DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Justice League: Season One [Blu-ray] $7.46 on Amazon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/557029-justice-league-season-one-%5Bblu-ray%5D-%247-46-amazon.html)

Jedi Master 33 06-21-09 02:03 AM

Justice League: Season One [Blu-ray] $7.46 on Amazon

Justice League: Season One is currently going for $7.46 on Amazon. Brand New too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Ruderic 06-21-09 02:17 AM

Re: Justice League: Season One [Blu-ray] $7.46 on Amazon

No it is not.

JoN8282 06-21-09 02:24 AM

lol... not really... 39.99...

g 06-21-09 02:27 AM

The amazon marketplace seller newbury comics has it new for that plus shipping

B5Erik 06-21-09 03:29 AM

Not anymore they don't... ;)

b2net 06-21-09 05:15 PM

Is a new item from a reseller actually considered an item from amazon?

bmvtoys 06-21-09 05:54 PM

This is just a small bit of the stuff that warner dumped recently. Expect many resellers to be selling thier product very cheap.

Recently i was offered many warner boxsets (TV) for less than $5-

B

Eric F 06-21-09 06:20 PM

I've noticed a trend on the site of people representing stuff from Amazon resellers as stuff from Amazon. Will people please stop doing this? It's misleading and a waste of time.

The only case where it might be worthwhile is when it's from one of the resellers who's officially connected with Amazon, carry more than one of the item and don't charge for shipping. Please label them as "Resellers" in your thread title as well.

whotony 06-21-09 09:35 PM

worst bargain ever?

PGHFlyer 06-21-09 10:31 PM

Great bargain in my opinion. This set retails for much more, and I appreciated the notice. I am curious - what are the circumstances of Warner "dumping" these so cheaply? I recently noticed the same thing happening with Ken Burns DVD sets (not Warner product, coincidentally).

Jedi Master 33 06-21-09 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 9516690)
I've noticed a trend on the site of people representing stuff from Amazon resellers as stuff from Amazon. Will people please stop doing this? It's misleading and a waste of time.

The only case where it might be worthwhile is when it's from one of the resellers who's officially connected with Amazon, carry more than one of the item and don't charge for shipping. Please label them as "Resellers" in your thread title as well.

Well excuse me for not meeting your standards and just trying to report a good deal. Next time I'll just keep it to myself and not help out my fellow posters.

Cheato 06-21-09 11:41 PM

^ I don't think you need to take it personally. Although I didn't need this on Blu-ray, your post reminded me to pick up Smallville Season 7 (an earlier post about an Amazon marketplace bargain), so I went and did that. Your posts about bargains like this are certainly appreciated. However, as Eric F said, it's not really Amazon, so your title could be more accurate if it included that info. But thanks again!

Jedi Master 33 06-21-09 11:43 PM

No, you're right. I'm sorry. I will make sure I'm more clear next time.

TheBigDave 06-21-09 11:51 PM

I appreciate the post OP. And hope you post other good finds in the future.

I agree with others that there's difference between Amazon and Amazon Marketplace. When I see an Amazon deal I think Free 2-Day Shipping (because I'm a Prime subscriber). Amazon Marketplace means you have to add shipping costs and wait 2-3 weeks to receive the item (and hope the seller packaged it well).

hal9000 06-21-09 11:52 PM

Linking to a third party vendor selling through Amazon is not a "true" deal in my opinion. Doesn't this border on self promotion? I thought I read a very long time ago posts like this weren't allowed. But if DVDTalk is going to allow it, I'm going to start posting links to all my incredible deals I have listed on Ebay.

Not to piss on anybody's parade... I'm just saying.

Jedi Master 33 06-21-09 11:56 PM

Well, trust me, I'm not trying to self promote or anything. I just saw a good deal and decided to post it.

The Reaper 06-22-09 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by hal9000 (Post 9517115)
Linking to a third party vendor selling through Amazon is not a "true" deal in my opinion. Doesn't this border on self promotion?

Why? He's not the one selling it.

g 06-22-09 12:22 AM

People have posted amazon marketplace deals many times before. Newbury comics is a major concern.

hal9000 06-22-09 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 9517133)
Why? He's not the one selling it.

I never said he was directly... this is one of those gray areas, you never know, that's all.

Also, I guess what I was trying to suggest is, if we posted every third party deal here, this board would be flooded with deals.

yellowlt4 06-22-09 01:38 AM

Thank you OP!! You posted a bargain in the bargain section and followed all of the rules doing so.

Cheato 06-22-09 01:45 AM

We don't have to play "slippery slope."
New copies of JL Season 1 on Blu-ray are (were?) available on Amazon's site for what, $10.44 delivered? That's a bargain.
Same with Smallville Season 7, with multiple reputable Amazon marketplace storefronts selling them for $15.90 delivered (and last night, one at $15.77 with fulfillment by Amazon, qualifying for FSSS).
If people want to search eBay for auctions or BIN listings, everybody knows they can do that.
Bargains such as the one the OP found on Amazon's site are much harder to notice and, in general, are available in quantity--not just single items from one seller, which are not appropriate in this forum.
Is it a gray area? Of course. But are we really seeing a flood of posts about this kind of thing?

vu_quy 06-22-09 03:32 AM

Thanks OP, for the heads up/contribution! Great find! Keep up the good work!

PGHFlyer 06-22-09 06:32 AM

I don't think it is gray at all. If there is a bargain out there that others can take advantage of, then it is fair game. It wouldn't be cool if all the copies were $45, and one random marketplace seller had one listed for $8, and they bought that one copy and posted it here........BUT there is a clear dumping of this particular title as prices are over 80% off - not only on Amazon marketplace but eBay and other sites as well. This was good to know.

However, putting Marketplace in the title would be nice for those that want to ignore such deals...........

hal9000 06-22-09 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by jkzahn (Post 9517274)
However, putting Marketplace in the title would be nice for those that want to ignore such deals...........

This!

whotony 06-22-09 02:42 PM

this?

what do you mean, "this"?