Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '09

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-09, 01:21 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '09

Originally Posted by Ralph_Furley
Originally Posted by WTK
These are all the 2-disc collections, correct? They ever gunna release Kiki's Delivery Service in a 2-disc collection? Or Castle in the Sky?
That's a no on Princess Mononoke and My Neighbors the Yamadas. The rest of the titles on sale are 2-discs releases.

...according to my copies of Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service, both of them are 2-disc releases.
Old 08-10-09, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '09

Originally Posted by beanjer
Rightstuf lists the collection as Sold Out. However, at SecondSpin, you can get all 8 of the singles with the Art Box for 47$, and no shipping charges, using the 20% off deal mentioned above.
Well, i come from Germany and so Secondspin charges $25.75 for internation mail shipping

Rightstuf just wanted $10 (+$2 for my second item in the order) so all in all rightstuf is cheaper for me. And Secondspin sell lots of used dvds...dont like that kind of stuff.
Old 08-10-09, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
...according to my copies of Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service, both of them are 2-disc releases.
And funny how those two are not part of either sale from BB or Amazon.
I've put off buying Castle In The Sky until I can snag a deal anyways.
I can keep waiting LOL
Old 08-10-09, 10:36 AM
WTK

Discover Artful Deals! @ RightStuf.com

Discover artful deals on manga and books from DC Comics’ CMX Manga line – from their newest releases like Oh! My Brother, The Battle of Genryu, Tale of an Unknown Country, Broken Blade and Deka Kyoshi to continuing favorites such as The Palette of 12 Secret Colors, Astral Project, Crayon Shinchan, Tears of a Lamb and Apothecarius Argentum!

From now through August 13, take 33% OFF the retail prices of all titles from DC Comics. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: artful
Expires: August 13, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

Also: The first 100 people to spend more than $60 dollars and use the following coupon code will receive their discount PLUS a new Summer/Fall 2009 CMX Manga sampler!

Coupon Code: artsampler
Expires: August 13, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on books from DC Comics. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Discover Artful Deals” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the DC Comics items we carry!! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

JYUNI HISOKU NO PALETTE © 2003 KUSAKAWA/HAKUSENSHA, INC.

Last edited by WTK; 08-10-09 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-10-09, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
That's a no on Princess Mononoke and My Neighbors the Yamadas. The rest of the titles on sale are 2-discs releases.

Crap. I didn't know that. The packaging looked a bit different to me (from the rest of the releases). Not that I ever saw them on sale anyway.

I got all my Miyazaki from the BB kiosk during the 50% sale, but those two titles were not included for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for the info and links to the deals as always.

Last edited by Ralph_Furley; 08-10-09 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-10-09, 05:05 PM
WTK

Old 08-10-09, 05:08 PM
WTK

Buy.com

Save on Miyazaki DVDs - Up to 47% off Plus Free S/H
Old 08-10-09, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Buy.com, Shipped by DeepDiscount.com (the 25% off or so effect...) - "Preorder" Roundup

8/4
I ordered this back on August 1st. Buy.com sent me an email saying DeepDiscount shipped it on August 3rd. But I still have not received it. Did anybody else order any of the 8/4 preorders via Buy.com (via DeepDiscount)? If this ends up lost or stolen that will make 2 out of 3 shipments from DeepDiscount in the past month they have had to resend.
Old 08-10-09, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Erdrick
I ordered this back on August 1st. Buy.com sent me an email saying DeepDiscount shipped it on August 3rd. But I still have not received it. Did anybody else order any of the 8/4 preorders via Buy.com (via DeepDiscount)? If this ends up lost or stolen that will make 2 out of 3 shipments from DeepDiscount in the past month they have had to resend.
You go with "free shipping"? When I did, DD told me it could take up to 10 business days. Seeing as it shipped on the 3rd, you've got a few more days to go before I'd start to worry.

I think you can email them and ask for a delivery confirmation #. That would give you some sense on where the package is.
Old 08-11-09, 12:52 PM

Yea recently DDD shipped something in a white plastic envelope that took FOREVER. I usually get stuff in like 4-5 days from them but this thing too at least 10 days. I emailed them about 8 days in and they told me to wait. I was amazed it showed up.
Old 08-11-09, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Miyazaki Classics - Stock Up for 43% Off @ Amazon.com | Expires 9/19/09
I saw all these at Costco today for $12.99.

Picked up The Cat Returns. Still no Castle in the Sky or Kiki.
Old 08-12-09, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ralph_Furley
I saw all these at Costco today for $12.99.

Picked up The Cat Returns. Still no Castle in the Sky or Kiki.
Did Costco have Porco Rosso? For some reason, this is the only title that I never got around to picking up. Thanks.
Old 08-12-09, 03:51 PM
WTK

Blu-ray Sale: Buy Two, Get One Free | Ends 8/21/09
Old 08-12-09, 03:59 PM
WTK

Buy 1, Get 1 Free on Select UMDs for PSP @ DeepDiscount.com

Buy 1 movie from the select list of titles and receive 1 of equal or lesser value free. When purchasing multiple movies you will be charged for the higher priced items and those of equal or lesser value will be at no charge. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Prices are subject to change. Offer Ends 08/27/09 at 11:59am CST. Don’t see your discount? Type in promotion code : UMDBOGO at checkout

Old 08-12-09, 05:39 PM
WTK

Miyazaki Sale - Up to 40% Off @ DVDEmpire.com
Old 08-12-09, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone seen Princess Mononoke or Pom Poko at Costco? Thanks!
Old 08-12-09, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Did Costco have Porco Rosso? For some reason, this is the only title that I never got around to picking up. Thanks.
Yes. $12.99. Saw it there at the Costco in West Covina. Or is it Rowland Heights? The one off Colima by the Puente Hills Mall.

Edit: Not that that helps you much in CT. Anyway, maybe they'll have some out your way. GL.

Last edited by Ralph_Furley; 08-12-09 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-12-09, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by snausages
Has anyone seen Princess Mononoke or Pom Poko at Costco? Thanks!
I saw Pom Poko there. Don't remember seeing Princess Monoke. Might be YMMV. All the Miyazaki were $12.99.

Some of the Disney films were $12.99 too. Incredibles, Monsters Inc., etc. But some were $18.99 (101 Dalmations, Tinker Bell). Maybe the older releases were cheaper. Not sure how they were doing it.
Old 08-12-09, 10:08 PM
WTK

DeepDiscount.com
Old 08-12-09, 10:08 PM
WTK

FYE.com

Last edited by WTK; 08-12-09 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-12-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

These are still the links to DD.
Old 08-12-09, 11:22 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

These are still the links to DD.
It's fixed now.
Old 08-12-09, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WTK
It's fixed now.

Old 08-13-09, 10:36 AM
WTK

Get the Ball Rolling With Savings on DVDs & More From FUNimation @ RightStuf.com

Get the ball rolling this August with awesome savings on DVDs and more from FUNimation – from new series, including Big Windup! Oofuri, Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino, Sgt. Frog and Nabari no Ou, to highly anticipated releases of fan favorites, such as Dragon Ball, Romeo x Juliet and Darker Than Black, plus Devil May Cry (and more) on Blu-ray!

From now through August 24, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs and merchandise from FUNimation. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: dragonball
Expires: August 24, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and other merchandise from FUNimation. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Get the Ball Rolling” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the FUNimation items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

DRAGON BALL © 2005 BIRD STUDIO/SHUEISHA, TOEI ANIMATION. ©1987 TOEI ANIMATION CO., LTD.

Last edited by WTK; 08-13-09 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-13-09, 02:09 PM

I just wanted to note that the Dragon Box is up for pre-order at TRSI. With the FUNi sale active and a Got Anime? discount it's $43.19.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.