Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Old 06-17-09, 08:34 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Larryville, GA
Posts: 2,197
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Matrix and Dirty Harry blu-rays look good to me...
Old 06-17-09, 08:35 PM
  #27  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

I might pick-up The Matrix.
Old 06-17-09, 09:13 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Some potentially good deals to be had if the one-day 50% off TV programs includes any of these:

The Wire: The Complete Series
Currently: $145
W/Discount: $72.50

The Sopranos: Complete Series
Currently: $275
W/Discount: $137.50

Get Smart: Complete Series
Currently: $150
W/Discount: $75

The Shield: Season 7 - The Final Act
Currently: $45
W/Discount: $22.50

Burn Notice: Season Two
Currently: $32
W/Discount: $16

Three Stooges: Volume 6 (Technically not TV, but I've seen them grouped in the TV section)
Currently: $20
W/Discount: $10

Friday Night Lights: Season 3
Currently: $25
W/Discount: $12.50
Old 06-17-09, 10:44 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Legend
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Posts: 19,165
Received 272 Likes on 226 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Thanks OP!

Probably nothing for me that week.
Old 06-17-09, 10:48 PM
  #30  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by SkipKassidy View Post
Some potentially good deals to be had if the one-day 50% off TV programs includes any of these:

The Wire: The Complete Series
Currently: $145
W/Discount: $72.50

The Sopranos: Complete Series
Currently: $275
W/Discount: $137.50

Get Smart: Complete Series
Currently: $150
W/Discount: $75

The Shield: Season 7 - The Final Act
Currently: $45
W/Discount: $22.50

Burn Notice: Season Two
Currently: $32
W/Discount: $16

Three Stooges: Volume 6 (Technically not TV, but I've seen them grouped in the TV section)
Currently: $20
W/Discount: $10

Friday Night Lights: Season 3
Currently: $25
W/Discount: $12.50
Mark-downs will be taken from regular prices.
Old 06-17-09, 11:07 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by awil1026 View Post
Mark-downs will be taken from regular prices.
Well, I was going by the sticker price on the DVD itself. Except for The Sopranos set.

Using the Best Buy Web site as a guide, I've noticed that a few titles are tagged lower in-store than on the site.

For instance: Lost: Season 3

Web site shows it for $49.99
In store it is tagged for $34.99.

Now unless they retag all of the TV series as part of the deal, would that mean the sale price of Lost: Season 3 is $24.99 or $17.50?
Old 06-17-09, 11:22 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by SkipKassidy View Post
Well, I was going by the sticker price on the DVD itself. Except for The Sopranos set.

Using the Best Buy Web site as a guide, I've noticed that a few titles are tagged lower in-store than on the site.

For instance: Lost: Season 3

Web site shows it for $49.99
In store it is tagged for $34.99.

Now unless they retag all of the TV series as part of the deal, would that mean the sale price of Lost: Season 3 is $24.99 or $17.50?
I imagine the reg. price is $50 and it'll be $25 on Sunday. Note in the ad that Season 4 will be on sale for $25 and is reg. $50.
Old 06-18-09, 08:35 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Inhumans99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 4,348
Received 165 Likes on 142 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Even if BB bumps up the price to full MSRP for the half-off sale, I am all over Burn Notice S2...was waiting to pick that up during DD's bi-annual sale. And just thinking out loud...but here's to hoping The Closer S4 is also part of the sale.
Old 06-18-09, 08:50 AM
  #34  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,107
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

So is this 50% off all tv seasons?
Old 06-18-09, 12:15 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Wish I hadn't bought that Seinfeld set the day it came out. Ugh.
Old 06-18-09, 01:16 PM
  #36  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,166
Received 122 Likes on 94 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

How are the other 4 Dirty Harrys? Is the box set worth a blind buy if I only like the first, or should I just buy this one and rent the rest?

Plus..I'm going to have to get a price adjustment on The Shield S7.
Old 06-18-09, 01:32 PM
  #37  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 246
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 View Post
So is this 50% off all tv seasons?
The ad says "select TV series", so I'm guessing no.
Old 06-18-09, 01:50 PM
  #38  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 72
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 View Post
So is this 50% off all tv seasons?
No, only all the seasons of a particular series, not all tv seasons.
Old 06-18-09, 06:06 PM
  #39  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,737
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Wait, Pink Panther 2's out NEXT week?

I saw a bunch of copies in stock at the Galleria BB in Houston yesterday.
Old 06-19-09, 10:55 AM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 297
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
How are the other 4 Dirty Harrys? Is the box set worth a blind buy if I only like the first, or should I just buy this one and rent the rest?
Well IMO the first is the only film in the series worthy of being on blu. The rest of the films of the series keep on getting a little worse from the previous. So I'd say jump on the first film on blu and search out for the rest of the film on SD.
Old 06-19-09, 11:59 AM
  #41  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Update: BACK
Posts: 2,642
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by biglou114 View Post
Well IMO the first is the only film in the series worthy of being on blu. The rest of the films of the series keep on getting a little worse from the previous. So I'd say jump on the first film on blu and search out for the rest of the film on SD.
I've rented them all - the picture quality is a big improvement, but like biglou said, they get progressively worse as far as the films themselves go. I really only need the first two to be happy, but I'd be much more inclined to buy a full set if they came in normal Blu-ray cases...another gimmicky-packaged set. I'll buy the first one and hope the rest get individual releases later.
Old 06-19-09, 01:33 PM
  #42  
DVD Talk Legend
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 20,086
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

I'll grab Beetlejuice for $15.
Old 06-20-09, 12:39 PM
  #43  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 45,907
Received 521 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

is $24.99 for LOST (S4) the best price it has been thus far and is it likely to be $19.99 any time soon? i know Amazon price matched, but they say 1-3 weeks so would rather get in-store pickup when price drops Sunday.
Old 06-20-09, 03:28 PM
  #44  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

does true blood season 1 fall under the 50% discount?
Old 06-20-09, 06:37 PM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by miamiboy100 View Post
does true blood season 1 fall under the 50% discount?
You could just pricematch Target's ad for this week (ends Saturday night) with the price of $24.99.
Old 06-21-09, 12:20 AM
  #46  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 8,135
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
is $24.99 for LOST (S4) the best price it has been thus far and is it likely to be $19.99 any time soon? i know Amazon price matched, but they say 1-3 weeks so would rather get in-store pickup when price drops Sunday.
ABC shows rarely hit $20. Disney is nowhere near as aggressive with their TV on DVD prices as Fox and Universal are with theirs. I've seen Target hit $20 with Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives this year, but still, it's very rare.
Old 06-21-09, 12:45 AM
  #47  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 7,036
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

50% off TV sale:

Smallville S.1-7 - $21.49 each
Gossip Girl S.1 - $24.49
Seinfeld Complete Series - $99.99
Lost S.1-3 - $17.49 each (thanks ASAPadam)
Lost S.4 - $24.99

Last edited by dino88; 06-21-09 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-21-09, 12:49 AM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 353
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Lost S.1-3 are $17.49 each now.
Old 06-21-09, 12:59 AM
  #49  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
50% off TV sale:

Smallville S.1-7 - $21.49 each
Gossip Girl S.1 - $24.49
Seinfeld Complete Series - $99.99
Lost S.1-4 - $24.99 each
Here is the link to all discounted titles in that sale. Only 13 of them...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ries&nrp=15&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&_D%3Ap=+&pu=defaultusr&_D%3Apu=+&pt=1245560401&iht=n&_DARGS=%2Fsite%2Fen_US%2Fsearch%2Ffragments%2Fincludes%2Folssearchparameters.jsp.frmSearchResults

Last edited by kenbenobi; 06-21-09 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-21-09, 01:01 AM
  #50  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Ad - 6/21 - 6/27

Link to $9.99 and $14.99 blu-ray titles. There are a few more than what was pictured in the ad, but nothing too exciting (Space Cowboys, Body Heat, etc). I know the link looks screwed up, but it works. I tested it...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ries&nrp=15&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&_D%3Ap=+&pu=defaultusr&_D%3Apu=+&pt=1245560401&iht=n&_DARGS=%2Fsite%2Fen_US%2Fsearch%2Ffragments%2Fincludes%2Folssearchparameters.jsp.frmSearchResults

Last edited by kenbenobi; 06-21-09 at 01:04 AM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.