Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Some older Doctor Who dvds on sale at DD.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-09, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The price on several older Doctor Who dvds at Deep Discount have dropped from about $15 to 10.46, like Tomb of the Cybermen, Ark in Space, and The Caves of Androzani. The Beginning Collection is also on sale for 22.86.
Old 03-16-09, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Re: Some older Doctor Who dvds on sale at DD.

Damn. The only one I need (Robot) is regular price. Good deals tho on a lot of others.
Old 03-16-09, 12:34 AM

There was some good deals at Tower once on old doctor who episodes. Some dipped to as low as $6.99!

They hardly go on sale though and it's tough for people who want to collect this series.
Old 03-16-09, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most, if not all of these titles are $7.96 each at WBSHOP right now (through 3/19), with free UPS shipping. Spend $50, save $5. See this thread for details:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...bshop-com.html
Old 03-18-09, 12:10 AM

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but does anyone know any good places to buy the new Doctor Who sets?
Old 03-18-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Elpresidentepez
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but does anyone know any good places to buy the new Doctor Who sets?
Someone posted that they got the new Key to Time set for $58.96 from WBSHOP (see 2 posts up for sale info). They have many of the new DVD's. Whether or not they are good prices, I'll leave that up to you... Sounded like a good deal for Key to Time though (they have it mispriced at 79.95 retail instead of 99.95 retail)

Last edited by kenbenobi; 03-18-09 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-18-09, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Someone posted that they got the new Key to Time set for $58.96 from WBSHOP (see 2 posts up for sale info). They have many of the new DVD's. Whether or not they are good prices, I'll leave that up to you... Sounded like a good deal for Key to Time though (they have it mispriced at 79.95 retail instead of 99.95 retail)

I'm sorry, I was being vague. I specifically meant the Tennant era of Doctor Who. I never see them under 60. I was just wondering if anyone has seen on sale for less than 60-50 bucks.
Old 03-18-09, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That would be me. The Warner Shop has all 21st-Century Doctor Who series sets selling for $63.96 right now. Their discs typically sell for around 20% off retail normally, and until tomorrow, March 19, they have 20% more off.

The site is horrible to use. Every DW title is listed twice, once with the "regular" price, and once with the 20% off, though if you click on the regularly-priced ones, the page you get shows the extra 20% off anyway.

The 2007 episodes are listed as "season" four, while the others are under the proper British term "series".

They're also offering $5 extra off a $50 order, hence the way I got The Key to Time for $58.96. I don't know if this works for everyone though.

When I ordered it, I saw a link saying that orders over $500 would be half price!
Old 03-18-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Elpresidentepez
I'm sorry, I was being vague. I specifically meant the Tennant era of Doctor Who. I never see them under 60. I was just wondering if anyone has seen on sale for less than 60-50 bucks.
Ohhh, gotcha. Well, Series Four is available as an enrollment title at Columbia House. You can get TWO copies of Series Four for $9.95 shipped. Then you have to buy 2 more DVD's in the next 2 years. Wait for a Buy 1 Get 1 Free deal with free shipping (which are frequent), and you can 4 DVD's plus two copies of Doctor Who for under 50 bucks total. You MIGHT be able to exchange the extra copy of Series Four at your local Suncoast or FYE for one of the other seasons (I'd call them first to verify their "gift exchange" policy. Otherwise sell it on Ebay, and buy one of the other seasons on Ebay. They are considerably cheaper there.
Other than this, good store sales on these are few and far between...

For details on joining CH TV club, see this thread:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...e-posting.html
Old 03-18-09, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chris-K

When I ordered it, I saw a link saying that orders over $500 would be half price!
I didn't see that. Hmmmm, tempting... $250 for a bunch of stuff!