Big Lots Part 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-09, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 6

Originally Posted by hasslein
I emailed Big Lots with "THE" sku and this is the response I received today-

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Big Lots Customer Care Department. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to help with your inquiry as the MEMOREX 25 PACK CDR (sku# 550015483) you are looking for is not currently available in CA. The majority of our merchandise is closeout merchandise and is constantly changing. Due to the nature of our business - buyouts, closeouts and special one-time buys - we must limit our sale to stock on hand and cannot place orders for the merchandise once it is gone. We strive to always offer fresh merchandise in our stores and online in order to create an exciting, bargain-hunting atmosphere.
It is possible that this item or a similar item may be available again sometime in the future.

Thank you again and have a nice day.
Customer Care Department
Big Lots Stores, Inc
That explains why some of the $10 sets are in the electronic section.
Old 07-28-09, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BYork
I agree with Belar. Even with media backup, I really don't want large segments of my movie collection at risk of a network outage and/or hard drive crash.

On topic: has ANYONE in California seen the $10 sets yet? (hoping "no", so I can believe they just haven't made it here yet....)
Im in the Northern part of Los Angeles County

Im not so sure what the $10 set you meant...

I saw a $10 boxset (about a dozen) of Stanley Kubrick Collection and $12 (I think) of Three movie boxset. The same store also carries True Blood S1 DVD and Deadwood Season sets sells for $3 and freakin stacked up of LA Lakers Dynasty (which sucks..)

Last edited by xage; 07-28-09 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-28-09, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by xage
Im in the Northern part of Los Angeles County

Im not so sure what the $10 set you meant...

I saw a $10 boxset (about a dozen) of Stanley Kubrick Collection and $12 (I think) of Three movie boxset. The same store also carries True Blood S1 DVD and Deadwood Season sets sells for $3 and freakin stacked up of LA Lakers Dynasty (which sucks..)
What store did you see the Deadwood Sets at?
Old 07-28-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just $3? Jesus Christ.
Old 07-28-09, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by greyslade
8 Big Lots! Wow! That's dedication! Twice as many as I!

10 Down here in South Florida and NO THUNDERCATS 6 disc sets or $10 sets YET.
Old 07-28-09, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ralph_Furley
What store did you see the Deadwood Sets at?

Its Biglots
Old 07-28-09, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Its Biglots
I think he means...which Big Lots (city, town, or street).
Old 07-28-09, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Biglots - Pacoima City (Scary Place ... a lot of gangsters... heck even their sales associates got a lot of gangsta tatoos)
Old 07-28-09, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Don't worry, Xage has a habit of sticking his foot in his mouth.
Old 07-28-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And toilet!
Old 07-28-09, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well today this is all I wanted:Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 Years of Greatness

But I did see Tundercats season 1 (in two parts?) and a few 5 disc Super-Bowl sets and Baylon 5 the movie collection and Pinky and Brain season 1 and that's about all!
Old 07-28-09, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by belar
Are you kidding me? Ugh. Which store?
The Cape Girardeau store...no sign of any $10 sets in the surrounding STL area.
Old 07-28-09, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have not stepped into a Big Lots since Saturday and it feels good I need a break.
The truck delivers on Wed. so I will stop by on Thursday.
Old 07-28-09, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
A day can't get much better than that!
No it can't. What a great time Aug./Sept. is shaping up to be.
Old 07-28-09, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by jones
I would love to join forces with you.
If I could get some love on a Looney Tunes and a Super Bowl box set!!!
I live in St. Charles, MO and I think I've been to every big lots in the area except for the Kingshighway location.
Sorry if I was unclear(I usually am). I meant to seek anyone who lives in or near the Cape Girardeau area. Yesterday's trip to STL was a rare one.

The closest store to me is in Carbondale. The closest one up your way is Festus...almost double the Carbondale distance.

Thanks for your offer though...I wish we could've helped each other out.

Last edited by Razrbac77; 07-28-09 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-28-09, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have "joined forces" with a handful of folks so far. If any of you want to work with me to help one another make sure we get certain things, let me know. I picked up around 5 items for a fellow member earlier today to help them out.
Old 07-28-09, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hit up four North Texas Big Lots today, still didn't see any $10 boxsets. Really, I didn't find much of anything. I bunch of Joey, Dallas, and Dukes of Hazard, mostly. I did manage to finally find Seasons 1 & 2 of The Flintstones, though.
Old 07-28-09, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
I have "joined forces" with a handful of folks so far. If any of you want to work with me to help one another make sure we get certain things, let me know. I picked up around 5 items for a fellow member earlier today to help them out.
I'd be interested in that! When I stumbled on the Tales from the Crypt boxsets, I was bummed I didn't have anyone to buy/trade extras for. I must have been one of the first ones there because they had many copies of S. 2-6, the next day, almost all were gone - just a couple S. 5 and S. 3. Anyway, count me in if possible. Personally, I'm looking for Tales S. 1 and 7, Wonder Woman complete series, and the holy grail: Kubrick. The Deadwood set would also be great! What are folks looking for/need?
Old 07-28-09, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by greyslade
I'd be interested in that! When I stumbled on the Tales from the Crypt boxsets, I was bummed I didn't have anyone to buy/trade extras for. I must have been one of the first ones there because they had many copies of S. 2-6, the next day, almost all were gone - just a couple S. 5 and S. 3. Anyway, count me in if possible. Personally, I'm looking for Tales S. 1 and 7, Wonder Woman complete series, and the holy grail: Kubrick. The Deadwood set would also be great! What are folks looking for/need?
Check out the DVD Exchange forum, there is a thread with people listing what they have and what they want. I for instance, want the Looney Tunes Volumes 1-5 set, and I have the Kubrick set for trade and would love to do an even exchange.
Old 07-28-09, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
Check out the DVD Exchange forum, there is a thread with people listing what they have and what they want. I for instance, want the Looney Tunes Volumes 1-5 set, and I have the Kubrick set for trade and would love to do an even exchange.
Ahh, thanks for the tip - will do!
Old 07-28-09, 10:54 PM

wow, i'd love to pick up some of those deadwood seasons for my dad if i could find them. true blood for a friend of mine too if i can find it.

still looking for the kubrick and looney tunes 1-5 sets and the second and fourth volumes of batman the animated series. though my big lots is kind of crappy so it doesn't generally get everything thats involved with these kind of shipments, but they're supposed to be get a truck for tomorrow so i'll have to see
Old 07-29-09, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The same store also carries True Blood S1 DVD and Deadwood Season sets sells for $3
Are you BS-ing us? I won't believe it til I see them floating in your nice clean toilet bowl.
Old 07-29-09, 12:32 AM

I think this has been reported before, but I saw 5 copies of Six Feet Under S3 today.
Old 07-29-09, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by drewz
Lastly, there were no $10 sets. And I met a couple who were also buying DVDs who asked me "dvdtalk forum?"
Okay, this truly cracked me up! Here we all are, trying desperately to get the sets we're all drooling over, doing everything we can to outspend, outsmart and outlast the hoarders, and what happens... you end up in direct competition with another DVDTalker! Yikes!!!

That said, (and this rant is not in direct reference to drewz's posts), shouldn't it be a rule here that if you don't have your location listed in your profile box (or all you have is the name of your state), it should be MANDATORY that you post where in the heck you're shopping (i.e., city and state, if not individual locations by street name in places where there are multiple BigLots stores)??? Honestly, it drives me crazy to see people say, "I picked up the following today...," or "Man, I really scored! I got...." without identifying where they were! So many of the main posters in these BL threads are SO good to post as to what they saw/bought by location, it really streamlines things for the rest of us.

We're here to SHARE INFO folks, and it's a major pain in the heinie to see every third post quoting someone else's post only to ask "Where in California?," or "What NYC location?," etc. Take half a second and post where you got those great finds... saves the rest of us time and headaches; and it means we'll have more room in the thread for posts of pertinent info!

Stepping off the soapbox now...
Old 07-29-09, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by drfunky17
I don't know how they divvy it up regionally, but let's hope there's something to that idea about different parts of the country being behind others. Tuesday is the shipment day for most stores here in Houston, and they generally don't put it out until the next day, so only time will tell. I haven't heard of anyone in the South finding any of the $10 sets.
From reading this forum for months, it appears to me that limited stuff (Woody Allen Boxes, Looney Toons Boxes, etc) is most likely to end up in the eastern part of the Midwest (Ohio for one, which I BELIEVE is BL headquarters??) & the northern east coast.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.