Band Of Brothers Set on Blu-Ray $27 for 1 or $57 for 3

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Band Of Brothers Set on Blu-Ray $27 for 1 or $57 for 3

Old 06-17-09, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Dead???) Band Of Brothers Set on Blu-Ray $27 for 1 or $57 for 3

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...e/883929023936

Barnes & Noble online has Band Of Brothers Blu-Ray Set for $30 - $3 with code X8P4F9K = $27. They are also running a promo in which you buy 2 DVDs (or DVD set) and get 1 free. You may get 3 sets for $57 with free shipping. Thanks fertie26 from Slickdeals
Note: The above code takes 10% off only one item.

Edit: This title is not available for ordering. It may be available at a later date. Sorry to the folks that missed out. I should have posted this immediately.

Last edited by punit; 06-17-09 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-17-09, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Band Of Brothers Set on Blu-Ray $27 for 1 or $57 for 3

I personally ordered 2 sets of BoB and 1 Benjamin Button Criterion blu-ray , altogether for $70 shipped to India.
Old 06-17-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Wow. Misprice?

$99.99 List price
$30.00 Online price
(Save 69%)
Old 06-17-09, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Amazing deal, too bad I'm broke this week....
Old 06-17-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Torchur317
Amazing deal, too bad I'm broke this week....
I suggest you order straight away. With the number of orders already placed, the ship date won't be before some date in July. And as per my experience, you don't get billed unless the order ships. So, you should be safe
Old 06-17-09, 12:54 PM

Thanks OP!
$29.23 shipped.
Old 06-17-09, 12:57 PM

edit

Last edited by K Tm S; 05-10-10 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-17-09, 12:58 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks.

Description Quantity Gift Options Discounts Total Price

* The Dark Knight
* Christopher Nolan, Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart
* Blu-ray - Wide Screen
* Online Price: $32.39

* -$3.24

$29.15

* Quantum of Solace
* Marc Forster, Daniel Craig, Olga Kurylenko, Mathieu Amalric
* Blu-ray - Wide Screen / Subtitled / Dubbed
* Online Price: $33.99

* -$7.99

$26.00

* Band of Brothers
* Ron Livingston, Frank John Hughes, Damian Lewis, David Schwimmer
* Blu-ray - Wide Screen
* Online Price: $30.00

* -$30.00

$0.00

Shipment Subtotal: $55.15
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Sales Tax: $4.07
Shipment Total: $59.22

Used the AAA membership 15% off entire order plus a 15% off one item membership code from the B&N coupon thread. AAA discount negates the 10% off B&N membership, you don't get both. However the coupon codes can be used in addition to the AAA discount.

Last edited by Classic Films; 06-17-09 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-17-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by punit
I suggest you order straight away. With the number of orders already placed, the ship date won't be before some date in July. And as per my experience, you don't get billed unless the order ships. So, you should be safe
Whew, got my order in, and scheduled to ship. Idiots on SD are posting about buying these to resell for profit on Ebay. Greedy people just ruin a great deal for everyone.
Old 06-17-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot ever get to the website (although, my connection at work has been suffering today).
Old 06-17-09, 01:32 PM

sold out. Got to the last page of ordering and the then my totaled soared.

Balls.
Old 06-17-09, 01:37 PM

It's dead. Out of stock and can't be backordered.
Old 06-17-09, 01:38 PM

BOB BR no longer available for ordering.
Old 06-17-09, 02:00 PM

now showing as 79.99
Old 06-17-09, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Whew, got my order in, and scheduled to ship. Idiots on SD are posting about buying these to resell for profit on Ebay. Greedy people just ruin a great deal for everyone.
They aren't even selling for much on ebay.
Old 06-17-09, 02:08 PM

damn, missed out on a good deal
Old 06-17-09, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well no worries, it looks like Barnes & Noble is canceling all of the orders

The shitty part is they didn't even send an e mail. I just checked my order on line and it said canceled on 6/17.
Old 06-17-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247

The shitty part is they didn't even send an e mail. I just checked my order on line and it said canceled on 6/17.
Wow, that sucks. I'm glad I missed out on this "deal" then...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 06-18-09 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-17-09, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247

Not quite true. They are removing Band of Brothers but if you ordered other items in the 3 for 2 sale they are sending the other 2 items without the discount.
In my case since Band of Brothers was the free item I am being charge the same price without Band of Brothers. They also will not let me cancel the remaining part of the order.

Talking to customer service wasn't much help. I said I didn't understand why if they were changing my order, they didn't inform me and ask me if I still wanted the remaining items at the same price. They insisted that the way their system works items can't get canceled if they are scheduled to ship within 48 hours. I pointed out that my items say they are not scheduled to ship until July 8 per the order. That date apparently was when Band of Brothers was included and didn't change on the order when Band of Brothers was removed. They said they would try to get the shipment redirected to their returns department instead of my home. I informed them if they charged me I would dispute the charge with my credit card company. They offered to send me a return label if the items ship to me.

Thanks again to posters here. I wouldn't have checked my order if I hadn't read that Band of Brothers was being canceled.

Last edited by Classic Films; 06-17-09 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-17-09, 09:36 PM

Damn that sux....
Old 06-17-09, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Not quite true. They are removing Band of Brothers but if you ordered other items in the 3 for 2 sale they are sending the other 2 items without the discount.
In my case since Band of Brothers was the free item I am being charge the same price without Band of Brothers. They also will not let me cancel the remaining part of the order.

Talking to customer service wasn't much help. I said I didn't understand why if they were changing my order, they didn't inform me and ask me if I still wanted the remaining items at the same price. They insisted that the way their system works items can't get canceled if they are scheduled to ship within 48 hours. I pointed out that my items say they are not scheduled to ship until July 8 per the order. That date apparently was when Band of Brothers was included and didn't change on the order when Band of Brothers was removed. They said they would try to get the shipment redirected to their returns department instead of my home. I informed them if they charged me I would dispute the charge with my credit card company. They offered to send me a return label if the items ship to me.

Thanks again to posters here. I wouldn't have checked my order if I hadn't read that Band of Brothers was being canceled.
dang that sucks. did you speak with a supervisor? haven't dealt with amazon much, i prefer buying in store, because most times if they mess up they prefer that i not cause a scene, and speaking with a manager usually works.
Old 06-17-09, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by micmac36
dang that sucks. did you speak with a supervisor? haven't dealt with amazon much, i prefer buying in store, because most times if they mess up they prefer that i not cause a scene, and speaking with a manager usually works.
Yes I spoke to a supervisor. I had to wait almost a half hour on hold. The first CS rep told me that Band of Brothers was no longer available from supplier. I told him that it was still available on their site for $80. He kept repeating that it wasn't available and there was nothing he could do so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was the one who said they would try to get the order shipped to their return center.
Old 06-18-09, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films

Well this supposed-to-be-a deal has back-fired on me big time. I had ordered 2 copies of Bob and 1 Curious case of Benjamin button. 2 copies got canceled and the Benjamin Button blu-ray continues to exists. My account option doesn't let me cancel the order. I called up support rep. and she wasn't able to help me in spite of admitting that she can understand my concern. B&N is now ready to ship this 1 item to me for $40. I've already sent couple of emails to [email protected] and [email protected](got this from support rep).

Problem in my case is that unlike in US, i cannot walk up to B&N store and ask for a refund or request them for return shipping labels. I don't want to get this order now but just can't think of a way to stop the shipment from arriving.

Posting here to get the advice from subject matter experts in this board/forum/thread. I've already mentioned in my e-mail to CSR that i will refuse to accept the shipment, put it up as a merchant dispute with my credit card company. CSR from B&N still haven't responded to my email. I'm in a mess. Help please !
Old 06-18-09, 05:49 AM

I am just wondering if there are any business owners on the thread...just want to see what they think.. if they were B&N would they ship the orders? I've seen this (now dead) deal in perhaps a dozen pages; including a lengthy thread over at slick deals.. I just thought about the loss B&N would have incurred if those orders would have shipped, specially in this economy.

EDIT: just adding to a previous poster; yes, it is true that over at SD, many posters were ordering multiple copies to sell on ebay, craigs list and others..

Last edited by Choking-Hazard; 06-18-09 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-18-09, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, I am Fking pissed over this crap. First cuz of the horders ruining the deal. Second, I placed an order with 2 copies of BOB and 1 copy of Prison Break for the Buy 2 get 1 Free.

BN.com canceled all the BOBs ,but shipped Prison Break to me at full price for damn 37 bucks. This is BS!!!

I will never do business with these jerks again. I haven't renewed my membership in months because of their crappy deals. Their B2G1 free is a joke. They want $105 for Batman anthology when I can get it 50% less on Ebay.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.