DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hastings 2 Day Sale - Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 on All Used

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-09, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hastings 2 Day Sale - Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 on All Used

Hastings is having another 2 day sale. A few things stand out:

All used - but the ad says dvds, cds, and video games so I don't know if it includes blu-ray. Can someone confirm please??

Also, they have some $12.99 blu-rays. Usual Suspects and some John Wayne was shown.
Old 06-19-09, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Hastings 2 Day Sale - Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 on All Used

when i looked at the ad earlier this week, i think it said that blu-rays were excluded.
Old 06-19-09, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That stinks. Typical Hastings suckage.
Old 06-19-09, 02:56 PM

Yeah, it's their typical sale that they have running all the time. I think there was one time that they included Blu-ray. I remember going in there and finding nothing. But then going in a couple days later and finding that some of the Blu-rays that I had looked at were cheaper than they were before (sometimes by like $6). I would have probably picked a few of them up for the B2G1 if they were that price. And they may have been that price, since there would be two copies of a used movie. One was priced at $19.99 and the other at $10.99. I could have just checked the one that was priced $19.99, not even thinking about seeing if the other one was cheaper. I still picked up Night at the Museum for $10.99 with a gift card I had. I still have some of that gift card that was given to me at Christmas. I used to go to Hastings all the time, but since I've been buying Blu-rays instead of DVDs, I just don't go in there much (even though they just opened a really nice new store).
Old 06-19-09, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still feel burned when I lugged around 3 heavy used dvd boxsets and then the cashiers tells me, oh the sale doesn't include boxsets. Excuse me, but the sign said all used dvds. I'm curious about the $12.99 blu rays though.
Old 06-19-09, 03:30 PM
Cool New Member

I agree that my DVD purchases have declined from Hastings, but the nice thing about this sale is that it includes Used Books. DVD and CD sales happen frequently at Hastings; book sales - not so much.
Old 06-20-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I just wasted 45 minutes on this lousy sale. Absolutely nothing that I could combine for a decent deal.

Video games? Forget it. They wanted 49 for Gears of War 2 used. The best combo I could find was Legendary, a sticker infested Mass Effect and Bioshock. Since these were ex-rentals, I took a pass. Course most of their video games are locked up behind metal cages with the spine outward so you can't even see the freaking prices.

Cds - very few used, and awful prices. They wanted 15 bucks on Dream Theater USED cds.

Dvds - ex. Seven Pounds ex rental 14.99. The only used boxset was a beat up copy of Buffy S2 for 34.99. Insane prices. And the sign didnt include blu-rays. Gee thanks, Hastings.

The 12.99 blu-rays were the usual crap, Alexander, Swordfish, Lethal Weapon...

It'll be a long time before I bother with Hastings again.