Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

"Lilo & Stitch" and "Bolt" out @ Walmart (3/20)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

"Lilo & Stitch" and "Bolt" out @ Walmart (3/20)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-09, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: "Lilo & Stitch" and "Bolt" out @ Walmart (3/20)

Originally Posted by krkdnose
I'm not sure about this. The ad says "Save $10 when you buy both Bolt and Lilo & Stitch standard DVDs." It doesn't say anything about saving $10 with the Blu-Ray version.
Then give them a call and find out.
Old 03-23-09, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darkhawk
At Target, you get a store credit of $10 off when you buy both Lilo & Stitch 2-disc and Bolt. It doesn't matter which version of Bolt you get, 1-disc dvd, 2-disc dvd or Blu-Ray.
Darkhawk, where did you hear that the Bolt BR will work in this combo even though the ad only mentions "standard DVDs"?

If this worked... the Target ad lists Lilo & Stitch 2-DVD at $15.99 and Bolt BR at $26.99, so with the $10 mfg. coupon Bolt BR is $16.99 and with the $10 combo discount Lilo & Stitch 2-DVD would be $5.99... or $22.98 + tax total.

I'd like to know FOR SURE if this will work before driving out of my way to go to Target. I already know from past experience it would be pointless to call because the people at Target (just as the people at Walmart or most other stores) won't know what prices and combos work until you try to buy it at the register. If anyone tries to buy Bolt BR + Lilo & Stitch 2-DVD at Target, please post your results. Thanks.
Old 03-24-09, 09:42 AM

Ok, I bought two sets of Bolt/Lilo&Stitch at Target today. One with the Bolt deluxe dvd, and one with the Bolt Blu-Ray.

They rang up the the set with the dvd version of Bolt first, and it did not automatically take off the $10 for buying both. The guy had to call a manager, and it turned out it wasn't put into the computer yet. So he had to manually take off the $10. (I also had the $5 coupon for the Bolt DVD.)

Then he rang up the set with the Blu-Ray version of Bolt, and he just manually took off the $10 again. (I also had the $10 coupon for the Bolt Blu-Ray.)

So I still have no idea if the $10 off for buying both Bolt and Lilo&Stitch applies to the Blu-Ray version of Bolt as well. It might work, it might not. YMMV.

There was also a coupon on the front of the Bolt Blu-Ray giving $6 off if you bought it with Lilo & Stitch. I didn't try to use it. I have no idea if it will work with the $10 Bolt Blu-Ray coupon.
Old 03-24-09, 07:40 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

I'd recommend the following for anyone that wants both of these movies:

Went to TRU, and their promotion combined flawlessly with the two coupons.

Bolt blu-ray/DVD combo set $24.99
Lilo and Stitch DVD set 19.99
minus $10 TRU promotion
minus $10 Bolt coupon
minus $6 Lilo coupon

Both for $18.98 total.
Old 03-25-09, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'd recommend the following for anyone that wants both of these movies:

Went to TRU, and their promotion combined flawlessly with the two coupons.

Bolt blu-ray/DVD combo set $24.99
Lilo and Stitch DVD set 19.99
minus $10 TRU promotion
minus $10 Bolt coupon
minus $6 Lilo coupon

Both for $18.98 total.

I've been living under a rock and just got out. Are the coupons attached to the DVDs?

i'm planning on getting the DVDs to both Bolt and Lilo and this seems like the best price.
Old 03-25-09, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by hwanch
I've been living under a rock and just got out. Are the coupons attached to the DVDs?

i'm planning on getting the DVDs to both Bolt and Lilo and this seems like the best price.
The $10 ($5 DVD) Bolt coupon is mentioned in about a dozen threads here, at least one thread with "Bolt coupon" in the title.

The Bolt blu-ray includes the DVD, so even if you don't have blu-ray now, I'd buy blu, same price as the DVD pretty much.

The Lilo $6 coupon is on some Lilo DVDs, seems to be random.
Old 03-25-09, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
The $10 ($5 DVD) Bolt coupon is mentioned in about a dozen threads here, at least one thread with "Bolt coupon" in the title.

The Bolt blu-ray includes the DVD, so even if you don't have blu-ray now, I'd buy blu, same price as the DVD pretty much.

The Lilo $6 coupon is on some Lilo DVDs, seems to be random.

Thanks for the info. I found the coupon for Bolt.

For the Lilo $6 coupon, has it bee reported only on DVDs from Toys-R-Us or from Target as well? I noticed they also have a 10 off promo. If I get it, I was planning on just getting a 1 Disc version of Bolt.
Old 03-25-09, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by hwanch
Thanks for the info. I found the coupon for Bolt.

For the Lilo $6 coupon, has it bee reported only on DVDs from Toys-R-Us or from Target as well? I noticed they also have a 10 off promo. If I get it, I was planning on just getting a 1 Disc version of Bolt.
I'd definitely recommend getting the blu-ray even if you don't own a player, with the $5 extra in the coupon value and the TRU promo discount, the prices are pretty much equal, and you're getting the bonus of a blu-ray disc and a digital copy disc along with your disc 1.

I found the coupon at TRU, but maybe it was a fluke. It was also at Target and Borders iirc.