Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - July '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - July '09

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-09, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - July '09

The thread got lost in another forum eventually setting into the Anime Talk forum. But it was put back here 2 hours later. I don't know about you but I feel that this thread should stay as a sticky here with all the other bargain threads.
Old 07-29-09, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - July '09

Originally Posted by Tenkyoken
The thread got lost in another forum eventually setting into the Anime Talk forum. But it was put back here 2 hours later. I don't know about you but I feel that this thread should stay as a sticky here with all the other bargain threads.
i concur. earlier today, i was looking for this thread in the bargains forum, but could not find it! thought i was finally going loopy.
Old 07-29-09, 08:32 AM
Cool New Member

I subscribe to the "Anime Bargain" threads and use a bookmark for my User CP. I'm never aware of the thread moving or getting stickied/pinned, unless I visit the main forum.
Old 07-29-09, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
BEI had mentioned recently that boxset for FLAG and also Zegapain is not very likely. So grab them while you can especially if you can get them cheap at your local Big Lots.
I swung by Big Lots yesterday, but no luck. Just gotta hope Flag gets added to this sale, I suppose.
Old 07-29-09, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
FYEG30 - Save 30% off any used CD or DVD
So I tried going into two different stores to use both of these coupon codes (FYEG20 and FYEG30) and was denied both times. I was told I needed a print out of the coupon even though I said that the email was just to bring the code in.

Is there a link to a printout of that information with the FYE graphic?
Old 07-29-09, 06:29 PM

Did anyone who ordered the Bleach Season 3 set from DeepDiscount during that misprice a month or two ago receive theirs yet? I just got mine, and they sent me the standard edition, not the LE with the Hollow Mask. For the record, they still do not list the LE on their site (at least not that I can see), however they have the MSRP for the LE in the listing for the standard edition. I wonder how their Customer Service is going to handle this one...

And I didn't see this mentioned yet, the standard edition is currently $34.49 on Amazon, just under half off.
Old 07-29-09, 07:11 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Corihor1
So I tried going into two different stores to use both of these coupon codes (FYEG20 and FYEG30) and was denied both times. I was told I needed a print out of the coupon even though I said that the email was just to bring the code in.

Is there a link to a printout of that information with the FYE graphic?
These coupon codes are pulled from FYE.com's Twitter page. It can be found here. All you supposed to do is mentioned and they are supposed to take off the discount.
Old 07-29-09, 07:13 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by VamPirateXXX
Did anyone who ordered the Bleach Season 3 set from DeepDiscount during that misprice a month or two ago receive theirs yet? I just got mine, and they sent me the standard edition, not the LE with the Hollow Mask. For the record, they still do not list the LE on their site (at least not that I can see), however they have the MSRP for the LE in the listing for the standard edition. I wonder how their Customer Service is going to handle this one...

And I didn't see this mentioned yet, the standard edition is currently $34.49 on Amazon, just under half off.
How odd. What's funny is that DD has a Amazon.com Marketplace account too as well. It's deep_discount_dvd_cd. And the regular boxset is $28.27 + $2.98 shipping at the moment.
Old 07-29-09, 08:22 PM
WTK

Best Buy (B&M)

Save $10 Instantly on the Purchase of any 2 Dragon Ball Z Season Sets. Offer expires 8/8/09.
Old 07-29-09, 11:27 PM
WTK

FYE.com Coupons

<HR>
TWEC Stores Coupon

bring this code to any f.y.e. stores (5FYEG40) and save $5 off any $40 purchase of CDs or DVDs
Old 07-30-09, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
Best Buy (B&M)

Save $10 Instantly on the Purchase of any 2 Dragon Ball Z Season Sets. Offer expires 8/8/09.
Cheaper if you buy from Deepdiscount with extra 25% off No taxes & Free Shipping. You can buy any set you wants
Old 07-30-09, 11:34 AM
WTK

Savings That Are a Steal! @ RightStuf.com

Find savings that are a steal on manga and books from TOKYOPOP – from hot new titles like Bloody Kiss, Tsubasa: Those With Wings, KimiKiss and Maria Holic to returning favorites such as DNAngel, Fruits Basket, Chibi Vampire and VB Rose!

From now through August 10, take 33% OFF the retail prices of all graphic novels and books from TOKYOPOP. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: heist
Expires: August 10, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on books from TOKYOPOP. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Savings That Are a Steal” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the TOKYOPOP items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

D.N.Angel © Yukiru Sugisaki

Last edited by WTK; 07-30-09 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-30-09, 02:57 PM

Managed to place one order for the 10 for 50 sale.

1 $50.00 * julysale10 Christmas in July 09 Promo: 10 for $5
1 Free av20870 Flag DVD 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition + Ar
1 Free dmadbx1 Madlax DVD 1 (Hyb): Connections + Art
1 Free dmlm001 Moonlight Mile DVD 1 (Hyb): One Small
1 Free dmlmbx1 Moonlight Mile DVD 2 (Hyb): A Gambler
1 Free dmlm003 Moonlight Mile DVD 3 (Hyb): Conspirac
1 Free dpmp001 Pumpkin Scissors DVD 1 (Hyb): Honor &
1 Free dpmpbx1 Pumpkin Scissors DVD 2 (Hyb): The Ene
1 Free fun08670 Ragnarok DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 Free fun08671 Ragnarok DVD 2 (Hyb)
1 Free fun08672 Ragnarok DVD 3 (Hyb)

Would have liked to order more but money is tight and I still need to place a DD order.
Old 07-30-09, 05:24 PM
WTK

Old 07-30-09, 09:45 PM

Just received my second DD order today (shipped 7/27). I still have not received my first order (shipped 7/18). DD customer service said that they can't ship a replacement order under next Thursday (8/6). I really hope it shows up before then.

In my second order I received the Viridian Collection of Suzuka. Can't beat 26 episodes for
Old 07-30-09, 10:27 PM
WTK

Buy.com, Shipped by DeepDiscount.com (the 25% off or so effect...) - "Preorder" Roundup

8/4
8/11
8/18
Old 07-30-09, 10:32 PM
WTK

[QUOTE=Erdrick;9610334]In my second order I received the Viridian Collection of Suzuka. Can't beat 26 episodes for
Old 07-30-09, 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=Erdrick;9610334]Just received my second DD order today (shipped 7/27). In my second order I received the Viridian Collection of Suzuka. Can't beat 26 episodes for
Old 07-31-09, 07:17 PM

Re: Suzuka packaging.

I bought the non-Viridian version from Rightstuf in June (they had it for 15 at the time) mostly because it was a few dollars cheaper than the Viridian, but the packaging is totally different and it sounds like I lucked out. It's a thinpack, two thin cases holding two disks each, one on each side (no overlapping disks like apparently the packaging in the Viridian collection), in a cardboard container. There were no problems at all with the packaging of the item I received and I'm happy with it. This is the complete series box set they still have there for 19$, while they also sell the Viridian for 22.50.

Originally Posted by WTK
Though I don't own this, I have seen it. If I remember correctly it's packaged inside a clear brick case (double sided / overlapping discs).

It wouldn't hurt that you contact/email FUNimation and express your concern toward this newer packaging. You can try this here: [email protected].

Last edited by beanjer; 07-31-09 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-01-09, 12:23 AM
WTK

New month, new thread... Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '09