Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 5

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-09, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 5

Jacksonville had small restock... Had animaniacs, wait till ur father, tracy somthing, scooby doo, and then the same old stuff they had... All the sets were 6 bux, which sucked cause they should be 3!
Old 07-19-09, 04:18 PM

I just found this thread earlier in the week. I've hit my local Big Lots (in St. Louis) several times over the past few days, but have had absolutely no luck so far. No Hanna-Barbara, no Looney Tunes, Crypt, etc. I am, like many here I'm sure, intenstly interested in the animated sets. I'd like to start collecting them to show my two sons that Spongebob is not the be-all and end-all of cartoon goodness! :-)

I hope they restock soon!
Old 07-19-09, 04:22 PM

went to BL in Cary, NC. got popeye and Flinstones S2 for $3 each, and with today's 20% discount both sets cost be $5.10!

Didn't see any jetsons, or other flinstones, tales from crypt, etc...

I did pick up San Quenton, an old Humphrey Bogart movie from another BL the other day for $3... Don't know if that was mentioned...
Old 07-19-09, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazing how this raft of WB material at Big Lots has brought out new posters. Welcome, all!
Old 07-19-09, 04:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I spotted a number of these box sets at the NC State Fairgrounds flea market this afternoon priced at $10 (mentioned in case some here had some doubts where these sets have disappeared to). --Peter
Old 07-19-09, 04:30 PM

I went to my local Big Lots in Bristol, CA--and I believe they restocked earlier today to accommodate the sale they have going on. I got there around 1pm and unfortunately for me it had already been gutted. However I saw a guy holding a stack of Hanna Barbara box sets so I knew I was a little late >,< Anyways I managed to find Drew Carrey Season 1, so it wasn't a total loss.
Old 07-19-09, 04:35 PM
Cool New Member

Have there been any reported sightings of any of the following Hanna-Barbera/WB sets at Big Lots? The Scooby-Doo/Richie Rich Hour, Magilla Gorilla, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons, The Smurfs, or Hong Kong Phooey? If not, maybe in the next restock? (*keeping fingers crossed*).
Old 07-19-09, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by dvd_daffy
Have there been any reported sightings of any of the following Hanna-Barbera/WB sets at Big Lots? The Scooby-Doo/Richie Rich Hour, Magilla Gorilla, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons, The Smurfs, or Hong Kong Phooey? If not, maybe in the next restock? (*keeping fingers crossed*).

I believe someone, in the other Big Lots thread, mentioned seeing Magilla Gorilla
and Hong Kong Phooey.
Old 07-19-09, 04:59 PM

Today just continued to get better, my other friend was in Mass. today and stopped into a Newbury Comics shop there, she snagged me The Flinstones Seasons 2, 4, 5 and 6 which completes my Flinstones collection. In addition, she also got me Johnny Quest. My other friend stopped into the Hamilton, NJ Big Lots and was able to pick me up Wacky Races and the Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm show... Overrall, excellent day! Oh Looney Tunes Golden Collection, where art thou?!?
Old 07-19-09, 05:10 PM

Stopped in today to pick up a Flintstones season for trade with a fellow poster. They were almost wiped out of everything that came in yesterday! Hopefully good sales numbers will encourage BL to keep offering DVD's at great prices!

P.S. I wish that the Star Trek series were Warner Bros. and not Paramount.
Old 07-19-09, 05:12 PM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
After reading this thread this morning, I did some research and discovered that there's a Big Lots about 10 miles from me in Milford, MA. So, I decided that after work, I'd head up there and check it out.

There were no $10 sets. No Tales from the Crypt and no Hanna Barbera whatsoever. The $6 sets were pretty much the ones commonly listed here...Joey, The OC, The West Wing, etc. I wound up picking up a small pile of $3 dvds but nothing really special. It's most likely a drive I won't be making again anytime soon.
I had hit a bunch of big lots in MA and NH when the first wave of $6 sets hit. I missed it at Milford, but a couple of days later, all the MA stores had similar selections with a few getting thundercats and some other of the "rare sets" Still no sightings in MA or NH for $10 or Hanna Barbera $3 as of Friday.

The theory from Big Lots thread #4 is that Newbury comics got them from the same distributor, as they have a lot of the HB sets on sale for $10.

If HB and $10 sets start showing up here, check Milford again.
Old 07-19-09, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, I'm tempted to go again tonight to see if they restocked anything, but I'm guessing it'd be a wasted trip. It isn't too far...
Old 07-19-09, 05:29 PM

Just came back from 7 BLs.......picked up some rtacey sets S 1 and 2 for $3 plus picked up the Justice league for $3/

PLUS I FOUND SOME NICE MANAGERS THAT GAVE ME BACK MY 20% OF ALL THINGS I PURCHASED THIS PAST WEEK with using the coupon.

Over $60 in refunds.......WORKS FOR ME.
Old 07-19-09, 05:45 PM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
Damn, I'm tempted to go again tonight to see if they restocked anything, but I'm guessing it'd be a wasted trip. It isn't too far...
I think it would be a wasted trip. there are enough New Englanders on here that you probably would see some chatter. But, if you find anything, please post. CT will get things at the same time as MA.
Old 07-19-09, 05:47 PM

Another wasted trip.

They didn't have anything new put out since Friday when I last went and everything today was pretty much picked clean.

Anyone in the Jonesboro, AR area? If so, don't hit the Big Lots there, you'll be dissapointed. There is another Big Lots about an hour away in Poplar Bluff that I was thinking about checking out, but wish I knew someone who had checked it out already.
Old 07-19-09, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ishouldknowbetter
I think it would be a wasted trip. there are enough New Englanders on here that you probably would see some chatter. But, if you find anything, please post. CT will get things at the same time as MA.
Yeah I decided against it. I'll try another time. I mean BL is only 10 minutes away, if that, so it isn't a huge deal, but yeah.
Old 07-19-09, 05:58 PM

I went to the Danvers, MA store today. I was surprised that they sold out of the O.C. season 2 while the West Wing season 2 DVDs seem untouched. They also had new stuff: a bunch of Night Court season 1 and one copy of Smallville season 7 on blu-ray. I probably should have grabbed SM for when I eventually get a blu-ray player, but I didn't.
Old 07-19-09, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
Yeah I decided against it. I'll try another time. I mean BL is only 10 minutes away, if that, so it isn't a huge deal, but yeah.
Even so, the disappointment of walking away with nothing shaves a few days off your life span. Those can really add up! ;-)
Old 07-19-09, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Holy frak!

I just opened my "Wonder Woman" complete box. All the seasons inside were shrink wrapped. Season three has the bonus disc!

I thought that was only available on the single season 3 sets - if you were lucky.
Old 07-19-09, 06:26 PM

I went there tonight. I didn't see much for tv shows out there, so I asked an employee if they had anymore in the back and he brought me out one of each of the classic cartoons.

I got for $3 (plus 20% off):
Flinestones-Season 2
Jonny Quest-Season 1
Huckleberry Hound-Volume 1
Wacky Races

He also brought out Batman-The Animated Series Volume 3 (which I already had) and Top Cat which I passed on. I also got Dukes of Hazzard for $6.00 (plus 20% off). A couple of weeks ago, I got a Superfriends volume from there as well.
Old 07-19-09, 06:42 PM

Hi,

I'm new here, but I have been reading posts in the forum for a while now. These insanely low prices at Big Lots finally motivated me to post. I went to 2 Big Lots this morning, both in San Diego (Poway and Mira Mesa). Here's what I saw. All were $3 a set:

Everwood Season 1
Murphy Brown Season 1
Tracy Takes On
Flintstones 2, 3, 5
Adventures of Superman 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
Birdman and the Galaxy Trio
Top Cat
Larry King Interviews
Wacky Races
Dastardly and Mutley
Lois and Clark 1, 3
Several Tales of Crypt seasons
Popeye Set 1
Johnny Quest
Challenge of the Superfriends
Superman Animated Series 1
New Scooby Doo Movies

There were probably more sets, but it was overwhelming. They were going quick.

I bought myself some and a few extras for potential trades. I will post a trade list shortly.

Thank you!
Old 07-19-09, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I would assume that with the 20% off, all stores should be pretty picked over after today.
Old 07-19-09, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
After reading this thread this morning, I did some research and discovered that there's a Big Lots about 10 miles from me in Milford, MA. So, I decided that after work, I'd head up there and check it out.

There were no $10 sets. No Tales from the Crypt and no Hanna Barbera whatsoever. The $6 sets were pretty much the ones commonly listed here...Joey, The OC, The West Wing, etc. I wound up picking up a small pile of $3 dvds but nothing really special. It's most likely a drive I won't be making again anytime soon.
One good sign is you saw the $6.00 sets that were displayed in the last store ad. I'm hoping the July 26th ad(and members on biglots.com can sign-up for free to see the ad sooner on-line than Sunday) will indeed display the $3.00 cartoon sets. I live in the Dayton, OH area but no $3.00 cartoon sets have appeared early as far as I know. But, DVDtalkers have reported finds in Columbus, OH and Toledo, OH and Cambridge, OH etc. Why Dayton would hold back but the other OH cities didn't is too much DVD suspense in my life, I need another hobby...
Old 07-19-09, 07:39 PM

I have yet to see any tales from the crypt, wacky races, dastardly and muttley in north OC or South LA county. I would love to get those.

For those looking for the elusive Animaniacs s1 in this territory (until today, in the 7 or 8 big lots ive hit, i found 1 that I bought), there were probably 4 or 5 at the big lots in Yorba Linda on Rose st. This lots also had a ton of scooby do. they had some thundercats which i had not seen either.

Also have not seen animaniacs v3 at any of the stores i hit.
Old 07-19-09, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I would assume that with the 20% off, all stores should be pretty picked over after today.
And you'd be wrong. They do 20% off coupons all the time and I've only seen a slight increase in customers. Most people don't care about Big Lots.

edit: I think I found something rare today, The Woody Allen Collection for $16 before the coupon. Also picked up a bunch of anime box sets for my kids. Those were all $10 each.

I really want to find a Powerpuff Girls or Wonder Woman complete set but no such luck.

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 07-19-09 at 07:57 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.