Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Old 06-07-09, 11:47 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 758
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

A Sony Manufacturer's Coupon page was included with the Sunday Morning LA Times newspaper. For those in the Los Angeles area, pick one up. I cant see a reason why this would be an LA Times exclusive, so I would advise everyone else to consult their local newspapers.

Anyway, there are 14 coupons with instant savings, each good from June 7through July 7, 2009. They are as follows.

* Save $3 on Paul Blart: Mall Cop on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $5 on any complete season of the King of Queens on DVD
* Save $3 on any Three Stooges Chronological Volume on DVD
* Save $3 on Fireproof or Not Easily Broken on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $5 on any season of the Shield or Breaking Bad on DVD
* Save $3 on the International on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $3 on Open Season 2 on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $3 on one of the following on DVD or Blu-Ray - Bad Boys, Ghost Rider, Black Hawk Down, XXX: State of the Union, Rocky Balboa

Note: Bad Boys is not available on Blu-Ray

* Save $5 on the Da Vinci Code on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $10 on the Jack Lemmon Film Collection on DVD
* Save $3 on Underworld - Rise of the Lycans on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $10 on the Underworld Trilogy on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $5 on Ghostbusters or Dr. Strangelove on Blu-Ray
* Save $10 on the Norman Lear Collection on DVD

FYI, Frys is currently running an ad where the Underworld Trilogy BD is on sale for 34.99. I am going to try and use the coupon this morning and see if I can score it for 24.99 (I dont see why it wont happen).
Old 06-07-09, 11:57 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 5,199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

The King of Queens Seasons 1, 2, 8 and 9 are available at Wal-Mart for $14.95 each so they would be $9.95 after the $5 coupon.

Also, The Shield Seasons 1-6 are $19.99 each this week at Best Buy, so they would be $14.95 each after the $5 coupon.
Old 06-07-09, 12:15 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Woo-hoo,

(these are in the Minneapolis Star Tribune as well, so would expect inserted in other cities)

I'm assuming that makes Ghost Rider, Rocky Balboa, or Black Hawk Down, then just $0.99ea after coupon at Best Buy- a steal if you don't already have!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....s&nrp=34&iht=n
Old 06-07-09, 12:43 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
CardiffGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 755
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

For those from the DC area, it's also in the Washington Post.
Old 06-07-09, 12:48 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 473
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT View Post
A Sony Manufacturer's Coupon page was included with the Sunday Morning LA Times newspaper. For those in the Los Angeles area, pick one up. I cant see a reason why this would be an LA Times exclusive, so I would advise everyone else to consult their local newspapers.

Anyway, there are 14 coupons with instant savings, each good from June 7through July 7, 2009. They are as follows.

* Save $3 on Paul Blart: Mall Cop on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $5 on any complete season of the King of Queens on DVD
* Save $3 on any Three Stooges Chronological Volume on DVD
* Save $3 on Fireproof or Not Easily Broken on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $5 on any season of the Shield or Breaking Bad on DVD
* Save $3 on the International on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $3 on Open Season 2 on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $3 on one of the following on DVD or Blu-Ray - Bad Boys, Ghost Rider, Black Hawk Down, XXX: State of the Union, Rocky Balboa

Note: Bad Boys is not available on Blu-Ray

* Save $5 on the Da Vinci Code on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $10 on the Jack Lemmon Film Collection on DVD
* Save $3 on Underworld - Rise of the Lycans on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $10 on the Underworld Trilogy on DVD or Blu-Ray
* Save $5 on Ghostbusters or Dr. Strangelove on Blu-Ray
* Save $10 on the Norman Lear Collection on DVD

FYI, Frys is currently running an ad where the Underworld Trilogy BD is on sale for 34.99. I am going to try and use the coupon this morning and see if I can score it for 24.99 (I dont see why it wont happen).
In AZ, I think the Underworld trilogy sale was one day only - June 6th.
Old 06-07-09, 03:42 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
BSTNFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NW of Boston
Posts: 1,207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Boston Globe has it as well.
Old 06-07-09, 03:54 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Found them in the Chicago Tribune too.
Old 06-07-09, 05:17 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 274
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

What's a newspaper?
Old 06-07-09, 10:50 PM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

they were in the Atlanta Journal Constitution as well
Old 06-07-09, 10:51 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 641
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Any NYC newspapers have em?

I got the daily news but there wasnt anything.

Would love the $5 off for the Ghostbusters and Strangelove. Would make Ghostbusters only $10 if combined with the other coupon.
Old 06-07-09, 10:52 PM
  #11  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,215
Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

on another forum people have said you can use the code SONYPIC5 at amazon for five off ghostbusters blu or dr strangelove blu. It is related to this sony promotion. SONYPIC3 works on Paul Blart.

Last edited by g; 06-07-09 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-07-09, 10:55 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 641
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Originally Posted by g View Post
on another forum people have said you can use the code SONYPIC5 at amazon for five off ghostbusters blu or dr strangelove blu. It is related to this sony promotion.
Thanks for that! Looks like its working, but I do have reward zone points and a giftcard to use up at BB.
Old 06-08-09, 01:01 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Frisco,TX.
Posts: 570
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Originally Posted by g View Post
on another forum people have said you can use the code SONYPIC5 at amazon for five off ghostbusters blu or dr strangelove blu. It is related to this sony promotion. SONYPIC3 works on Paul Blart.
If you get both GB & DSL at the same time it will give you $10 off total using SONYPIC5.
Subtotal of Items: $42.48
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Super Saver Discount: -$3.97
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
------
Total for this Order: $32.48


Shipping estimate for these items: June 22, 2009 1 "Ghostbusters [Blu-ray]"
Bill Murray; Blu-ray; $19.99

Sold by: Amazon.com,
1 "Dr. Strangelove [Blu-ray]"
Peter Sellers; Blu-ray; $22.49
Old 06-08-09, 02:24 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,215
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

SONYPIC5 works on davinci Blu-ray on amazon, my guess is it works on most of these (variation of pic3, pic5, etc)

Edit: Where exactly are you guys finding this in your papers? Like the classified, where the sunday ads are, opinion, etc?

Last edited by pridesticks06; 06-08-09 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 02:48 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Posts: 1,856
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Got the page from the LA Times, but I don't need any of them... Anyone want them? PM me.

EDIT: Taken!

Last edited by JP5683; 06-08-09 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 02:56 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 2,854
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Originally Posted by pridesticks06 View Post
SONYPIC5 works on davinci Blu-ray on amazon, my guess is it works on most of these (variation of pic3, pic5, etc)

Edit: Where exactly are you guys finding this in your papers? Like the classified, where the sunday ads are, opinion, etc?
fsi (free standing insert) - its a color print on glossy stock.
Old 06-08-09, 02:23 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,303
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Anyone figure out how to get the $10 off at amazon? I tried SONYPIC10 but nothing.
Old 06-08-09, 02:50 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,378
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Originally Posted by thematahara View Post
Anyone figure out how to get the $10 off at amazon? I tried SONYPIC10 but nothing.
SONYPIC5

When you have both Ghostbusters and Dr. Strangelove blu rays in your cart. Per the above post. It takes $10 not $5 off. I tried it and it worked. Thanks vman69
for the heads up.
Old 06-08-09, 03:11 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,433
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Do any of the coupon codes work for The Sheild dvd?
Old 06-08-09, 03:33 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,303
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
SONYPIC5

When you have both Ghostbusters and Dr. Strangelove blu rays in your cart. Per the above post. It takes $10 not $5 off. I tried it and it worked. Thanks vman69
for the heads up.

I was trying to get the $10 off the Underworld Trilogy, havent found a way it wil take it.
Old 06-08-09, 04:42 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,378
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Originally Posted by mifuneral View Post
Do any of the coupon codes work for The Sheild dvd?
SONYPIC5

I tested it on Season 7 and it took $5 off. I am guessing the code works for any of the $5 off coupons in the ad. Not sure if like the Ghostbusters/Dr Strangelove situation that it will take $5 off all items that have a $5 coupon.

Items: $36.99
Shipping & Handling: $2.98
Super Saver Discount: -$2.98
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00

Total Before Tax: $31.99

Last edited by Classic Films; 06-08-09 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-08-09, 04:58 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,375
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Cool! Used SONYPIC3 to pre-order The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 6: 1949-1951 for $14.49. I'm hoping they'll drop the price a little as it gets closer to street date (6/16), so maybe it will be even less
Old 06-08-09, 04:58 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 37,155
Received 904 Likes on 709 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Any luck with Underworld at Fry's? It also said it was a one day, Sat only deal in the LA ad, but who knows? Also, the coupon specifically says not valid with any other offer...
Old 06-09-09, 12:49 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

Here's the PDF

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...ay_Coupons.pdf

For those who haven't ordered Ghostbusters using SONYPIC5, it also stacks with GHOSTBLU total saving of $10.
Old 06-09-09, 01:05 AM
  #25  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,215
Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Sony Manufacturer's Coupon Page w/ LA Times 6/7/09

thanks. Im glad that I waited to order

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.