DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Smallville season 7 blu ray 14.25 at Amazon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/556650-smallville-season-7-blu-ray-14-25-amazon.html)

NEUMANN 06-13-09 12:00 PM

Smallville season 7 blu ray 14.25 at Amazon

You have to click on the reseller link and pieceofmindmedia has it for 14.25 and it is fulfilled by amazon so it is elgible for free shipping on orders above 25 bucks,or if you do not want to order anything else to get to the 25 dollar mark you can get it from them for 11.49 plus 2.98 shipping which comes to 14.47 still a great deal.

In fact I think this deal is about as good as anything that amazon has offered all week in there big blu ray week promotion.

SPRBD 06-13-09 01:02 PM

Re: Smallville season 7 blu ray 14.25 at Amazon

In for 1. Thanks for the tip.

Drav3n 06-13-09 01:13 PM

ive had that reseller bookmarked for a long time and made ALOT of purchases through them. Some of the prices ive found on there are amazing.

NEUMANN 06-13-09 01:19 PM

Yes, I myself have bought a lot of stuff from these guys through amazon and sometimes scratch my head at how they can offer some of this stuff for so cheap

Drav3n 06-13-09 01:36 PM

my only complaint is how the prices change constantly. i had placed an order before and i remember the price for 21 on bluray was $13 and change, so i ordered it and somethin else.. a day later its down to $10. so i canceled my order and replaced it again haha

luckman65 06-13-09 02:11 PM

I bought Looney Tunes Vol 6 from them for $15. I think it's now like $11 or something.

thejester 06-13-09 02:12 PM

Don't know how the seller can do it, but their prices have been pretty good - from what I've bought from them in the past. Either thru Amazon, Half or eBay - sells thru all of them.

Half & eBay seem to be the same items - haven't taken time to compare to Amazon side - prices on those 2 are pretty similar (when considering Halfs' S&H charges).

Only down-side to him/her/them is that their prices vary from day-to-day(or week-2-week). I bought S7 from them in mid-May for $19 shipped @ Half. Now it's gone down $4-5.

Dependable & reliable seller tho'.

Marvin Dorfler 06-13-09 02:40 PM

Can you guys set up a LINK to this seller---I am not really familiar with buying from re-sellers on AMAZON. Thanks in advance!

-Dorfler

Pookymeister 06-13-09 03:39 PM

I see another seller with it New for $14.50 shipped - so seems like its one of those things you can get cheap from alot of resellers , kind of like Nip Tuck S4 on blu

Knives 06-13-09 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by thejester (Post 9503373)
Don't know how the seller can do it, but their prices have been pretty good - from what I've bought from them in the past. Either thru Amazon, Half or eBay - sells thru all of them.

Half & eBay seem to be the same items - haven't taken time to compare to Amazon side - prices on those 2 are pretty similar (when considering Halfs' S&H charges).

Only down-side to him/her/them is that their prices vary from day-to-day(or week-2-week). I bought S7 from them in mid-May for $19 shipped @ Half. Now it's gone down $4-5.

Dependable & reliable seller tho'.

I think he robs dvd wherehouses!

Trevor 06-13-09 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Knives (Post 9503508)

I hear he uses knives.

thejester 06-13-09 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Knives (Post 9503508)

Must be sending a semi thru Amazons' warehouse(s). From what I recall, everything I've gotten from them has come in an Amazon package - like straight from Amazon.

Isny 06-13-09 05:18 PM

It shows used and $18.14 currently.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

lovgun7 06-13-09 05:20 PM

ive ordered from them too and i can say they are great sellers ...

Trevor 06-13-09 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by thejester (Post 9503571)
Must be sending a semi thru Amazons' warehouse(s). From what I recall, everything I've gotten from them has come in an Amazon package - like straight from Amazon.

They and others sell thru Amazon, not just like you or I could, but actually using their warehouses and shipping.

Drav3n 06-13-09 05:34 PM

does anyone know of any other sellers that are fulfilled through amazon and qualify for the free shipping when spending $25+ ?

That'sAllFolks 06-13-09 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n (Post 9503599)
does anyone know of any other sellers that are fulfilled through amazon and qualify for the free shipping when spending $25+ ?

just buy it from newbury comies for 11.88 + shipping.

Chip718 06-13-09 06:23 PM

Last month I bought 3 Blus from pieceofmindmedia that was fulfilled by Amazon and they were ALL rewrapped used items.

TGM 06-13-09 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 9503601)
just buy it from newbury comies for 11.88 + shipping.

thats what I just did

Drav3n 06-13-09 06:35 PM

i dont mean for just smallville, but for blurays in general.

Chip718 06-13-09 06:35 PM

Me too.

Nugent 06-13-09 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chip718 (Post 9503642)
Last month I bought 3 Blus from pieceofmindmedia that was fulfilled by Amazon and they were ALL rewrapped used items.

Ditto! I bought a Blu-ray from them recently that was listed as "New" and it was clearly rewrapped as well. Sent them a e-mail about it but it was ignored. If you check their feedback via eBay/half.com they have a history of doing that.

This order was placed through Half.com so it came directly from them and not from Amazon's warehouses.

DeepSleep 06-13-09 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nugent (Post 9503702)
Ditto! I bought a Blu-ray from them recently that was listed as "New" and it was clearly rewrapped as well. Sent them a e-mail about it but it was ignored. If you check their feedback via eBay/half.com they have a history of doing that.

This order was placed through Half.com so it came directly from them and not from Amazon's warehouses.

At $14.25 for Smallville season 7, it is probably re-wrapped. The MSRP is $79.98. I highly doubt that the wholesale price is below $14.25.

My guess is that they cull through all their used copies and find the ones that look good enough to be called new and they sell them as "new".

Many buyers would not notice and they will be happy. A few will figure out that they are used discs (in excellent condition) packaged in the best looking package with the least amount of wear and rewrapped.

If you go through their feedback, it is sprinkled with buyers who feel they were shipped rewrapped merchandise that they purchased as "new".

I think YMMV on this type of purchase.

NEUMANN 06-13-09 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by DeepSleep (Post 9503763)
At $14.25 for Smallville season 7, it is probably re-wrapped. The MSRP is $79.98. I highly doubt that the wholesale price is below $14.25.

My guess is that they cull through all their used copies and find the ones that look good enough to be called new and they sell them as "new".

Many buyers would not notice and they will be happy. A few will figure out that they are used discs (in excellent condition) packaged in the best looking package with the least amount of wear and rewrapped.

If you go through their feedback, it is sprinkled with buyers who feel they were shipped rewrapped merchandise that they purchased as "new".

I think YMMV on this type of purchase.

That is a bold statement to say that bigtime sellers like pieceofmindmedia and newbury comics who do thousands of transactions through Amazon every month are more or less bald face liars,I have delt with each company many times and have been more than satisfied with there service and products.

You will always get whiners when you do the volume of buisiness that these companies do and I think you are just throwing this accusation out there for the hell of it with no real substantial proof that this is really going on. And as far as being rewrapped,hell i have bought stuff from best buy that looked rewrapped,it means nothing

Nugent 06-13-09 09:13 PM

Uhhhm, I don't find it to be a "bold statement" at all. I will go on record as calling them balled face liars, as you call it, if selling used Blu-rays as new is what you are referring to. It happened to me and I doubt seriously others are just making it up as well. There are two of us just in this thread that have received re shrinkwrapped items.

I will give that they do a really nice job of doing it and the average consumer would be none the wiser. The Blu-ray I recieved even had a generic security sticker on the top of the case. Under that along the front of the case was reminants of the original.

Originally Posted by NEUMANN (Post 9503816)
That is a bold statement to say that bigtime sellers like pieceofmindmedia and newbury comics who do thousands of transactions through Amazon every month are more or less bald face liars,I have delt with each company many times and have been more than satisfied with there service and products.

You will always get whiners when you do the volume of buisiness that these companies do and I think you are just throwing this accusation out there for the hell of it with no real substantial proof that this is really going on

NEUMANN 06-13-09 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nugent (Post 9503830)
Uhhhm, I don't find it to be a "bold statement" at all. I will go on record as calling them balled face liars, as you call it, if selling used Blu-rays as new is what you are referring to. It happened to me and I doubt seriously others are just making it up as well. There are two of us just in this thread that have received re shrinkwrapped items.

I will give that they do a really nice job of doing it and the average consumer would be none the wiser. The Blu-ray I recieved even had a generic security sticker on the top of the case. Under that along the front of the case was reminants of the original.

This is not some guy running an operation from his moms basement,they do over a 1000 transactions a day on various websites,you think that they have an assembly line of workers sorting through used dvds and blu rays and if they are scratch free they put a security seal on them and re shrinkwrap them,give me a break.A little to much conspiracy theory going on here

This company has great feedback from amazon,half com and ebay and most the posters in this thread that have dealt with them.They do sell used dvd and blu rays but they tell you they are used,the company deals in a lot of overstock items,they get a couple cases of blu rays or hd dvds in and then blow them out,no big mystery

I recommend them to anyone reading this thread.

abintra 06-13-09 10:51 PM

I don't believe there is widespread reshrinkwrapping amongst sellers but I also don't believe it is an entirely rare occurence of retailers receiving reshrinkwrapped stock, either directly from their suppliers and/or on site. Not to pass off used/previously viewed copies as new but remaindered stock.

Some titles that show up from some of the closeout type resellers are reshrinkwrapped or done so via a method other than direct from the original manufacturer (Big Lots, online only retailers titles that contain no security labels, closeout titles that show up at places like the dollar stores, grocery chains, some of the HD DVD stock that has been closed out, etc.).

Based on my own personal experience, I don't believe it is unheard of for a seller to receive reshrinkwrapped new titles that once contained a floater once reseating it (including some of the large Amazon resellers, and Amazon itself, as I've received some shrinkwrapped items that had one disc that appeared to have marks caused by being a floater, rather than used, with a fingerprint or two on the inside).

DVD Polizei 06-13-09 10:53 PM

But they still shouldn't mark their product as NEW. New is when the product has been unsealed from the point it leaves the original manufacturing facility. Why don't they simply mark it used? Seems like they want to try and fib a little, just to get those unsuspecting consumers who think these really are NEW. I don't care if the discs are immaculate, the point is, the package was opened and once it is opened...it is now USED. It's up to the seller to explain that while it is technically used, the discs are immaculate and are exactly like a new package, only the package has been opened for whatever reason.

DeepDiscount avoids this issue by purchasing from 3rd parties who shrinkwrap used DVDs and then sell them to DeepDiscount for new. We've had a few posters on this forum who received used DVDs which were sold as new. Of course, DeepDiscount can easily say they didn't know because they are simply ordering from a 3rd party seller.

kahuna 06-13-09 11:03 PM

I have brought from Newbury Comics and pieceofmindmedia from Amazon.com Marketplace and always been happy with what blu-ray movie I have purchased from them. Especially from Newbury Comics, the blu-ray movies have always been in immaculate shape. When they say it New it's been factored sealed. Anything shipped to me by Newbury Comics gets to me in about 3-4 days after I order the blu-ray movie.

I have stopped buying from pieceofmindmedia only because it takes over 3 weeks for the blu-ray movies to get to me. Yes they do ship media mail as they should but for some reason they always take over 3 weeks. When buying from other sellers it does not take that long when they ship media mail.

Nugent 06-13-09 11:31 PM

So now anyone not buying into the fact that this place is the end all be all is a liar?

You seem to be taking this way to personal. Nobody questioned how many transactions a day they do. Who cares. That has nothing to do with the fact that I have received a clearly re-shrinkwrapped Blu-ray from them.

You believe whatever you need. Unless you work there you have no idea what they do or do not do as far as re-packaging used goods and selling them as new.

Just don't call anyone a liar or a conspiracy theory nut that disagrees with you.

Originally Posted by NEUMANN (Post 9503897)
This is not some guy running an operation from his moms basement,they do over a 1000 transactions a day on various websites,you think that they have an assembly line of workers sorting through used dvds and blu rays and if they are scratch free they put a security seal on them and re shrinkwrap them,give me a break.A little to much conspiracy theory going on here

This company has great feedback from amazon,half com and ebay and most the posters in this thread that have dealt with them.They do sell used dvd and blu rays but they tell you they are used,the company deals in a lot of overstock items,they get a couple cases of blu rays or hd dvds in and then blow them out,no big mystery

The Valeyard 06-14-09 12:38 AM

I have gotten many a great deal from Newbury Comics and highly recommend them.

And you're all liars and part of the conspiracy if you don't believe me!

Moopher 06-14-09 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by NEUMANN (Post 9503897)

I'll tell you right now, my Nip/Tuck Season 4 BD was in fantastic shape. However when I opened it, there were fat fucking fingerprints on three discs. How could there be fingerprints on a BD that was new? Maybe because there are some less-than-legit practices going on there.

Xiroteus 06-14-09 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Moopher (Post 9504027)
I'll tell you right now, my Nip/Tuck Season 4 BD was in fantastic shape. However when I opened it, there were fat fucking fingerprints on three discs. How could there be fingerprints on a BD that was new? Maybe because there are some less-than-legit practices going on there.

Oddly I found that twice on brand new DVD's I thought that was VERY odd. (One was from Target)

TheBigDave 06-14-09 07:28 AM

I ordered this set from them about 10 days ago. They've been selling it cheap for a while. There's a bunch of sellers with new copies under $20.

The one I received is definitely NEW. It's in the original shrinkwrap with Sony and CW stickers and it's got the security sticker on top.

They sell both NEW and LIKE NEW items. It's possible that either, the buyer accidentally ordered the LIKE NEW item, or they accidentally shipped the LIKE NEW item instead of the NEW item. I know that every time I've ordered a NEW item from them, I received a NEW item.

Trevor 06-14-09 07:53 AM

I've used these sellers a few times, and have always received new shrink wrapped products.

I'd guess that these complaints are just the normal number of errors in a big operation, and that the companies would correct them if you asked.

Chip718 06-14-09 09:13 AM

I purchased 3 copies of Nip/Tuck S4 on BD from pieceofmindmedia that was fulfilled by Amazon. When I received them they turned out to be used. I wrote Amazon and told them they were not new, but rewrapped. Amazon apologized and instantly credited my card back without having to wait to return the 3 blu-ray. They also told me to go ahead a place the same order through them and write them back with the order number so they can credit me the difference. So I did managed to get them new for the low price.SO, if you ordered from them and got used stuff try writing to Amazon and see if they will do for you what they did for me.

So, now I stuck with 2 new copies of Nip/Tuck Season 4 on BD. Anyone interested?

kenbenobi 06-14-09 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Chip718 (Post 9504218)
I purchased 3 copies of Nip/Tuck S4 on BD from pieceofmindmedia that was fulfilled by Amazon.
So, now I stuck with 2 new copies of Nip/Tuck Season 4 on BD. Anyone interested?

Stick with?!?!?!?! You ordered 3 copies! Why order 3 if you didn't need 3?

DVD Polizei 06-14-09 10:06 AM

Why buy just one when you can buy THREE! :up:

In any case, I came here thinking there were 7 BDs for $14.25 on Amazon. I'm up too early. :D

Chip718 06-14-09 10:26 AM

At the price I though they would make good gifts. It turns out that my sisters boyfried doesnt has a 360 not a PS3 and my nephew is way to young for that kind of content.

TGM 06-14-09 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Chip718 (Post 9504306)
At the price I though they would make good gifts. It turns out that my sisters boyfried doesnt has a 360 not a PS3 and my nephew is way to young for that kind of content.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...lson_ha_ha.jpg