Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Old 05-13-09, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Originally Posted by theguyoverthere View Post
I suspect that it'll be a total of ~6 weeks again for this one.
Quite a bit sooner since i just received a shipping conformation for all 12 Eureka 7 dvd's
Old 05-13-09, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09

Originally Posted by BlackSwordsman View Post
Quite a bit sooner since i just received a shipping conformation for all 12 Eureka 7 dvd's
My two special editions(I got Volume 1 and 7 just for the artboxes) also shipped this morning.
Old 05-13-09, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
My two special editions(I got Volume 1 and 7 just for the artboxes) also shipped this morning.
Same here

All Eureka DVDs including special edition 1 and 7 and the Air TV series including the artbox and the movie (ADV Release)
Old 05-14-09, 09:54 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 262 Likes on 234 Posts

Leading the Way With Deals on Del Rey! @ RightStuf.com

Looking to put a spring in your step or stock up on your summer reading? We’re leading the way with deals on manga, novels and more from Del Rey – including both familiar favorites (Shugo Chara, Fairy Tail, Faust, Parasyte, xxxHOLiC) and new titles (Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, X-Men: Misfits, Yokai Doctor, Jiken)!

From now through May 21, take 33% OFF the retail prices of all titles from Del Rey! (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: guardian
Expires: May 21, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on all books from Del Rey. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Leading the Way” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Del Rey items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 05-14-09, 04:06 PM

Are there any anime titles in that barnes and noble 50% off dvd sale? Is there w ay to narrow the search down or do I have to just have to go through every title I want?
Old 05-14-09, 04:26 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Are there any anime titles in that barnes and noble 50% off dvd sale? Is there w ay to narrow the search down or do I have to just have to go through every title I want?
I don't believe there are any. They have categories for animation of which I don't see listed for this sale. Otherwise you pretty much have to go the long way to try to find anime.
Old 05-14-09, 04:38 PM
WTK

FamilyVideo.com

MaySaver - 10% off Coupon
Expires 5/17
Old 05-14-09, 06:33 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update...
Old 05-14-09, 07:27 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Shawne's Deal of the Day

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays)

Last edited by WTK; 05-14-09 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-14-09, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by WTK View Post
It's on (very) select Geneon titles. I would imagine that many stores don't have much selection left.
I found all three first season Rozen Maiden DVD singles plus the Limited Edition Box single in the FYE at Union Station in DC. However, the singles were only 33% off (20$), not 50%. Other Geneon titles were 50% off, though.
Old 05-14-09, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by beanjer View Post
I found all three first season Rozen Maiden DVD singles plus the Limited Edition Box single in the FYE at Union Station in DC. However, the singles were only 33% off (20$), not 50%. Other Geneon titles were 50% off, though.
Thanks for the information. 20$ for the dvds each are too expensive for me.
Old 05-15-09, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo DVD Box Set (Hyb) - Your Price: $36.00 (You Save 76%)

Sold. This I can't wait to watch.
Old 05-15-09, 10:04 AM

Does TRSI do price adjustments. I bought Gankutsuou last week for $45.00, now it is $36.00. Thanks.
Old 05-15-09, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Edubble View Post
Does TRSI do price adjustments. I bought Gankutsuou last week for $45.00, now it is $36.00. Thanks.
Be glad, i paid $97 just 6 months ago
Old 05-15-09, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, i can't wait to get mine check tomorrow
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo DVD Box Set (Hyb) - Your Price: $36.00
Kannazuki No Miko DVD Box Set (Hyb) - Your Price: $25.00
Moeyo Ken TV DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) $19.99

and few more items
Old 05-15-09, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Edubble View Post
They will only do Price adjustments if the item hasn't shipped yet. If it has already shipped then your out of luck.
Old 05-15-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've been stickied!
Old 05-15-09, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by bluesilo View Post
They will only do Price adjustments if the item hasn't shipped yet. If it has already shipped then your out of luck.
Thanks bluesilo. That's just how somethings work out.
Old 05-15-09, 03:48 PM
WTK

We've been stickied!
This is just the tip of what's to come...
Old 05-15-09, 04:30 PM

We've been stickied!
Anime is taking over.....Muhahaha!
Old 05-15-09, 10:58 PM

This was from a couple days ago from Mania/AoD of what's found @ a local Big Lots...
  • Flag vols. 1-4
  • Zega Pain vols. 1 & 2
  • My-Hime vols. 4+6
  • Eureka 7 vols. 5-8
  • .Hack//Roots vol. 1
  • Gundam Seed Destiny various volumes
  • Rescue Me: Mave-Chan
  • Tide Line Blue vols. 1+2
  • Cutey Honey (Live Action)
  • Galaxy Angel (can't remember which series) various volumes
  • Tekkon Kinkreet
  • Memories (more stock)
picked these up today:

Flag 1-4
Tide Line Blue 1,3
DiGi Charat Nyo 1-2
Galaxy Angel S
Old 05-16-09, 11:57 AM
Cool New Member

There's a Big Lots several miles from my home and they never, EVER have anime deals like the one's that frequently get mentioned. It must be a regional thing; I live in Jersey.

For those awaiting their own goods, my TRSI Eureka Seven package arrived this morning; man, that economy shipping was fast. This is the largest package I've ever gotten from these folks. Thankfully, it won't be a trend because I'm through anime shopping for the rest of the calendar year.
Old 05-16-09, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got mine today too and VERY pleased (as usual) with how carefully they packed everything!

Though i'll say my record for getting packages at my college post office back in the days of the Abundance Sales was 26 packages after I returned from some school holiday week-long break. The entire wall of the post office was dedicated to my packages :-D

by the way..Beck Vol. 5 has been restocked and I briefly saw Cowboy Bebop (the original sessions) volumes 1 - 6 in stock but was only able to grab 1-5 I had v6 in my cart and it got deleted cuz i kept pressing the back button
Old 05-16-09, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This is just the tip of what's to come...
I'm guessing that'll might mean we'll be getting our own lil sub-forum at some point?

If so that's cool.
Old 05-17-09, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

bout damn time too ;P

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.