Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '09

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '09

Old 06-24-09, 12:13 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 555 Likes on 487 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '09

Originally Posted by Tap
The master list of anime in post 4 of the Big Lots thread hasn't been updated lately, but post 160 on page 7 should have most of the recent finds. (I'd post a link, but I'm still shy of the 30 post min.) It's been a couple weeks though, so stocks are pretty picked over. All four volumes of Flag, lots of Gundam Seed Destiny, a few Eureka 7, several OVAs, etc.
Thanks. Though most titles from that post are on the table already. In any case I will fill in the odds and ends volumes later tonight.
Old 06-24-09, 12:13 PM
WTK

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '09

TRSI Minor Bargain Bin Restock (Limited Quantity)
Old 06-24-09, 07:00 PM
Banned

Received 377 Likes on 296 Posts

Is the Vandread Double Pack 1/2 and 3/4 the whole series?
Old 06-24-09, 07:04 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Eric F
From the Geneon releases, the first season of Vandread had 4 singles and second season had 4 singles.
Old 06-24-09, 07:05 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
Not really. You'll need Vandread: Second Stage to finish the story. Vandread is only the first half and does not stand on its own: Second Stage is the second half. You'll need to buy both to really get the whole thing.
Old 06-24-09, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 377 Likes on 296 Posts

Ah, ok. I'll just pick up the new Funi Vandread release during the DD 20% sale next month for ~$20.
Old 06-24-09, 09:36 PM
WTK

RightStuf.com Heads Up: Naruto & Death Note Weekly Specials
Posted on: Wednesday, June 24, 2009

PSST! If you're planning to purchase the Naruto Uncut DVD Box Sets or the Death Note DVDs and DVD box sets currently listed in our weekly specials, be sure to get those orders in before 11:59 p.m. CDT tonight (6/24)! They're not likely to stay on special for very much longer.
Old 06-25-09, 10:23 AM
WTK

Fill Your Bag With Bargains! @ RightStuf.com

Fill your bag with bargains on selected box sets and DVDs from FUNimation and Geneon… and we may even provide you with the bag!*

From now through July 6, take 40% OFF the selected FUNimation and Geneon box sets and DVDs listed below.

* PLUS: Purchase at least two of the selected items, we’ll ship your purchase to you inside a FREE Hellsing Ultimate messenger bag, valued at $39.98. (While supplies last! Quantities of the bags are limited, and please note that multiple quantities of the same item will not count toward the two-item requirement for the free bag.)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: bargainbag
Expires: July 6, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

OR if you just want the discount on the DVDs and box sets, use the following reusable code:

Coupon Code: boxpromo
Expires: July 6, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on selected box sets and DVDs from FUNimation & Geneon. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

** Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Fill Your Bag With Bargains” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all the items that are eligible for this coupon!

(Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

Main Graphic: Hellsing Ultimate Kouta Hirano/Shonen Gahousha Co., LTD/Wild Geese

Last edited by WTK; 06-25-09 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-25-09, 06:27 PM
WTK

TRSI Minor Bargain Bin Update...
Old 06-25-09, 09:23 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

RightStuf.com Mega Update
Weekly Specials
Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
Closeout Items
Movie Packs
Shawne's Deal of the Day

Highlights - 2-Week Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays)

Last edited by WTK; 06-26-09 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-29-09, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really is too bad I wasn't born American. The TRS deals are real steals, but because I'm in the UK it doesn't work out quite so well. The shipping costs and current value of the pound, as well as TRS requiring Euro buyers to scan their CC AND a utility bill scan has put me off using them. Reading this thread depresses me more than anything...

For imports, there aren't many good options. I use DVD Pacific from time to time, though their shipping costs do randomly ruin their excellent prices. I also use PlayUSA because, at complete random, they mix in some great prices (from a UK perspective) and ship under 18 goods from within the UK. But that's it on the new DVD front...

There are two things I'd like to point out:

1: SS currently list all four Arjuna volumes for cheap (with 20% off + free shipping). I'm not sure how high the prices rank in American minds, but I do know the Arjuna box sets are both OOP. On eBay.co.uk, a few volumes went for quite a bit recently, the series not being out in the UK.

2: Phoenix. An Anime Works title no-one knows about. The box set goes for next to nothing and the DVDs are packaged in hardback, book-like cases - unique. I'm sure the prices are the same everywhere, but the set is well worth the money. I think of it as the anti-moe series.

...I can't post URLs because II don't have the posts required. Stupid forum rule. :/
Old 06-29-09, 11:47 PM
WTK

Save up to 59% on Naruto Uncut Boxed Sets @ Amazon.com | Expires: 7/6/09
Old 06-30-09, 11:38 PM
WTK

Save Up to ~50% on Select Anime Titles @ Amazon.com | Expires 7/27/09

<HR>

New thread: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - July '09 is now up...

Last edited by WTK; 07-01-09 at 12:18 AM.