DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-09, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 6

Originally Posted by dead000
There's no possible way True Blood has shown up at BL. It's one of HBO's highest selling T.V. box sets. Deadwood? Maybe. True Blood? NO WAY.

I want to see that receipt.
It probably won't matter. Most receipts don't show titles. I've only seen Flintstones show up.
Old 07-29-09, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no possible way True Blood has shown up at BL. It's one of HBO's highest selling T.V. box sets. Deadwood? Maybe. True Blood? NO WAY.

You can see the price sticker on the picture a few post above. That's the only proof so far.
Old 07-29-09, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by cracksky
It probably won't matter. Most receipts don't show titles. I've only seen Flintstones show up.
True. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I've hit four BLs in the past day or two and have come up empty handed. Although I've seen the Nick DVDs, but who in the hell wants those when True Blood can be had.
Old 07-29-09, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Wolf359
I don't understand how that could even be possible. Were the sales for that set truly that abysmal they would be clearanced out already?!

Like others were saying, if anyone in the DFW area would like to form some kind of team, I would be willing. I normally hit up these stores daily:

Centerville in Garland, Hwy 78 Garland, and the new Rowlett location on 66. Pm me what you are looking for and I'll get it if I see it.
Those are the stores I check normally, as well as Gus Tomasson in Mesquite, Skillman&Abrams in Dallas, Independence in Plano and sometimes Valley View in Farmer's Branch and Forest & Marsh in Dallas.
Old 07-29-09, 11:09 AM
Cool New Member

I think the receipt actually depends on the Big Lots. One store had everything show up: West Wing S2, Tracey Takes On S1, and Mission Hill. Every other store I bought just showed general DVD.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....
Old 07-29-09, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
You can see the price sticker on the picture a few post above. That's the only proof so far.
If that's proof, I'll remove said stickers, slap them on my Coraline and Watchmen Blu-rays, snap a pic, and post it on here claiming I found those there as well.
Old 07-29-09, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by zombeaner
Those are the stores I check normally, as well as Gus Tomasson in Mesquite, Skillman&Abrams in Dallas, Independence in Plano and sometimes Valley View in Farmer's Branch and Forest & Marsh in Dallas.
I sent a PM to Wolf359 about this, but I've got South Arlington (2) and Mansfield covered, as well as Redbird/67 and on occasion Lemon/Haskell near downtown.
Old 07-29-09, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Look what I found!

Yeah, i think maaaabye a practical joke about the True Blood.
Old 07-29-09, 11:30 AM

If that's proof, I'll remove said stickers, slap them on my Coraline and Watchmen Blu-rays, snap a pic, and post it on here claiming I found those there as well.
reminds me of last year when some guy on here claimed to have picked up a "heroes" box set at big lots for $3. pointless, childish bs
Old 07-29-09, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wasn't it xage that found Heroes (and Firefly I believe) at BL?

EDIT:

Yep, right here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...ml#post8486049

To be quite honest, I don't even totally doubt these crazy finds now. I never would have believed that those Looney Tunes sets, or most of the recent sets even, would be at BL either had a bunch of us not found everything we've found lately.

Last edited by Brent L; 07-29-09 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-29-09, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On the other hand, the Looney Tunes box, America's Game, Roots and Kubrick boxes were real deals. I'm sure many had doubts about those sets when first posted.
Old 07-29-09, 11:53 AM

Please read my post again. I said that is the only proof we have. Calm down. If you don't believe the person who said he bought the set fine, but you don't have to go after me. If you find Smallville Blu-rays there why not other stuff? Smallville came out last year in September and shouldn't be found at Big Lots either in my opinion.
Old 07-29-09, 12:01 PM

Have been visiting my local biglots in portland, or a couple times a week now in search of blu rays and yesterday I showed up at 9am when they opened and they had 5 copies of smallville s7 on blu ray! Other good finds i picked up was the Wonder Woman Collection seasons 123 for $6. I found that odd because they had a wonder woman season 3 sitting there by itself for $6. Also found Justice League Collection. They also had several copies of smallville season 4 dvd, roots, life goes on, west wing, jamie foxx show and joey. So all who are after blu rays don't lose hope because they are still showing up in stores!

Last edited by broyfan; 07-29-09 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-29-09, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Xage wasn't the first one to post about seeing True Blood for $3.
Old 07-29-09, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Look what I found!

Yeah, i think maaaabye a practical joke about the True Blood.
I would go crazy if someone actually found this.
Old 07-29-09, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Phibes
I wondered, since the WB sets are Wal-mart returns (or have so been speculated), if that some HBO returns accidentally got mixed in with the WB stuff. I'd love to get Deadwood for $3 as I've heard much good things about the show but have balked at how much they cost. I did see a Six Feet Under S3 during my weekend BL quest, but passed on it.
I have gotten items with best buy and wal-mart tags on them. Just for information sake if there is a master list somewhere.
Old 07-29-09, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Phibes
I wondered, since the WB sets are Wal-mart returns (or have so been speculated), if that some HBO returns accidentally got mixed in with the WB stuff.
Isn't HBO Video stuff distributed by WB? That could explain the HBO stuff ending up at Big Lots along with the regular WB stuff.

It was reported here by someone else that a Jon Pertwee Doctor Who title was spotted for $3.00. That's a BBC Video title, but again, the BBC stuff is distributed by Warner, so that could explain why that was at Big Lots.
Old 07-29-09, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
For those here that are looking for:

Tex Avery's Complete Droopy Theatrical Shorts
Hong Kong Phooey Complete
George of the Jungle Complete (1967)
Godzilla titles from Classic Media (I've seen 3 of the 7 from the box)

These are all found at a store called Five Below if you live on the East Coast:

http://www.fivebelow.com/storelocator

All discs are $5. each.
Thanks, got Droopy today in Nashua, but no HKPhooey's to be found.
Old 07-29-09, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
I would go crazy if someone actually found this.
Yeah, you could drive all over a 200 mile radius for 2 straight weeks looking for one like the Looney Tunes set.....
Old 07-29-09, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Is there any demand for the Woody Allen box sets? I remember seeing one (don't know which one) at one of the stores around here and am thinking about picking it up if it holds any value as trade bait.

And LMAO at the Stargate pic
Old 07-29-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
I have "joined forces" with a handful of folks so far. If any of you want to work with me to help one another make sure we get certain things, let me know. I picked up around 5 items for a fellow member earlier today to help them out.
I love this idea and I think it makes the whole adventure that much more enjoyable and fun, sharing the hobby instead of always turning it into a silly, selfish competition. As the lucky recipient mentioned above, I can certainly vouch for Brent's Big Lots hunting skills and for being one of the best DVDTalkers out there.
Old 07-29-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

I can't imagine that HBO would remaindering out "True Blood" sets at this point in time.

Number one, the DVD just came out a few months ago.

Number two, the series is still running. This isn't something like Lucky Louie or SFU, where the DVDs have been out a long time and the series were ended/cancelled.

Deadwood seasons doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility, especially with that new complete series DVD set they released.

If True Blood sets are showing up at Big Lots, then it's probably some kind of mistake, where a few TB sets got mixed in with some other titles.
Old 07-29-09, 01:23 PM

It's LOIS. Not Louis.

Old 07-29-09, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by U2Cowboy
I sent a PM to Wolf359 about this, but I've got South Arlington (2) and Mansfield covered, as well as Redbird/67 and on occasion Lemon/Haskell near downtown.
I usually hit Lewisville and Carrollton twice a week - no $10 or HBO sets that I've seen at either so far, but I may have just had bad timing.
Old 07-29-09, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
It's LOIS. Not Louis.

I know a guy named Louis, you might want to talk to him about that............................

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.