DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/554306-official-anime-bargains-thread-%5Bupdated-daily-close-%5D-may-09-a.html)

Eric F 05-27-09 04:18 PM

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Originally Posted by WTK (Post 9467948)
There are a couple other sales ongoing for June. I was say that the sale is probably not going to happen in June.

They have done that but that hasn't stopped them before from having the 25% sale.

WTK 05-27-09 04:38 PM

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Voltron Markdowns @ DeepDiscount.com...expires 6/1/09

Tenkyoken 05-27-09 10:17 PM

I asked this over at AoD, but no one really had a great or conclusive answer, so I'll take a stab at it here. Which of the Gundam Wing Endless Waltz versions is best? Right now, I think I'm going to get the Anime Classics version from DeepDiscount, but anyone with a really definitive answer would be greatly appreciated here an at AoD.

WTK 05-28-09 07:12 PM

TRSI Minor Bargain Bin Update...

WTK 05-28-09 07:40 PM

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Shawne's Deal of the Day

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays)

SteelyMag 05-29-09 02:01 AM

I got a shipping confirmation from TRSI for Baccano vol. 4 today. I'm super pumped! That wasn't supposed to ship until June 16th. I wonder why they got it done so early?

I just wish Media Blasters would do the same and speed up Moribito!

WTK 05-29-09 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by SteelyMag (Post 9472421)
I got a shipping confirmation from TRSI for Baccano vol. 4 today. I'm super pumped! That wasn't supposed to ship until June 16th. I wonder why they got it done so early?

I just wish Media Blasters would do the same and speed up Moribito!

That's rather normal for TRSI to do. They tend to do that for ADV, Banda (on occasion), and FUNimation.

Chris S 05-29-09 09:46 AM

Anyone seen any good deals on Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Volume 4 (due out 6/2)? I haven't paid over $19 for any of the previous volumes and I'm hoping not to have to start now.

WTK 05-29-09 08:13 PM

Quick mentioning (TRSI)...

WTK 05-29-09 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S (Post 9472736)
Anyone seen any good deals on Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Volume 4 (due out 6/2)? I haven't paid over $19 for any of the previous volumes and I'm hoping not to have to start now.

There probably won't be deals on this until the the sale starts at a DD (whenever that will be).

hiamiyumi 05-29-09 10:59 PM

Just checked out my local Suncoast today and they have a lot of Funi,Geneon single dvd on sale for $9.99/each.

some highlight:

Karin vol.1-6
Rosen Maiden Traumend Vol.3

also, the The Last Exile - The Complete Series Boxed Set (Vol 1-7) with Figure(the Geneon one) is on sale for $49.99(Mfr: $109.99) You can use 25% off coupon to get it below $35.

Sweet Baby James 05-30-09 09:25 AM

Amazon has the incorrect list price($19.98) for the upcoming repackaged Cromartie High School-Complete Collection. They have it up for pre-order at just $14.99-

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Colle...3693099&sr=1-9

DVDmaniac14 05-30-09 09:41 AM

what IS the correct pricing on that cromartie high school CC? (jus so i know how much i'm saving ordering it :-D)

WTK 05-30-09 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 9474642)
Amazon has the incorrect list price($19.98) for the upcoming repackaged Cromartie High School-Complete Collection. They have it up for pre-order at just $14.99-

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Colle...3693099&sr=1-9

FYI, this is not officially by any other main anime retailer including TRSI. The following is what has been listed a couple weeks ago. The Gantz listing as since then been scrapped. It remains to be seen if these listings are indeed valid.

WTK 05-30-09 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14 (Post 9474663)
what IS the correct pricing on that cromartie high school CC? (jus so i know how much i'm saving ordering it :-D)

The first two collections were retailed @ $44.98 with no extras.

Tenkyoken 05-31-09 03:59 PM

Does anybody know whats wrong with deepdiscount.com? I had some stuff in their cart last night, but when I went to order today, the site won't load.

Kevin M. Dean 05-31-09 04:07 PM

deepdiscount is loading slowly for me (slower earlier), but dvdplanet has been nowhere to be found all day.

Tenkyoken 05-31-09 04:33 PM

Glad to know its not just my computer. BTW, is S-cry-ed any good?

snausages 05-31-09 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean (Post 9476364)
deepdiscount is loading slowly for me (slower earlier), but dvdplanet has been nowhere to be found all day.

deepdiscount.com seems to be loading fine for me and I was able to add items to my basket and then go to checkout process. dvdplanet.com doesn't work for me either.

WTK 05-31-09 10:42 PM

iNetVideo.com

Some of which includes...

WTK 06-01-09 07:40 AM

New thread is now up...

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '09