Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Old 03-17-09, 05:47 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Yup. Same price as Amazon.com had earlier today. But it appears to be still good at Target.com (its now back to $147 at Amazon):

http://www.target.com/Twilight-Zone-...%20zone&page=1
Old 03-17-09, 06:25 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 823
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Awesome! No free shipping i supposed but still a great price! I waited too long for Amazon earlier...
Old 03-17-09, 06:29 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

The website says free shipping over $50, but when I checked out they charged me $2.98 for shipping. But there was no tax.
Old 03-17-09, 06:36 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 823
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

I was charged the $2.98 shipping as well - $96.97 total
Old 03-17-09, 06:39 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
filmsoncon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 373
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Nice pull. Got mine too. Thanks OP.
Old 03-17-09, 06:43 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,608
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Sweet. Thought I'd missed this one when I saw the Amazon deal was already dead this morning. Says 1-3 weeks waiting, but I can wait. Ordered.
Old 03-17-09, 06:56 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 34,446
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

If you pick up the set, I'd also recommend the book The Twilight Zone Companion. It's a must-have resource for the TZ fan.
Old 03-17-09, 07:34 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,658
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Thanks! I've ordered it now. It's expensive for me right now... my wallet is hurting... but I'm sure I'll be happy when this arrives.
Old 03-17-09, 09:34 PM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Originally Posted by RobLutter View Post
Sweet. Thought I'd missed this one when I saw the Amazon deal was already dead this morning. Says 1-3 weeks waiting, but I can wait. Ordered.
Same here. Thanks OP!
Old 03-17-09, 10:54 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 823
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
If you pick up the set, I'd also recommend the book The Twilight Zone Companion. It's a must-have resource for the TZ fan.
I second that!!
Old 03-18-09, 01:07 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
dmkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,376
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Weird, it charged me tax and shipping 104.05.
Old 03-18-09, 05:27 AM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 159
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Try these $5/$50 coupons to make it even better:

$5 off $50 - QVJ6CEPX - Expires 3/30/09
$5 off $50 - YU662CYC - Expires 3/30/09

These are from SD, there is also one through retailmenot.com, probably others too.
Old 03-18-09, 06:19 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,658
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

^^, thanks but I tried the codes and searched for other codes and none of them worked.
Old 03-18-09, 06:26 AM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 172
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
^^, thanks but I tried the codes and searched for other codes and none of them worked.
I sent a letter immediately after checkout to Target re: $5 off of $50 codes.


Received this response within 2 hours:

Dear Victor A. Ramirez,

Thanks for letting us know about the missing $5 promotion for your order.

I've adjusted your order, reducing the total cost by $5, to make up for the promotional discount that should have been applied.

I hope this information is satisfactory.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.



Follow the Contact Us link under the Help window on any Target page, enter your order information and tell them that the $5 code isnt working.

They will manually adjust the dvd down to $88.99

1 of: Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection [DVD]
By: Twilight Zone
$88.99


- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

thanks OP for this deal!
Old 03-18-09, 06:39 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,658
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Thanks! I just sent them a message. While I was at it, I told them the Free Shipping offer wasn't applying as it was supposed to as well. Since some of the $5 off $50 coupons are supposed to still be working hopefully they will pull through for me as well. How exactly did you phrase your e-mail? I said it didn't apply in checkout as it was supposed to, but didn't mention specific codes.
Old 03-18-09, 08:21 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

I went to this Target.com page (http://www.target.com/gp/help/displa...isplayLink=oof) and sent them a message about my Twilight Zone order.

I phrased it like this:


Dear Target Customer Service,

Last night I placed an order for "The Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection" that was on sale for $93.99. When I checked out I tried entering this code (YU662CYC) to get $5 off orders of $50 or more. To my knowledge, the code is good through 03/30/09. Yet, when I tried entering the code, I kept getting an error message.

I've read that the code is not working properly, and that orders had to be adjusted after the order was placed. Hopefully, my order can be adjusted after the fact.

Also, for some reason I was also charged for shipping despite the item having a "Free Shipping when you spend $50" indicator on the products page (http://www.target.com/dp/B000H5U5EE/...%20Zone&page=1). If there's no free shipping, then why even have the indication present on that page?

Thanks.
Old 03-18-09, 08:59 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 823
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Originally Posted by SkipKassidy View Post
I went to this Target.com page (http://www.target.com/gp/help/displa...isplayLink=oof) and sent them a message about my Twilight Zone order.

I phrased it like this:


Dear Target Customer Service,

Last night I placed an order for "The Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection" that was on sale for $93.99. When I checked out I tried entering this code (YU662CYC) to get $5 off orders of $50 or more. To my knowledge, the code is good through 03/30/09. Yet, when I tried entering the code, I kept getting an error message.

I've read that the code is not working properly, and that orders had to be adjusted after the order was placed. Hopefully, my order can be adjusted after the fact.

Also, for some reason I was also charged for shipping despite the item having a "Free Shipping when you spend $50" indicator on the products page (http://www.target.com/dp/B000H5U5EE/...%20Zone&page=1). If there's no free shipping, then why even have the indication present on that page?

Thanks.
Cool - I'm going to try this! Thanks!!
Old 03-18-09, 09:35 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
filmsoncon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 373
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Originally Posted by SkipKassidy View Post
I went to this Target.com page (http://www.target.com/gp/help/displa...isplayLink=oof) and sent them a message about my Twilight Zone order.

I phrased it like this:


Dear Target Customer Service,

Last night I placed an order for "The Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection" that was on sale for $93.99. When I checked out I tried entering this code (YU662CYC) to get $5 off orders of $50 or more. To my knowledge, the code is good through 03/30/09. Yet, when I tried entering the code, I kept getting an error message.

I've read that the code is not working properly, and that orders had to be adjusted after the order was placed. Hopefully, my order can be adjusted after the fact.

Also, for some reason I was also charged for shipping despite the item having a "Free Shipping when you spend $50" indicator on the products page (http://www.target.com/dp/B000H5U5EE/...%20Zone&page=1). If there's no free shipping, then why even have the indication present on that page?

Thanks.
I just sent my version too. Worth a shot, at least. Thanks for the template.
Old 03-18-09, 11:39 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

I got a reply to the inquiry I sent this morning:

I'm sorry to hear that the free shipping and $5.00 off discount hasn't been applied to your order.

I want to let you know that we're having some technical problems and this promotion isn't working the way it should right now.

Don't worry, we'll refund $7.98 (shipping charges of $2.98 as well as $5.00 off discount).

At this time, I'd ask you to wait until the order has been shipped to refund you. If refunded now, your order may get stuck in the shipment.
Old 03-18-09, 12:22 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,658
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Thanks again ramivic! They adjusted my price to $88.99 total.
Old 03-18-09, 01:44 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 823
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

from Target.com Guest Services <[email protected]>
date Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:37 PM
subject Your Target Order
mailed-by bounces.amazon.com
Dear,
I'm sorry, books, music, videos, or DVDs aren't part of our free shipping promotion as these items are fulfilled by our online partner, Amazon.com.
It seems like, due to a technical error these items were listed as eligible for the free shipping promotion. Our technical team is working on taking care of it right now.
In this case, I've waived off the shipping charges of $2.98 from your order. Also I've reduced the item cost by $5.00, to make up for the promotional discount that should have been applied. This discount should have been applied to your order and I'm sorry for the error.
We know you count on more than just great products from Target.com, and that having a reliable website is just as important. It's disappointing to hear about this error, and I'm sorry we let you down.
Thanks for getting in touch with us and giving us the chance to take care of this.
How Did We Do?
Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:
If yes, click here:
If not, click here:
Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.
To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section
of our Web site.
Best regards,
Target.com Guest Service
http://www.target.com
Old 03-18-09, 01:48 PM
  #22  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 162
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan View Post
from Target.com Guest Services <[email protected]>
date Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:37 PM
subject Your Target Order
mailed-by bounces.amazon.com
Dear,
I'm sorry, books, music, videos, or DVDs aren't part of our free shipping promotion as these items are fulfilled by our online partner, Amazon.com.
It seems like, due to a technical error these items were listed as eligible for the free shipping promotion. Our technical team is working on taking care of it right now.
In this case, I've waived off the shipping charges of $2.98 from your order. Also I've reduced the item cost by $5.00, to make up for the promotional discount that should have been applied. This discount should have been applied to your order and I'm sorry for the error.
We know you count on more than just great products from Target.com, and that having a reliable website is just as important. It's disappointing to hear about this error, and I'm sorry we let you down.
Thanks for getting in touch with us and giving us the chance to take care of this.
How Did We Do?
Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:
If yes, click here:
If not, click here:
Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.
To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section
of our Web site.
Best regards,
Target.com Guest Service
http://www.target.com
I got essentially the same message. Kudos to Target for making good on things.
Old 03-18-09, 05:49 PM
  #23  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

I got a similar response as well. Thanks for giving out the information. This makes it an even better deal than the Amazon version.
Old 03-18-09, 05:56 PM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 172
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Yup - got another message - regarding the FREE SHIPPING

Dear Victor Ramirez,

I'm sorry, books, music, videos, or DVDs aren't part of our free shipping promotion as these items are fulfilled by our online partner, Amazon.com.

It seems like, due to a technical error these items were listed as eligible for the free shipping promotion. Our technical team is working on taking care of it right now.

However, we'll make an exception and issue a full refund for the shipping charges in this order. Since, we won't charge your card until we actually start shipping your order, we’re unable to request a refund at this time.

Therefore, once your order ships out please write back using the link below so that we’ll be able to refund your shipping charges.

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/?node=3370571

We know you count on more than just great products from Target.com, and that having a reliable website is just as important. It's disappointing to hear about this error, and I'm sorry we let you down.

I hope this solution is satisfactory. Thanks for contacting us.


WOO HOO - You said it Illini Jeeper - this is a better deal than the Amazon one now!
Old 03-18-09, 05:57 PM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 172
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target.com Twilight Zone: Definitive Collection $93.99

Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
Thanks again ramivic! They adjusted my price to $88.99 total.
you're welcome!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.