DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Big Lots Part 4

Originally Posted by b2net
the complete series for $53.99? If so, then that is actually better than all 10 @ $6 each....
No, individual seasons for $53.99...
Old 07-13-09, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped by one of the local Big Lots today to check out the TV DVD sets, and they were putting out a massive stock of Warner Bros./New Line titles. I picked up the following:

Mother Night
An Affair of Love (Foreign)
The Hidden
Blade 2
Overnight Delivery
Man's Best Friend
Body Shots
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1
The Matrix Revolutions (I'm ashamed)
Theodore Rex (I'm really ashamed, Whoopi Goldberg and a talking dinosaur)
State and Main

Some of these were great finds, like Mother Night, The Hidden and An Affair of Love, which are quite expensive online. Some other titles I saw but didn't pick up include:

The Matrix
Wedding Crashers
The Grass Harp
Secondhand Lions
Surviving the Game
Dangerous Ground
Turn It Up
Happy Campers
House Party 2 & 3
Talkin' Dirty After Dark
BAPS
Suburban Commando
Surf Ninjas
Monster-In-Law
Aces: Iron Eagle 3
The Day My Parents Ran Away
Blink
The Mask
Safe Passage
Corrina, Corrina
Bullet
The Stupids
Money Talks
Austin Powers in Goldmember
Most Wanted
The Corruptor
Price of Glory
Highway
Highwaymen
Willard
Vera Drake
A Dirty Shame (Neuter Version)
After the Sunset
The Upside of Anger
The Bridge of San Luis Rey
The Sleeping Dictionary
Ripley's Game
The Anniversary Party
The Invisible Circus
Tumbleweeds
Roseanna's Grave
Kansas City
Shine
Amongst Friends
The Player
Unconditional Love
Raise Your Voice

And probably a few others. I also found a copy of "Knocked Up," I hadn't seen that mentioned here either.
Old 07-13-09, 09:51 PM

The Big Lots here finally added something today to the TV season display........an "as advertised" sign.
Old 07-13-09, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
The Big Lots here finally added something today to the TV season display........an "as advertised" sign.
Same here, all the stores I visited today had the "As Advertised" sign up, but really nothing new was added. I guess I was lucky to get everything I really wanted. Now if they would just bring out some new titles from the backroom...
Old 07-13-09, 10:48 PM

If I could just find the Dallas sets, I would be content. Everything else would be gravy!
Old 07-13-09, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
I don't recall any SuperBowl sets at Lemay Ferry, but the Kingshwy store had multiple copies. Lemay Ferry did have the Lakers set, though. All 3 stores had Joey and I didn't see any Friends sets at any of the stores.
thank you much for the update.
Old 07-13-09, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still looking for the Smallville Blus and WW complete set... Fearing I'm never gonna find them... Have scored alot of nice other sets though
Old 07-14-09, 01:09 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by lewisb73
Still looking for the Smallville Blus and WW complete set... Fearing I'm never gonna find them... Have scored alot of nice other sets though
Has the Complete West Wing Set been spotted?? That would be a huge get.
Old 07-14-09, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by drfunky17
Has the Complete West Wing Set been spotted?? That would be a huge get.
Wonder Woman rather than West Wing.

My mind wanted it to be The West Wing also.
Old 07-14-09, 03:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Thank you. I had owned the Wonder Woman seasons for years as a big fan so I did not really need it. Enjoy the set. The local stores do not seem to have gotten in the History of Rock 'N' Roll set as I have yet to see it.
When I picked up that (HoRnR) set, this store (Woodbridge) had probably 15 copies (maybe 2-3 weeks ago).
Old 07-14-09, 06:19 AM

yeah, the store i picked it up (history of rocknroll) had a bunch of them, but i did get there right as they were putting them out, i think they're all gone now.
Old 07-14-09, 07:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FilmJunkie29
Some of these were great finds, like Mother Night, The Hidden and An Affair of Love, which are quite expensive online.
While the extensive list of titles found is quite helpful (I also found Cat People...the kinky Kinski version), it's good to check out online prices before picking up anything that's not for your personal collection.

For instance, a quick check on half.com uncovered new, sealed copies of both Mother Night & The Hidden for
Old 07-14-09, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by strangetramp
yeah, the store i picked it up (history of rocknroll) had a bunch of them, but i did get there right as they were putting them out, i think they're all gone now.
My local store had lots, but quite a few had floaters.
Old 07-14-09, 10:04 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by abintra
Wonder Woman rather than West Wing.

My mind wanted it to be The West Wing also.
Heh. When I saw someone write P&TB, my mind went to "Penn & Teller's Bullshit" rather than what was actually meant: "Pinky & The Brain."
Old 07-14-09, 10:40 AM
Cool New Member

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. I've been to three different stores in the last few days. I managed to score the second volumes of Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs plus the Scooby-Doo Movies and The History of Rock and Roll.

The Charlotte, NC store was really picked over yesterday, there were a few Super Bowl sets left though.
Old 07-14-09, 11:12 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I got a new email from Big Lots with their "new" weekly ads, this one saying specials beginning Wednesday, July 15 - and it pictures the $6 tv stuff. So a chance they're still withholding some stock for Wednesday? Hope so.
Old 07-14-09, 03:07 PM

Anyone in the Sacramento area see an abundance of BLADE: THE COMPLETE SERIES at a particular store?
Old 07-14-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

I saw a few copies of BLADE at the Fair Oaks Blvd store- anybody seen the complete Wonder Woman or vols 1 and 2 by themselves?
Old 07-14-09, 05:33 PM

Just came back from my local Big Lots here in Shelby, NC. No new movies but they finally got in some TV sets. I saw Nip/Tuck BD, ER, West Wing, Dallas, Friends, Joey, Night Court, Drew Carey Show, SuperFriends, Dukes Of Hazard and SuperBowl sets.

Good hunting everyone!!
Old 07-14-09, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Went to the Granada Hills, CA store yesterday and bought only WAIT 'TIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME and Hammer's THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN from Columbia. Otherwise, they had mostly:

Old 07-14-09, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I got a new email from Big Lots with their "new" weekly ads, this one saying specials beginning Wednesday, July 15 - and it pictures the $6 tv stuff. So a chance they're still withholding some stock for Wednesday? Hope so.
If they've already put the stock out it's possible, but doubtful.

The weekly ad for the store here gets put in the Wednesday paper but they put the stock on the floor the previous Saturday night! The reasoning (I asked) is they are in the same region as a nearby metropolitan area and have been told to put stock out for Sunday (the day the metro ad starts) even though their ad comes out 3 days later. I had wondered why I would get to the store an hour or so after opening on the start of the sale day only to miss out on great deals. I now look for the ad online (using the metro area as a base) and visit the store on Saturday evening/early Sunday for ad items.

This time, they put *some* stock out (5-6 titles) on Wednesday *before* the Sunday sale start and then added 20+ titles on the Saturday before the Sunday sale start. I really wasn't expecting additional titles but went mid-afternoon Saturday only to hit a minor motherload.
Old 07-14-09, 05:50 PM
vgc

In Kansas City 2 stores finally put out some good stock. There were seasons of ER, Dallas, Dukes Hazzard, 6 Feet Under, History of Rock n Roll, Nip and Tuck, and many others. Two of the other stores I visited had not added any stock.

Thanks, for all the helpful posts.
Old 07-14-09, 05:51 PM

I have checked 5 BLs and have yet so see any Full House, ER, Dallas, Drew Carey, Smallvile S6 Blu ray, blade or friends. I did find Nip Tuck and Smallvile S7 BD as well as the WW complete series.
Old 07-14-09, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I found several copies of Dallas S1/S2. The odd thing was they were in individual keepcases, wrapped with packing tape, then shrinkwrapped by Big Lots.

They had one copy of Season 7 and they were packed with slimline cases in a standard slip.

Is Big Lots tampering with this stuff?
Old 07-14-09, 08:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I found several copies of Dallas S1/S2. The odd thing was they were in individual keepcases, wrapped with packing tape, then shrinkwrapped by Big Lots.

They had one copy of Season 7 and they were packed with slimline cases in a standard slip.

Is Big Lots tampering with this stuff?
Today I saw the Dallas packaging you mentioned. but I've also seen it in a regualr box package that was half the size of the one that was obviously individual keepcases. I visited the store in Tallahassee, FL and was disappointed as they also had Slim Pickens. I did manage to pick up Animaniacs vol 1, but no Six Feet Under or Smallville BD. They had a few Dallas, Some ER, Dukes Of Hazzard but not much else. I hope that BL reload this week or that this will be a trend that continues. GL all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.