Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Old 05-24-09, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

I think I'll start with volume 2 b/c its $7 and it has the artbox with it. If I remember correctly, I think it was vol.5 that did not have the slipcover. In terms of boxset, are you talking about the new Funi release, or the old TRSI bundle?
Old 05-24-09, 09:18 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 525 Likes on 462 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Originally Posted by Tenkyoken
I think I'll start with volume 2 b/c its $7 and it has the artbox with it. If I remember correctly, I think it was vol.5 that did not have the slipcover. In terms of boxset, are you talking about the new Funi release, or the old TRSI bundle?
I was referring to the FUNi boxset.
Old 05-24-09, 10:38 AM

I ordered Le Chevalier D'eon DVD 2 w/ Artbox. I'll see how good Vol. 1 episodes are online, then buy the rest of the singles another day. Do you know which singles did not have the slipcover? I'd like to ask TRSI which ones have them and which don't before I order them, but will they have such item-specific information?
Old 05-24-09, 02:28 PM

Is there any difference between the Le Chevalier Box and the single dvds (including the Box with DVD 1)?

I am just asking because the Box is a little bit more expensive but its cheaper for me to buy the boxset instead of the singles and the box (higher shipping costs to GER)
Old 05-24-09, 02:48 PM

I ordered Le Chevalier D'eon DVD 2 w/ Artbox. I'll see how good Vol. 1 episodes are online, then buy the rest of the singles another day. Do you know which singles did not have the slipcover? I'd like to ask TRSI which ones have them and which don't before I order them, but will they have such item-specific information?
I picked up all the ADV Chevalier singles from TRSI a couple weeks back, all of them had slipcovers. (Volume 2 had the disc + slipcover inside the collector's box.) I might have just gotten lucky though.

Last edited by obispo21; 05-24-09 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-24-09, 04:29 PM
Cool New Member

Chevalier Vol. 5 was the "rarer" slipcover release.
Old 05-25-09, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
DVD Pacific Misprice (Wrong Retail Price)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, Part 1 (LE): $22.79
thanks! let's hope they don't cancel the order!
Old 05-25-09, 05:52 PM

If I had any cash left I'd pounce on that deal.
Old 05-25-09, 09:40 PM
WTK

Amazon.com (for the sake of listing...)

Save 57% on Select Pokémon Singles @ Amazon.com | Expires 6/26/09
Old 05-25-09, 09:41 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by SteelyMag
Originally Posted by WTK
DVD Pacific Misprice (Wrong Retail Price)
thanks! let's hope they don't cancel the order!
Keep in mind that this LE only includes a manga. At the moment no artbox is solicited with R2 (or other physical extras that were included with the first season).
Old 05-25-09, 09:57 PM

But it is still uniform with all other retailers as well right? I mean there aren't more than one LE being sold depending on who sells it. If Bandai does make a change to the LE release it will affect all retailers right?
Old 05-25-09, 10:01 PM
WTK

But it is still uniform with all other retailers as well right? I mean there aren't more than one LE being sold depending on who sells it. If Bandai does make a change to the LE release it will affect all retailers right?
At the moment no. I don't expect to change. However you never know with BEI. They had an exclusive for Sword of the Stranger with TRSI.
Old 05-26-09, 01:49 AM

Who honestly knows, though. At Anime Boston this weekend I didn't even see a booth for Bandai in the dealer's room. They canceled that LE Lucky Star v.6 and Freedom is on backorder (Gundam 00, too, I think). I thought that they'd make it through this mess and not be another Geneon or ADV. I just don't want to be stuck with "nofunimation" as my only source.
Old 05-26-09, 03:43 AM

Today, my rightstuf order arrived (wow, what a big cardboard box )

But one thing was weird.: I placed two orders (one with the artboxes to Eureka Seven and Air TV and a few DVDs from Eureka Seven and Air TV, the other one with all the other DVDs from Air TV and Eureka Seven).

This way i wanted to "save" money i would have to pay to the german customs. But TRSi put everything into ONE cardboard box. Well, it could be magic, but the order arrived without any letter/payment request from the german customs.

The order was packed very well, everything was alright (boxes were in excellent condition) and everything else too.

I am pretty happy about it, my next order will be placed soon
Old 05-26-09, 08:25 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by SteelyMag
Who honestly knows, though. At Anime Boston this weekend I didn't even see a booth for Bandai in the dealer's room. They canceled that LE Lucky Star v.6 and Freedom is on backorder (Gundam 00, too, I think). I thought that they'd make it through this mess and not be another Geneon or ADV. I just don't want to be stuck with "nofunimation" as my only source.
I'm not that surprised that they are not at Anime Boston. However if they don't show up for AX, then you know they are having some serious issues. It sucks that Lucky Star Vol.6 LE got canned. That was followed by boxset cancellations of FLAG and Zegapain. FREEDOM boxset (DVD) is delayed indefinitely though the series is split into two releases. Release delays all across the board and many of which incurred two or three delays since its initial solicitation.
Old 05-26-09, 08:26 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by RockJack
This way i wanted to "save" money i would have to pay to the german customs. But TRSi put everything into ONE cardboard box. Well, it could be magic, but the order arrived without any letter/payment request from the german customs.
This is a standard practice. TRSI sometimes bundle multiple orders together if they are all ready to be shipped. This in term save them S/H cost and I would say most customers would prefer this method as well (especially for international customers).
Old 05-26-09, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
This is a standard practice. TRSI sometimes bundle multiple orders together if they are all ready to be shipped. This in term save them S/H cost and I would say most customers would prefer this method as well (especially for international customers).
Well i payed additional $10 because i made two orders (10$ for the first, 2$ for any additional item).

But its ok, i saved 20 Euro (customs duties) and i am happy with it
Old 05-26-09, 05:04 PM
WTK

Save Up to 55% on Select Animation Box Sets & DVDs @ DeepDiscount.com | Expires: 6/28/09 Noon CST
Old 05-26-09, 05:46 PM
WTK

Spring TV Event @ Amazon.com | Expires 6/2/09
Old 05-26-09, 11:02 PM
WTK

TWEC (FYE, Suncoast,...) Promo Recap (B&M / YMMV)
  • Buy 2, Save $20 on All Anime from FUNimation
  • Buy 2, Save $20 on Select Anime Favorite Titles
    • Black Lagoon single volumes
    • Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage volumes
    • Bleach single volumes (including TWEC exclusives)
    • Naruto Uncut Boxsets (Select Reg & LE)
    • Voltron - Defender of the Universe Boxset 7: $14.99
  • Save Up to 50% off on Select Geneon Titles (mostly older catalog singles)
  • Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off on Kitty Media Titles
Old 05-27-09, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
But shouldn't the June Deep Discount 20% off sale start in approximitly 2 weeks? Maybe Viz is opting out this year.
Old 05-27-09, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is that DD link broken? isn't working for me...
Old 05-27-09, 07:57 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Erdrick
But shouldn't the June Deep Discount 20% off sale start in approximitly 2 weeks? Maybe Viz is opting out this year.
There are a couple other sales ongoing for June. I was say that the sale is probably not going to happen in June.
Old 05-27-09, 07:59 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
Is that DD link broken? isn't working for me...
You used the link from this post? I had to click twice (the first led to a link page of which I have to click again), but it works. But remember if you edit your post, the DD links will get messed up.
Old 05-27-09, 12:07 PM
WTK

FYE.com

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.