Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

wanted dead or alive-coming in august-cheap

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 06-16-09, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mill creek picked up the rights to the steve mcqueen tv series "wanted dead or alive" and is putting out the complete series on dvd at a great price on august 25th (29.98 list). thats for the full 3 season series, all 94 episodes, on an 11 disc set. you can pre-order it now at amazon for 29.98 or wait and see if anyone discounts it further.
Old 06-17-09, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: wanted dead or alive-coming in august-cheap

I'm not a fan of Mill Creek. They put out the cheapest of the cheap, products. Cases that snap in your hands, discs that are always scratched up. No thank you. I'm on the fence on picking up this series, but if I do, it will be the discontinued box sets.
Old 06-17-09, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They aquired the rights to a lot of Steve Cannell shows as well, I wonder what's going to happen to the music clearances in Wiseguy.
Old 06-17-09, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by JohnIan
I'm not a fan of Mill Creek. They put out the cheapest of the cheap, products. Cases that snap in your hands, discs that are always scratched up. No thank you. I'm on the fence on picking up this series, but if I do, it will be the discontinued box sets.
the discontinued sets were on bci, who went out of businesss. bci was a label that had some packaging issues as well. we can only wait and see how mill creek will package this set. I have noticed that with some of mill creeks more recent multi-sets, they have gone to paper sleeves packaged in a box, which really isnt bad.
Old 06-17-09, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by hasslein
They aquired the rights to a lot of Steve Cannell shows as well, I wonder what's going to happen to the music clearances in Wiseguy.
I really hope they do a full series set of wiseguy as well. if they picked up "the a-team" and do a full series set of it, I would really be a happy guy. universal put out the individual season sets of a-team, but never put together a full series r1 set.

Last edited by jgorow; 06-17-09 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-17-09, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

If the quality is crap, those OOP single season sets are gonna go through the roof.
Old 06-17-09, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
If the quality is crap, those OOP single season sets are gonna go through the roof.
8 half hour episodes a disc for a black and white show, I cant imagine the quality being too bad
Old 06-17-09, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JohnIan
I have to disagree. I've purchased many sets from Mill Creek and never had a problem. Discs have always been pristine and packaging perfect. They're one of the best budget DVD marketers.
Old 06-17-09, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by docdoowop
I have to disagree. I've purchased many sets from Mill Creek and never had a problem. Discs have always been pristine and packaging perfect. They're one of the best budget DVD marketers.
Agree 100%. Mill Creek, by far, does the best job with the public domain titles they release....sometimes better than bigger budgeted outfits (like Shout! or Timeless Media). I have complete convidence that these sets will look just fine.
Old 06-17-09, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I am going to buy the hell out of this. Did BCI finish the series, before they lost it?
Old 06-17-09, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by stingermck
I am going to buy the hell out of this. Did BCI finish the series, before they lost it?
show ran for 3 seasons, new line originally had the rights and they put out season 1, then bci picked up the rights and they put out seasons 2 and 3 before they went under. by the way, there is a movie you can pick up that is semi-sequal to the series where rutger hauer plays the grandson of the charactor that steve mcqueen made famous. gene simmons of the rock band kiss plays a terrorist who rutger hauer goes after.

Last edited by jgorow; 06-17-09 at 09:54 AM.