Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Old 04-16-09, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Thankfully none of my recent purchases from the Bargain Bin went on the blowout. No buyers remorse here just the need to spend more. All the Beck Dvds look like they went down by a dollar.
Old 04-16-09, 01:46 PM

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
They restocked volume 1 and the volume 2 artbox. Unfortunately, volume 3 is currently OOS. Hopefully they'll find more copies of volume 3 soon. I'm still waiting for X Remix to drop from the current $10 price point.
They also restocked Last Exile DVD 7 (was sold out yesterday) and the Chobits 001 Soundtrack CD (was sold out long time ago).

And today i got my order from rightstuf (thanks to Mr. Kleckner and Miss Cohee) with the dvds from the boxsets i had problems with.

Everything was alright (german customs made problems but now everything is good) and i am happy with rightstuf, the support and the products.

Last edited by RockJack; 04-16-09 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-16-09, 02:34 PM

Kanon DVDs had a price drop (to 7$ each).

Problem.: DVD 5 doesnt exist anymore, so its hard for everybody to get the complete set from ADV without DVD 5
Old 04-16-09, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts

I'm not sure why you'd choose an earlier release in order to support the original company that brought it over. Geneon USA is gone as a distributor, buying the old DVDs, especially at clearance, does nothing. If ADV lost the license, I doubt the clearance prices will really help support them either. If you really want to support getting similar series out there, why not buy the release from the company currently releasing them?

I fully understand your packaging concerns, though the cases you mention are all single standard case releases. Anyone buy a recent funimation boxset (maybe samurai 7) that can comment on packaging?

Sorry for the rant. On a similar note, I'm thinking of buying the Negima set, anyone know what kind of packaging it has? Also, any news on whether Vandread will ever be released on an anamorphic print, or should I just finally bite the bullet and get the older release?
Old 04-16-09, 05:01 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 525 Likes on 462 Posts

<HR>

Last edited by WTK; 04-16-09 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-16-09, 05:05 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by fujishig
I fully understand your packaging concerns, though the cases you mention are all single standard case releases. Anyone buy a recent funimation boxset (maybe samurai 7) that can comment on packaging?
Non- (Geneon/former ADV) collections for Strain. 2 thinpaks (2 discs) housed inside a flimsy artbox. I'm not sure if double disc thinpaks (4+ discs) will utilize overlapping method or not.
I'm thinking of buying the Negima set, anyone know what kind of packaging it has?
I'm assuming that you're referring to the original series. It's a digipak with the same discs from the singles.
Also, any news on whether Vandread will ever be released on an anamorphic print, or should I just finally bite the bullet and get the older release?
I would get the older release. The FUNi release is in 4-disc format and basically no extras.
Old 04-16-09, 05:10 PM

I just read that the 6th dvd of Kanon was made by Funi and not by ADV.

Thats pretty confusing, i mean DVD 5 is lost and DVD 6 isnt from ADV...so is getting the single discs and the artbox useless?

I just saw some seller who wanted about 90 dollar for the 5th DVD

€dit.: Holy crap, rightstuf just restocked lots of OOP CD/DVDs...thats amazing

Last edited by RockJack; 04-16-09 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-16-09, 05:14 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by RockJack
I just read that the 6th dvd of Kanon was made by Funi and not by ADV.

Thats pretty confusing, i mean DVD 5 is lost and DVD 6 isnt from ADV...so is getting the single discs and the artbox useless?

I just saw some seller who wanted about 90 dollar for the 5th DVD
ADV had released up to Vol.5 in singles. Vol.5 received very limited release. FUNimation acquired the rights to Kanon (among other former ADV titles). FUNi was nice enough to release the last volume for fans that collected the singles. The Kanon boxset is come out on 4/28.
Old 04-16-09, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
ADV had released up to Vol.5 in singles. Vol.5 received very limited release. FUNimation acquired the rights to Kanon (among other former ADV titles). FUNi was nice enough to release the last volume for fans that collected the singles. The Kanon boxset is come out on 4/28.
I see...its pretty sad that Vol.5 is now really hard to get .

Thanks to Funi for helping to complete the series. Its pretty sad that ADV lost the interest on the production/releases. Now they have the license for Clannad (same genre?) and its only subbed

Perhaps god will hear our devotions and will send 200 copies of DVD 5 to the rightstuf store...

The release of Kanon by Funi will be the thinpak+flimsy artbox way, thats not as good as other boxsets but its the only way to get the whole series
Old 04-16-09, 05:47 PM

I really want the complete series of "Air" from TRSI but volume 3 is sold out Anyone know how long it'll take for a restock, or even if it will restock at all?

Last edited by dead_rsng53; 04-16-09 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-16-09, 11:54 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Shawne's Deal of the Day

Highlights - Select Bargain Boxsets (While Supplies Last!)
Spoiler:

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays)

Last edited by WTK; 04-17-09 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-16-09, 11:55 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by dead_rsng53
I really want the complete series of "Air" from TRSI but volume 3 is sold out Anyone know how long it'll take for a restock, or even if it will restock at all?
I would just keep an eye on it. There is always a chance that it may get restocked (especially if the product is still listed, but the quantity is just stuck as zero).
Old 04-17-09, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig
On a similar note, I'm thinking of buying the Negima set, anyone know what kind of packaging it has?
Overlapping disks on a 3-part fold out.

Sorry, I have a photo but haven't done enough posts to be allowed to include the link.
Old 04-17-09, 04:55 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update
Old 04-17-09, 05:17 PM

I have a question to these Eureka 7 DVD Boxes.:

Is the Box in the "Eureka Seven DVD 1 (Hyb) Special Edition (w/Tshirt, CD, Manga)" big enough to store all 12 volumes?

I saw different boxes in other special editions of eureka 7 too.

Its confusing for me .

Thanks you very much!

RockJack

€dit.: Air TV DVD 3 is finally SOLD OUT and removed from the list.

Last edited by RockJack; 04-17-09 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-17-09, 05:21 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by RockJack
I have a question to these Eureka 7 DVD Boxes.:

Is the Box in the "Eureka Seven DVD 1 (Hyb) Special Edition (w/Tshirt, CD, Manga)" big enough to store all 12 volumes?

I saw different boxes in other special editions of eureka 7 too.
Vol.1 artbox holds Vol.1 to Vol.6. Vol.7 artbox holds Vol.7 to Vol.12. So in short there are 2 artboxes. All other SEs have paper box that holds the extra goods (T-shirts, manga, CD,...). For more details, read the individual TRSI listings.

This is an excellent deal for a great series for those who are contemplating on getting the AL collections in the future.
Old 04-17-09, 05:28 PM

Managed to grab copies of Air vol. 4 and vol. 3 before it sold out Ordered the Noein box set as well. I've never seen it, but it looks like pretty good sci-fi.
Old 04-17-09, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Vol.1 artbox holds Vol.1 to Vol.6. Vol.7 artbox holds Vol.7 to Vol.12. So in short there are 2 artboxes. All other SEs have paper box that holds the extra goods (T-shirts, manga, CD,...). For more details, read the individual TRSI listings.

This is an excellent deal for a great series for those who are contemplating on getting the AL collections in the future.
Sounds good, but its pretty expensive for somebody like me who is living outside the US (max. 10 items = 20$ shipping costs).

I will see what i can get (perhaps next month)

€dit.: One Popotan DVD Box set available again...HURRY!

Last edited by RockJack; 04-17-09 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-17-09, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by WTK

Is there any difference in the actual design or types to the dvd cases on the SE and the regular volumes?
Old 04-17-09, 06:00 PM

The volumes 1 and 7 SEs have the regular edition discs in their standard cases within the box and its corresponding goodies.

BTW... $50 for all 12 volumes and the 2 artboxes? DANG! I thought I was getting a good deal when I bought 1-9 used for $50 from some guy and 10-12 for $50 new from TRSI... could've waited it out another year and saved a bit...

Last edited by theguyoverthere; 04-17-09 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-17-09, 06:03 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by mordaane
Originally Posted by WTK

Is there any difference in the actual design or types to the dvd cases on the SE and the regular volumes?
Nope. Standard DVD cases for both regular volumes and SEs.
Old 04-17-09, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Nope. Standard DVD cases for both regular volumes and SEs.
Whelp, good news for me. Thanks for the answer folks. As much as I would love to collect manga, action figures, cds, and misc other anime stuff I simply wouldn't know what to do with it...let alone know where to put it all.
Old 04-17-09, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Man, the more deals there are, the stupider I feel for buying these as they were released.... I'm thinking of stopping the few series I'm currently following (Claymore, Gurren Lagen, and Code Geass) and just wait a few months for the inevitable clearance.
Old 04-17-09, 08:49 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath for Gurren and Geass. They're likely going to be priced like Cowboy Bebop was for many years (i.e. immune to any significant price drops.) Those two are too popular and too new for the Bargain Bin for the forseeable future.
Old 04-17-09, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Ordered from Overstock the same day. Just received this:
Hello XXXXX,

I am contacting you about order #XXXXXXX you have recently placed with us. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you today.

The Last Exile - Complete Series - 4-Disc Set (DVD) you purchased on this order was priced incorrectly so unfortunately we had to cancel the order. Please be assured you will be completely refunded for the item and cost of shipping for it. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance on this or any other issue. I hope you will visit us soon for great savings on name-brand products.

Sincerely,

Jon Y.
Customer Care
Overstock.com
So, for 2 bucks more ordered from Buy.com. We'll see.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.