Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Media Prices - April 5- April 11

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-09, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Media Prices - April 5- April 11

Originally Posted by Disneyboy
If Best Buy lets you pricematch Targets blu-ray BOGO, then Wall-E and Narnia:Prince Caspian could be had for $25 before tax. Not bad if you wanted those two itles.
Would they do that? Or would they choose to price match?
Old 04-02-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not double dipping on NCFOM but to those concerned about the price this was mentioned in a review over at HTF

The set contains a $10 rebate coupon for those who bought the original Blu-ray or DVD release of the film and who wishes to purchase this new expanded edition.
might soften the blow for those who consider this a must have
Old 04-03-09, 05:37 PM

my BB already had Bedtime Stories on shelf, picked mine up for the kid, its limited edition for the dvd,blu combo.
Old 04-03-09, 07:41 PM

Just about everything in the way of DVD "sales" this winter has been uncompelling, especially BB. I haven't made a dedicated BB run since the beginning of the year. Deep Discount is pretty lame too. Target doesn't have much (except for the TV season 2-packs when they're on sale). Only Amazon has had a few decent offers, but most of the titles don't interest me when $ are tight like now.
Old 04-03-09, 07:53 PM

I'm disappointed in BB pricing too. I haven't used my gift card since Jan. (I think). That's not normal for me. I refuse to pay $19 for DVDs that normally cost $14.99 during release week. I wonder if we all started writing or emails letters to the CEO if that would help. If they want to keep their customers they need to stop being greedy!
Old 04-04-09, 05:41 PM

Just bought HBO's "In Treatment" 1st Season DVD set for $19.99. That was the price on the sticker on every set on the shelf. It rang up at $34.99 but the cashier adjusted the price. 20 bucks is a damn good price for a 9-disc HBO set!
Old 04-04-09, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Doubt Blu-Ray is $23.99 on BestBuy.com. Hopefully it will stay that way till Tuesday, then I can match the price in-store and use the $5 coupon that's linked elsewhere in this forum...
Old 04-04-09, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
I did a little search about that Gort figurine.

It's 5 inches tall and made out of die cast metal.
Sold! Thanks for the info...
Old 04-05-09, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
I did a little search about that Gort figurine.

It's 5 inches tall and made out of die cast metal.

Here is a color photo of the figurine.

I saw this exact figure at one of the stores (don't remember the name) in the Mandalay Bay (Vegas) the week of 3-15-09. Same box, $19.99. Casting was OK. It was pretty heavy.

Almost bought it. Glad I held off.
Old 04-05-09, 01:31 PM

Oh, man. I totally want that Gort figure but hated the new film and already own the original on blu-ray. Damn.
Old 04-05-09, 02:15 PM

just pm the BOGO at my BB got Punisher and Body of Lies, also pm'ed Madagascar 2 on dvd.
Old 04-05-09, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by ASAPadam
Just bought HBO's "In Treatment" 1st Season DVD set for $19.99. That was the price on the sticker on every set on the shelf. It rang up at $34.99 but the cashier adjusted the price. 20 bucks is a damn good price for a 9-disc HBO set!
at mine they were all marked 54.99
Old 04-06-09, 06:39 PM

Does the DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL 3 disc Blu-Ray that comes with the original film include all the special features that that solo release did, or is it just the film itself?
Old 04-06-09, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I might get Rome Season One for 29.99 ... that's a good price isn't it?
Old 04-06-09, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Here's my exciting story.... drum roll please

I went into the place I call Worst Buy (or Best Deny) to try to PM the BOGO Blu-Rays at Target. I went to the register and asked the kid if he could pricematch it. He said yes, but then called over his supervisor anyway. She came over and when I mentioned it was a Buy One Get One deal at Target she said she could still pricematch it. However, she kept re-reading the Target ad (when they do that I know it's not looking good). She was probably thinking to herself "oh please let me find a reason... any reason to go back on what I just said"), and when she saw "quantities limited... no rainchecks" she got excited thinking "aha... I may have found my excuse", and she got on the phone. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was calling her manager. At that point I knew it was game over because every manager I've ever dealt with at Best Deny has denied me a pricematch (in fact, I think most people who become managers do so so they can feel the power of being able to deny someone a legitimate pricematch). She said "sorry, my manager said we can't do it". I said "you just said you could do it and then you changed your mind. I don't particularly appreciate that." I held back from calling her a liar even though I wanted to. She just said sorry again, and I once again held back from saying "no you're not... you enjoy the power", so instead I said "fine... I'll just go to Target and buy them there, and thanks for wasting my time".

So I went to the nearby Target and bought them all with no problems and no attitudes from the Target employees. I was actually shocked that Target had them all in stock.

I would've just bought at Amazon today, but Amazon chose not to match Target's Blu-Ray prices until after I had already bought them at Target, and I'm not going through the hassle of returning them just to save sales tax.
Old 04-06-09, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JAYARE
at mine they were all marked 54.99
It was on sale last week for $34.99.
Old 04-07-09, 11:37 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Geist
Does the DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL 3 disc Blu-Ray that comes with the original film include all the special features that that solo release did, or is it just the film itself?
From the thread here dedicated to it, just the film.
Old 04-07-09, 01:27 PM

I got to BB right when they opened up.
They had about 10 of the Gort metal figurines on display. Within the first several minutes at least 4 were gone including the one I got for myself.

I can also confirm that the 3 Disc editions 1951 original film disc has no special features either, just the movie.
Old 04-07-09, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got my Gort as well. They only had two left after I got mine. I had no idea how heavy it would be! They didn't skimp at all! And I like the packaging, too. This has to be one of my favorite BB exclusives EVER!
Old 04-07-09, 06:07 PM

Did you guys get Day the Earth Stood still for 24.99 or did you pay in store price which is advertised for 26.99?

I took the 3 disc blu-ray and made sure the lady price-matched their website price which is 24.99. Walked out with 3-disc blu ray and the gort figurine for 24.99 + tax. Not bad at all!
Old 04-07-09, 06:12 PM

got my Gort at opening, they had about 7 forgot to pm though I guess Ill go back tomorrow.
Old 04-07-09, 07:23 PM
Banned

No Gort at my local Best Buy.
Old 04-07-09, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Doubt Blu-Ray is $23.99 on BestBuy.com. Hopefully it will stay that way till Tuesday, then I can match the price in-store and use the $5 coupon that's linked elsewhere in this forum...
Just got back from BB. I printed out the price of Doubt on their online price. I also printed out the $5 off coupon for Doubt as well as the $10 off coupon for Bedtime Stories. I also had a $15 Rewards Certificate that would expire this weekend. The sales person at the register had to get a manager to approve/enter the online price for Doubt. They took off $5 and $10 coupons plus my $15 Reward Certificates. Final price was $22.68.