DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/559296-big-lots-part-7-list-your-finds-here-no-trades.html)

FlamedLiquid 08-04-09 04:42 PM

Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Originally Posted by Keith123 (Post 9620428)
I was at the Fairborn, OH Kroger's today and though some of the DVD's had sold, the $7.99 price sucks. Big Lots rules!!!

I'm just saying...for a back-up..it doesnt hurt. Hoarders probably arent going to attack Krogers since the titles are $7.99. Its still a great price.

kenbenobi 08-04-09 04:46 PM

I am biting my nails until I can leave work in 1 hour 15 minutes. I soooo want to see what my stores have! I already gave up my left nut when I scored the Looney Tunes set a few weeks ago. But I'm still wagering my right one for that IMAX set...

SpinalGuffman 08-04-09 04:51 PM

Sorry about the abbreviation confusion ... I didn't mean to be that guy.

And, very glad to hear that it is the real deal. Sorry to question you, miller_time22. Since you have a fairly low post count I didn't know what to think. I've definitely run into folks on several boards that would post something like that purely to stir the pot. Glad you aren't one of them.

JamesDFarrow 08-04-09 04:58 PM

Don't know if this has been posted already but it is interesting:

Warner Bros. lawsuit claims $10 million loss in brazen DVD theft

http://www.thresq.com/2009/07/warner...t-lawsuit.html

Big Lots stuff?

James

miller_time22 08-04-09 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by SpinalGuffman (Post 9620467)
Sorry about the abbreviation confusion ... I didn't mean to be that guy.

And, very glad to hear that it is the real deal. Sorry to question you, miller_time22. Since you have a fairly low post count I didn't know what to think. I've definitely run into folks on several boards that would post something like that purely to stir the pot. Glad you aren't one of them.

No problem. I understand where you're coming from. Luckily, in my experience this board seems to have a lot of people who try and help others out and help cover everybody's wish lists. Especially since there appears to be no rhyme or reason in regards to which sets show up where and when.

FlamedLiquid 08-04-09 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow (Post 9620483)

Big Lots stuff?

James

multiple times posted. And thats what the majority think its tied with.

Bob_F1 08-04-09 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow (Post 9620483)

Big Lots stuff?

James

This has been extensively discussed in "Big Lots Part 6". Apparently the theft involved one million copies of Joey Season 1.

kenbenobi 08-04-09 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_F1 (Post 9620521)
Apparently the theft involved one million copies of Joey Season 1.

rotfl

kenbenobi 08-04-09 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by SpinalGuffman (Post 9620467)
Since you have a fairly low post count I didn't know what to think.

That he can't have children? Oh wait, that's sperm. Never mind...

dkedvd 08-04-09 05:31 PM

Franklin Mills PA store only had...
- War At Home (about 10 copies)
- Tracy Takes On: Season 1 (about 10 copies)
- Full House: Season 7 (1 copy)
- Joey (2 copies)
- Desperado/El Mariachi Box Set (1 copy)
- And I saw one of the football sets. Broncos I think?

b2net 08-04-09 06:53 PM

I know this is a big lots thread (and I will copy this into the Ralph's, I mean Kroger, Thread)... was inspired to hit 4 Krogers in the area... 2 had just put out shipments of a big box of DVDs with "Blow Out" written on it and a sign in the middle with "Blow Out"

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/s..._001-small.jpg

... Some were Warner Brothers.. Some were other Stuidios.. Movies ($3.99/$4.99/$5.99/$6.99)and Box Sets &Seasons ($5.99/$7.99).. Here is what I saw (from memory and my purchases;))

Veronica Mars S1 S2
Dead Zone S5
Full House S1, S2, S4
Dukes of Hazzard S3
Wild Fires (or something like that) S2
Some Weird Season set of work out videos with a 3D cover
King Kong (Jack Black) 2-Disc
Boomtown S1
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT S4 S5
Baby Looney Tunes (can't remember the collection/title beyond that)
Wayne Gretsky 2 Disc special something or other
Last Flight Out
Sydney White (WS)
Sisterhood of Traveling Pants (FS)
Sisterhood of Traveling Pants (WS)
Adventures of Superman
Superman Doomsday
Drillbit Taylor extended cut
Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
PS I Love You
Nims Island (WS)
Definately Maybe (WS)
and many more.......

Ralph_Furley 08-04-09 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by FlamedLiquid (Post 9620511)
multiple times posted. And thats what the majority think its tied with.

If there are restocks of the WB stuff, that would rule out the lawsuit DVDs ending up at Biglots!, no?

Sounds more plausible to me that Dark Knight DVDs were being sold on the down low. Rather than distributing the WB boxsets through an entire network of Biglots across the country. I would think they would recall some of that stuff. Especially before it was pictured in their ads and put on display. But who knows...

Undeadcow 08-04-09 07:05 PM

Amazingly both my local Hastings and Best Buy are now stocked to the hilt with fresh copies of Lois and Clark (all seasons) at a modestly priced $49.99. How's that for mark-up (I assume they share a vendor with Big Lots)?

Cubicle Morlock 08-04-09 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_F1 (Post 9620521)
This has been extensively discussed in "Big Lots Part 6". Apparently the theft involved one million copies of Joey Season 1.

That's just the smokescreen put up by Warner Brothers.

The truth is some sadistic bastard from Warner Brothers broke into the Big Lots warehouse and left behind one million copies of Joey while the night guard was asleep. Big Lots traced the culprits down, and now they're trying to sue for property damage and mental distress. WB counter sued claiming theft in an effort to deflect blame and obscure the motive for their dastardly deed.

Rumor has it Big Lot's warehouse now also qualifies for Federal Superfund action.

jgorow 08-04-09 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Undeadcow (Post 9620748)
Amazingly both my local Hastings and Best Buy are now stocked to the hilt with fresh copies of Lois and Clark (all seasons) at a modestly priced $49.99. How's that for mark-up (I assume they share a vendor with Big Lots)?

didnt walmart have the lois and clark seasons awhile back on one of thier endcap box set displays at a descent price, like $14.99 or so????

SpinalGuffman 08-04-09 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cubicle Morlock (Post 9620840)
That's just the smokescreen put up by Warner Brothers.

The truth is some sadistic bastard from Warner Brothers broke into the Big Lots warehouse and left behind one million copies of Joey while the night guard was asleep. Big Lots traced the culprits down, and now they're trying to sue for property damage and mental distress. WB counter sued claiming theft in an effort to deflect blame and obscure the motive for their dastardly deed.

Rumor has it Big Lot's warehouse now also qualifies for Federal Superfund action.

I was wondering what that "cash for clunkers" program was all about.

Tim Tucker 08-04-09 08:39 PM

Another disappointing trip to the local BLs today. Nothing new here. :(

Trevor 08-04-09 08:46 PM

Checked Sterling today. A new display of $3 movies, but no $10 sets, no blu-rays, and pretty much no TV sets of any kind left.

jgorow 08-04-09 09:35 PM

picked up the widescreen special edition of bulletproof monk for $3, nice set of special features, good transfer. not a great movie, but entertaining, a descent "popcorn muncher". was watching the special features and didnt know this was a "comic book movie", based on an underground comic book

Rocketdog2000 08-04-09 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by bwsmom (Post 9619973)
Hey, I'm all for giving folks hope! Hasn't been much luck out here in Portland - seems like you Midwesterners and East Coasters have been having the majority of the good hauls.

I wouldn't say that, at all.

I'm in the "other" Portland on the East Coast, and we haven't had much of anything. Baring the very first week, when I actually did find a few goodies, I've been checking the four neighboring stores within a 20 mile radius, too, and none of them ever got in any of the $10 sets.

We got some of the decent $6 sets (although I never found a Wonder Woman Complete Series, and someone here was going to sell one to me, but never got back to me about it after saying they would) that went really quickly, and a hand full of the $3 sets, but that was about it. The only things I'm still seeing in any of the stores is The War At Home, Tracey Takes On, Joey, Animaniacs Vol. 2 and Pinky & The Brain Vol. 2. Everything else is gone, gone, gone.

Keith123 08-04-09 10:54 PM

What's the verdict on, "The War at Home" season 1 set for $3.00? Is it
hated in the same vein as Joey? I saw maybe 30+ copies of it for sale at the Huber Heights, OH store last Sunday. Freaked me out.

bwsmom 08-04-09 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000 (Post 9621161)
I wouldn't say that, at all.

I'm in the "other" Portland on the East Coast, and we haven't had much of anything. Baring the very first week, when I actually did find a few goodies, I've been checking the four neighboring stores within a 20 mile radius, too, and none of them ever got in any of the $10 sets.

We got some of the decent $6 sets (although I never found a Wonder Woman Complete Series, and someone here was going to sell one to me, but never got back to me about it after saying they would) that went really quickly, and a hand full of the $3 sets, but that was about it. The only things I'm still seeing in any of the stores is The War At Home, Tracey Takes On, Joey, Animaniacs Vol. 2 and Pinky & The Brain Vol. 2. Everything else is gone, gone, gone.

Maybe it's a conspiracy against Portlanders from either coast... :hscratch:

Maxflier 08-04-09 11:03 PM

I'm curious. Has anyone found Thundercats S1V2 or S2V1 box sets at Big Lots? I know many people (myself included) have found the other 2 but are those out there as well?

doctaheath78 08-04-09 11:05 PM

I never saw anything in South Florida as far as Thundercats go except for 2 disc sets which is silly to get when the 6 disc sets are out there.

theMadness 08-04-09 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier (Post 9621234)
I'm curious. Has anyone found Thundercats S1V2 or S2V1 box sets at Big Lots? I know many people (myself included) have found the other 2 but are those out there as well?

I saw those early on in Central Cali. Only one or two of each. I think S2V1 was still there last week.