasn't sure if they were actually found.

Pinky and the Brain - Season 3
Dukes of Hazzard - Seasons 1, 3 & 7
Tales From the Crypt #7

And has anyone mentioned "Aquaman?" I'd love to find that.
Old 08-06-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Checked the stores on Woodruff Rd. and in Mauldin. Nothing new to report. Looks like the party's over. =\

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 08-06-09 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-06-09, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CapeCodKidinLA View Post
I was wondering... Does anyone know if the following sets have actually been found at BigLots? I know people have said they wanted them, but I wasn't sure if they were actually found.

Pinky and the Brain - Season 3
Dukes of Hazzard - Seasons 1, 3 & 7
Tales From the Crypt #7

And has anyone mentioned "Aquaman?" I'd love to find that.
There is a bunch of titles folks have mentioned that I'm nearly certain haven't been seen. That's not to say the ones you bring up haven't been spotted. I gave a little thought to going through and making an actual list from the posts made, then quickly realized I've got better things to do than to go through several thousands of posts over the last couple of weeks.
Old 08-06-09, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LostFan View Post
Ha, you laugh, but I'll hit my first Big Lots since I've been reading these threads on Tuesday (LeMay store, St. Louis) when I return to work (I teach so I've been off all summer and am not that close to a Big Lots) and my entire goal is to find a Joey.

I guess its true what they say, one man's trash is another man's (this would be more effective if I knew the entire quote mind you).
They still had 3 or 4 copies when I was there last Sunday. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.