Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-09, 05:20 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Father’s Day Sale: Save up to 60% (Mostly Non-Anime Titles) @ Amazon.com | Expires 6/21/09
Old 05-21-09, 02:35 AM
WTK

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Early TRSI Bargain Bin Update
Old 05-21-09, 02:37 AM
WTK

FYE.com

Old 05-21-09, 11:21 AM
WTK

Monster Savings on DVDs & More From ADV Films @ RightStuf.com

Rev up for monster savings on titles from ADV Films – from hot new releases, such as Princess Resurrection, Clannad and Kiba, to fan favorites including Martian Successor Nadesico, Best Student Council, Chrono Crusade, Elfen Lied and much, much more!

From now through June, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs and books from ADV Films, Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures and Happy Carrot. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: monstersavings
Expires: June 1, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential tosave up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and books from ADV Films. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Monster Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the ADV Films items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

Last edited by WTK; 05-21-09 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 04:35 PM
WTK

Amazon.com
Old 05-21-09, 06:05 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update...
Old 05-21-09, 07:49 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Shawne's Deal of the Day

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays)
Old 05-21-09, 10:15 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main...&ReturnTo=Main

Wow. Rightstuf 40% off ADV sale again.

Find the deals and list them people!

Last edited by Eric F; 05-21-09 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main...&ReturnTo=Main

Wow. Rightstuf 40% off ADV sale again.

Find the deals and list them people!

Already mentioned a few post up (WTK: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9458035-post129.html)

Originally Posted by WTK
Monster Savings on DVDs & More From ADV Films RightStuf.com

Rev up for monster savings on titles from ADV Films – from hot new releases, such as Princess Resurrection, Clannad and Kiba, to fan favorites including Martian Successor Nadesico, Best Student Council, Chrono Crusade, Elfen Lied and much, much more!

From now through June, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs and books from ADV Films, Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures and Happy Carrot. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: monstersavings
Expires: June 1, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential tosave up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and books from ADV Films. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Monster Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the ADV Films items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 05-21-09, 10:48 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Already mentioned a few post up (WTK: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9458035-post129.html)
Whoops. Usually I catch it, no need to repost it. Thx. Find them and list them anyways.
Old 05-21-09, 11:10 PM
WTK

...just to name a few releases.

Last edited by WTK; 05-22-09 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 11:13 PM
WTK

And for those who are curious of which ADV / Sentai Filmworks collection/boxset contain extras, check this table resource.

EDIT: This is the STACKpak packaging that I was referring to. Recent collection (4 discs +) are using this packaging.

Last edited by WTK; 05-22-09 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-21-09, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
EDIT: This is the [B]STACKpak packaging that I was referring to. Recent collection (4 discs +) are using this packaging.

omfg that looks atrociously awful!
Old 05-22-09, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Anono
omfg that looks atrociously awful!
Your telling me. I will honest trade sound and video for a giant old artbox.
Old 05-22-09, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm ive seen those cases in some video games and two of the drive-in cult movie volumes. i guess they have hijacked anime too
Old 05-22-09, 05:10 AM

Yes those boxes are ugly.

This will probably be my only post since I was banned before even joining.

Yup some foreign visitors ain't to popular viewing this forum especially when they use it to shop.

Funny bearing in mind this thread and the sites policy. Still its an excellent forum and resource, very informative, and the people here are very nice to foreign visitors who are lucky enough to be able to view it for very long.

Oh and I did try to get unbanned but dvdtalk wanted me to send my ip address to an external gmail address -didn't really fancy that after being banned for just reading this most informative forum -and reading the sites policy.

Ah well my brief visit is coming to an end and soon I will be gone again.

and yes those boxes are very ugly.

In closing I hope that this forum continues to be as helpful to all those who are lucky enough to be able to view it - but all us foreigners ain't allowed to read it even though we fight and die on the same side on the same battlefields.

enjoy your freedom
Old 05-22-09, 07:33 AM

I know the stackpak boxes are horrible. i got one in the Full metal panic complete collection. The ones that I like much better are the ones included with the new Tenchi thin series. The one with the dvd "pages" inside. Anyone know who makes those?
Old 05-22-09, 10:46 AM
WTK

Minor TRSI Bargain Bin Update...
Odds & Ends...
Old 05-22-09, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WTK
EDIT: This is the STACKpak packaging that I was referring to. Recent collection (4 discs +) are using this packaging.
Wow, that is terrible packaging. I will not buy ANYTHING knowingly that is packaged in a case like that. Absolutely awful design.
Old 05-22-09, 11:43 PM
WTK

AnimeNation.com

WEEKEND-WTH - 10% off coupon
Expires: Tuesday, May 26th

Old 05-23-09, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
...just to name a few releases.
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)[/URL] | Recently relisted them / grab it before it disappears again
With GotAnime discount, this looks to be about 27$, which put a smile on my face, as I picked it up at the old 50% off Best Buy sale for 18$. That is going down as the best anime sale in history. Sorry, just had to share the joy.
Old 05-23-09, 08:24 PM
WTK

Per AoD/Mania...
Retail Outlets (B&M):
Ollie's Bargain Outlet
closeout chain with stores in PA, MD, DE, OH, VA, WV, NY and NC
multiple copies spotted at Quakertown, PA, store of
*InuYasha First Season DVD Box Set (English TV Version, 27 episodes) $2.99
*InuYasha Second Season DVD Box Set (English TV Version, 27 episodes) $2.99
Old 05-24-09, 08:48 AM
WTK

DVD Pacific Misprice (Wrong Retail Price)
Old 05-24-09, 09:09 AM

Is it worth buying le chevalier d'eon the original artbox plus singles from TRSI, or Yugo the negotiator on a blind buy? I'm basically finishing off my Last Exile and EVA box sets, and need a $7 filler for $49 free shipping, but I wouldn't mind going to $50. any other recommendations? I don't want to start something that will take too long to finish.
Old 05-24-09, 09:14 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Tenkyoken
Is it worth buying le chevalier d'eon the original artbox plus singles from TRSI, or Yugo the negotiator on a blind buy? I'm basically finishing off my Last Exile and EVA box sets, and need a $7 filler for $49 free shipping, but I wouldn't mind going to $50. any other recommendations? I don't want to start something that will take too long to finish.
I really enjoyed watching Le Cheavlier d'Eon. FYI, the boxset has all of the same on-disc content and extras as the singles. The only difference is the booklets and the slipcovers found on the singles. And also, it has been a lottery on select volumes not getting a slipcover.

I haven't seen Yugo the Negotiator yet, so I can't comment on that. EDIT: there are DVD Talk reviews that you can reference to...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.