Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-09, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 6

NoHo Sherman Way & NoHo Vineland SUCKED DRY !!!

plenty of the $3 movies though no boxsets...
Old 07-27-09, 10:34 PM
Tap

Originally Posted by grune
Has there been anymore than the one sighting of Doctor Who and the Claws of Axos? I'm trying to figure out if its one of those flukes showing up at just one store and weither it was included in a shipment of the $3 boxed sets or it was in a shipment of $3 DVDs.
I think I was the first to report it, but I've seen it at two stores now (two copies at each). At one store it was put out at the same time as the the big $3 box set shipment, but at the other the box sets were long gone when they appeared. There was still a copy at Franklin Mills (NE Philly area) earlier today.
Old 07-27-09, 10:50 PM
ADP

Has anyone seen the Ronald Reagan Signature Collection set in any Big Lots?

or

Any of the Waltons sets, John Wayne singles ?
Old 07-27-09, 10:52 PM

I've seen that $10 Looney Tunes movie set for $13 at a couple different Wal-Marts too. Its on an end of that display thats in front of the electronics department. I keep hoping to find one ticketed lower I'm not sure what big lots was thinking pricing it at $10. At most of the stores I've checked its the only $10 set remaining.
Old 07-27-09, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sotra
Also, I've seen mentioned the Popeye Vol.1 set came with a comic. How was this packaged? I can't tell if the one I got has one or not and would like to find out.
I think the only way to tell is to open it. I had two from the same case with the sticker that said it contained the comic, neither had it. I finally opened one in another store w/o the sticker, and it had the comic, so I bought it & returned the ones w/o the comic no problem.
Old 07-27-09, 10:58 PM

WW2 docu sets in Eau Claire WI:

WW2 in Color
Pearl Harbor
WW2 Combat Zone 1942-44
Armored Force
One about planes and air warfare, not sure the title.

Also, Civil War Battlefields
Old 07-27-09, 11:05 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by hasslein
I think the only way to tell is to open it. I had two from the same case with the sticker that said it contained the comic, neither had it. I finally opened one in another store w/o the sticker, and it had the comic, so I bought it & returned the ones w/o the comic no problem.
Mine was the same. No sticker on the outside, but when I opened the DVD to look at the DVDs, there was a comic in the middle to my surprise.
Old 07-27-09, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 614 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Phibes
Big Lots is obviously the root of all evil and bent on destroying DVDTalk by having the members kill one another in foaming hatred. I suspect devious Canadian mind control in some way....
I heard that.

Telepathically, I mean.

How else do you think someone could come from another country and purchase nearly every Big Lots boxed set he was interested in? There are many wondrous things we just can't tell you about our socialized health care system. Wonderful, powerful things. You'll just have to join us . . . join us . . . join us . . .

Originally Posted by Phibes
Interesting. My BL is due for delivery on Thursday but there was a truck out back dropping off today (Monday). I surely wanted to stop the car and take a look in the truck to see if I could spy DVD boxes . . .
Ah-HAHHHHH! So that's your game now, is it, Phibes, you magnificent bastard? I'll tell you this, sir: my newly-acquired noodles are of a hollowed-out variety, which makes them ideal for launching blowdarts at pith-helmeted savages who station themselves in proximity to loading docks in hopes of tipping the scales. Hell's comin'! Pip . . . Pip . . .

Last edited by Brian T; 07-27-09 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-27-09, 11:26 PM
Cool New Member

About the shipment days, is there any point in having this knowledge? Don't the stores just put out whatever stock whenever they feel like it? I guess maybe if you chummed up to some employees or managers it could come in handy but otherwise isn't it just a rough estimate?
Old 07-27-09, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checked Carbondale and Mt. Vernon Illinois...they're dry, probably until the weekend. Also called Fairview Heights, IL, and they're out until the weekend as well.

On a separate note, I managed to get volumes 1-3 of the Flintstones and Wacky Races today. Also, in the past have purchased Animaniacs season 2 and Pinky and the Brain season 1.

I mainly looking for stuff for my kids, so if anyone sees Animaniacs season 1, any Hanna Barbara or Looney Toons, I'd be much obliged. Of course, I wouldn't turn down a $3 True Blood, but I don't see that happening. I'm planning on going again this weekend, so I can take requests for trade fodder.
Old 07-28-09, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mazje
Checked Carbondale.....
Did you get yams at the gas station there?
Old 07-28-09, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ADP
Has anyone seen the Ronald Reagan Signature Collection set in any Big Lots?

or

Any of the Waltons sets, John Wayne singles ?
I've seen tons of John Wayne single dvd's in Washington state from several labels.
Old 07-28-09, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by grune
I've seen that $10 Looney Tunes movie set for $13 at a couple different Wal-Marts too. Its on an end of that display thats in front of the electronics department. I keep hoping to find one ticketed lower I'm not sure what big lots was thinking pricing it at $10. At most of the stores I've checked its the only $10 set remaining.
I despise Walmart, but I'd be thrilled to pay $13 for LT 1-5.
Old 07-28-09, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by jgorow
slightly off topic, but how many of you that grabbed the 1st 2 tracey ullman seasons from big lots are grabbing that 3rd and 4th season box from dd during thier 25% sale to complete thier collections. its priced pretty good, about $13 after the 25%
From what I've read, in the new season 3/4 set the episodes are butchered beyond recognition. So, I'll likely pass...
Old 07-28-09, 12:49 AM

I call BS on the Deadwood sets. Especially on the True Blood ones. Someone take a picture for proof. Gotta be a mix-up with the Everwood sets.

I went back to my local BL today and it was completely ravaged from the other day. Gotta be a lot of resellers trying to get their hands on this stuff. Somewhere out there is some chump with 50 copies of Larry King's greatest interviews. Good luck unloading those baddies.
Old 07-28-09, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BYork
FINALLY!

The Big Lots in the East Bay in the SF/Bay Area put titles out this weekend. I hit both the Dublin and Antioch stores, and here's what I saw:

Animaniacs S1 ($6)(dozens of copies)
Animaniacs S2 ($6)(a handful of copies)
Dukes of Hazzard S5 (dozens of copies)
Dukes of Hazzard S6 (dozens of copies)
Flintstones S2 (dozens of copies)
Flintstones S3 (less than 10 copies)
Flintstones S4 (less than 10 copies)
Flintstones S5 (all minus shrinkwrap, a handful of copies)
Josie and the Pussycats (less than 10 copies)
Lois and Clark S1 (less than 10 copies
Lois and Clark S2 (less than 10 copies)
Night Court S1 (dozens of copies)
Perils of Penelope Pitstop (a handful of copies)
Pinky and the Brain S2 (dozens of copies)
Popeye 1933-38 (dozens of copies...mine had the comic)
Scooby-Doo Movies 3-Pack (less than 10 copies)
The New Scooby-Doo Movies Collection (less than 10 copies)
Superman Serials (a handful of copies)
Tales from the Crypt S2 (less than 10 copies)
Tales from the Crypt S3 (less than 10 copies)
Tales from the Crypt S4 (less than 10 copies)
Top Cat (a handful of copies)
Wacky Races (less than 10 copies)
The War at Home S1 (dozens of copies)

(unfortunately, none of the $10 sets yet.)
That's a hell of a haul, Brian. I see the stores you went to out on the coast had some of the titles I'm looking for in the HB collections, such as penelope Pitstop, Josie, Popeye and stuff. Hoping they will show up here in Illinois.
Old 07-28-09, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I hit 5 stores in the New Orleans area tonight and the only notable thing I found (and bought) was Super Friends Vol. 2, which was $6 for some reason instead of $3.
Some stores had a shitload of DVD's, just not much in the way of box sets. Only the usual shit nobody wants like Joey, West Wing, Dukes of Hazard, etc.
Old 07-28-09, 01:22 AM

Those of you with a Half Price Books nearby, can likely pick up the Looney Tunes 2movie set there, new for $7.98. With last week's addl. 50% coupon, it cost me $4.

They also carry some of the same sets seen at Big Lots in quantity (i.e. Dukes seasons, complete Wonder Woman, some of the Hanna Barbera); unfortunately, it's all much higher priced however.
Old 07-28-09, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I hit 5 stores in the New Orleans area tonight and the only notable thing I found (and bought) was Super Friends Vol. 2, which was $6 for some reason instead of $3.
Some stores had a shitload of DVD's, just not much in the way of box sets. Only the usual shit nobody wants like Joey, West Wing, Dukes of Hazard, etc.
All of the SuperFriends sets I've come across have been $6, too.
Old 07-28-09, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by jayceman
Those of you with a Half Price Books nearby, can likely pick up the Looney Tunes 2movie set there, new for $7.98. With last week's addl. 50% coupon, it cost me $4.

They also carry some of the same sets seen at Big Lots in quantity (i.e. Dukes seasons, complete Wonder Woman, some of the Hanna Barbera); unfortunately, it's all much higher priced however.
My HPB is across the street from a Big Lots. Wonder if someone had the nerve ...
Old 07-28-09, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

It was mentioned pages ago.

"Superman: The Movie", the four disc edition.

Has anybody else seen this title recently?
Old 07-28-09, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by JohnIan
It was mentioned pages ago.

"Superman: The Movie", the four disc edition.

Has anybody else seen this title recently?
I picked up a copy about 3 days ago.
Old 07-28-09, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Man Ive been to 2 my town and nothing. Can anyone hook me up with Popeye V1 & Huckleberry Hound? tHOSE are the only 2 sets I want
Old 07-28-09, 07:56 AM

Pippity doo dah!

Phibes, Jr. is preparing some parking lot burritos that I'm aging on the hot Texas driveway. When properly launched towards the Canadian border they would well counter your pool noodles.

Can your telepathy predict when the rain of doom is coming?

Soon you'll be alone, dressed in a green smoking jacket, eating beans and franks, and talking to yourself in that feces stained Canadian wasteland. You, sir, will soon be only legend, as well as your socialized health care system.

Nah, nee, nah, nee, boo, boo, as the savages say.

Originally Posted by Brian T
Ah-HAHHHHH! So that's your game now, is it, Phibes, you magnificent bastard? I'll tell you this, sir: my newly-acquired noodles are of a hollowed-out variety, which makes them ideal for launching blowdarts at pith-helmeted savages who station themselves in proximity to loading docks in hopes of tipping the scales. Hell's comin'! Pip . . . Pip . . .

Last edited by Phibes; 07-28-09 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-28-09, 08:02 AM

I'd imagine that it's not the Golden set, but the two movie set. Don't tell me that I'm now going to have to start going to Wal-mart daily too!! .

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I despise Walmart, but I'd be thrilled to pay $13 for LT 1-5.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.