Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Secondspin 25% off all Used Dvds and CDs

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secondspin 25% off all Used Dvds and CDs

SS 25% sale is back on, but good luck on finding any good deals here. Their used prices are higher than ever. A year ago, Rome Season 1 used was 23, now it is 39. I wanted Ken Burns Baseball but they jacked the used price up to 95, and Star Trek sets are higher used than most places new.

I did find North and South collection for 33, and they have Gunsmoke season 1 for 19.99. Some decent prices on James Bond blu-ray. Good luck!
Old 06-12-09, 11:07 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Secondspin 25% off all Used Dvds and CDs

I'll wait for heynow, thanks.
Old 06-12-09, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Their used prices are higher than ever.
We must have VERY different wish-lists. Of the 71 DVDs on my wish-list that are currently available, 51 of them were on my want-list and available 6 months ago, and exactly 1 of them has seen an overall price-change compared to 6 months ago: a season set of the Simpsons has decreased by $4. All other price changes I have seen have been up or down only temporarily. I keep all the data in an Excel spreadsheet, and use Tim Tucker's GreaseMonkey scripts to make the wishlist easily copy-and-pasteable.

Of course, I can't compare for things that aren't currently available, or things I bought and removed from my list, or things I recently added to the list, etc.

I didn't save the data from over 6 months ago because I changed my wish-list quite a bit at that time, and the data was essentially useless. But I do remember discussion in one of the SecondSpin sale threads about Rome being a LOT lower at one point--I think it was even lower than $23, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Personally, I'm waiting for the elusive 30%-off sale. And of course I hope it comes after an extra-20%-credit promotion for trade-ins, but I don't really expect that...

Last edited by Cheato; 06-13-09 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-13-09, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Me too. Best deal for those living overseas.
Old 06-13-09, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dane
Me too. Best deal for those living overseas.
Correct. Long story short for overseas buyers is the 20% and free shipping is the better deal.
Old 06-13-09, 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=jeffbase34;9501367]SS 25% sale is back on, but good luck on finding any good deals here. Their used prices are higher than ever.

depends on what you are buying, I think I did ok. I bought 2 cult movies from the demented mind of matthew bright (guncrazy and modern vampires) along with the 2nd 5 disc volume of the animated series "defenders of the earth" (I had picked up volume 1 at ross awhile back and have been looking for a good deal on volume 2). $17.41 total inc. shipping for all!
Old 06-13-09, 10:13 AM

Yes, the prices have gone up on most of what I wanted, which is funny. Over the past year, the "new" prices of these sets has dropped, while the used prices on these same sets has gone up. For instance, Cincinnati reds collection was $23 a year ago, now it is like $41...Lame! Plus, most everything else I want they don't even seem to have.
Old 06-13-09, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I put an order in, what the hell some of these I have been searching for and I didn't want to spend too much on. At Newbury Comics they were selling an original Invasion of the Body Snatchers Used for $11.99 ? why is it so hard to get this title cheap?......heres what I picked up:

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (original)-Used DVD - Price: $6.74
Evil Dead [Special Edition Elite Version] - Used DVD - Price: $5.99
War of the Worlds [Special Collector's Edition] (original)- Used-Price:$5.39
X: The Man With the X-Ray Eyes [Widescreen]-Used DVD - Price: $5.24
Deranged/Motel Hell [Widescreen]-Used DVD - Price: $5.24

The thing is even with shipping and sales tax I was able to beat the price on every disc when compared to other retailers.
This is my third order with them over the last 3 months and I have been very happy with them . Some of the DVDs have never been open before even though they are supposed to be used.
Old 06-13-09, 03:40 PM

The interesting thing to note on pricing is that as of a few weeks ago, there don't appear to be any "clearance" items on secondspin.com or wherehouse.com. ("clearance" = items with cheaper prices ending in 7)

When there were clearance items, the lowest price-point for cds was $0.27 -- now the lowest is $0.89.
Old 06-16-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just noticed that Second Spin is selling Demon Knight for $16.19 and they have 9 copies of it .
I just bought this at Big Lots for $3 ....is this DVD OOP ?...why the high price i wonder?