Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Kubrick Collection Director's Series $36 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-09, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Kubrick Collection Director's Series $36 Shipped

my roomate and i each bought this set from amazon this weekend at 15.98 sealed and sold through the marketplace, however the order fullfillment was through amazon so it was processed and shipped out of the amazon warehouse and was eligible for super saving shipping. i was going to post the find but it was gone by sunday afternoon.
pretty rediculous
Old 03-16-09, 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=kalel70;9326400]Amazon also has the Stanley Kubrick - Warner Home Video Directors Series, the 2008 box set available from a secondary seller for $15.37, with FREE Super Saver Shipping.

Less movies, but they are the newer, 2-disc editions (which have better sound and picture quality from what I understand). A pretty good deal at that price.

I don't have enough posts to provide a link, but a search for "Kubrick" on Amazon will find it quick enough.[/QUOTE

right thats what i did - awesome find.
Old 03-16-09, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by lastdiplomat
I find the term "like new" to be very subjective with Amazon Marketplace sellers. Especially when the same seller has a "like new" copy of the Kubrick Collection for $15 and another "like new" copy for $25. Makes me think one is significantly "newer" than the other.
Amazon customers can rate the sellers. If the quality is bad, that seller will get downrated. I am an amazon seller myself, but I have a 100% rating, because I carefully and accurately describe everything I sell.

The rating of the seller I bought my set from was 95%. So I expect that the box set will probably not meet MY definition of "like new." However, even if the discs and packaging are only in "good" condition, I will feel like I got a bargain.

Besides, I'm certain the discs will play. Have you ever seen how scratched up the discs from Netflix usually are? And unless they were cracked in shipping, the generally play flawlessly.

If I had gotten to amazon earlier, I probably would have purchased a new, sealed copy for a few bucks more. But even a purchase direct from amazon sometimes ships a box set in a bubble envelope, and the box ends usually get dinged up when that is the case. So your "new" product becomes "like new" before it even gets opened by the customer.
Old 03-19-09, 12:48 PM

Wow, I just bought a new one at Amazon Marketplace for $13 shipped!
Old 03-19-09, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the Amazon tip - Just bought one NEW for $9.99 + shipping ($12.97 Total!)
Old 03-19-09, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
Thanks for the Amazon tip - Just bought one NEW for $9.99 + shipping ($12.97 Total!)
Hey, that's from the same seller I ordered mine from for 12.44 + shipping on Saturday!

Those listings change more than the stock market.
Old 03-19-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have any of these movies .
Old 03-19-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wherehouse.com has the 7 movie box set (white box) for $24.97 used ($20 after the 20% off and free shipping..which ends tonight).

Last edited by dino88; 03-19-09 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-19-09, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God I think I might just return the set when I get it from Oldies now that it's listed as $10 on Amazon from some sellers.
Old 03-19-09, 05:43 PM

I didn't plan on buying this as I like the 4:3 ratios for the ones I have (Full Metal Jacket, Eyes Wide Shut, The Shining) but I mean $12.97 seemed so insane I had to jump on that price for the ones I didn't have (Clockwork, Space Odyssey, Life in Pictures) even if I am not the biggest Clockwork admirer. Too good of a price.
Old 03-19-09, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I pulled the trigger on the a set from Amazon marketplace (seller: pieceofmindbooks) because it was just too cheap to pass up. I already have the 7-film boxset, but don't have the uncut Eyes Wide Shut or Life in Pictures (plus I'll get all the 2-disc versions of the other films).

It's strange that the same seller has so many copies though. After I placed my order I checked and it is still for sale from the same seller. About half of my dvd orders from the marketplace have come from pieceofmindbooks in the past 6 months and they've all been perfect so I'm not too worried. For anyone else that bought this set from the same seller, could you let me know how the set looks once you get it...mine doesn't ship until the 23rd. Thanks
Old 03-20-09, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by dino88
Well I pulled the trigger on the a set from Amazon marketplace (seller: pieceofmindbooks) because it was just too cheap to pass up. I already have the 7-film boxset, but don't have the uncut Eyes Wide Shut or Life in Pictures (plus I'll get all the 2-disc versions of the other films).

It's strange that the same seller has so many copies though. After I placed my order I checked and it is still for sale from the same seller. About half of my dvd orders from the marketplace have come from pieceofmindbooks in the past 6 months and they've all been perfect so I'm not too worried. For anyone else that bought this set from the same seller, could you let me know how the set looks once you get it...mine doesn't ship until the 23rd. Thanks
I also took the plunge and bought the Kubrick set from pieceofmindbooks for $9.99 plus shipping. It is definitely suspect how the seller has so many copies and at such a low price, but that you've purchased from the seller without any problems is reassuring. Won't ship until the 23rd as well, but I should get it shortly after, considering I live only 30 miles from where they're based.
Old 03-20-09, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by utopianz14
I also took the plunge and bought the Kubrick set from pieceofmindbooks for $9.99 plus shipping. It is definitely suspect how the seller has so many copies and at such a low price, but that you've purchased from the seller without any problems is reassuring. Won't ship until the 23rd as well, but I should get it shortly after, considering I live only 30 miles from where they're based.
Yeah, I went back through my order history from the last 6 months and found at least 10 dvds I've bought from them and checked my feedback. I gave every order 5 stars with only one 4 star for light scratches on 1 disc. Everything else was either perfect quality or brand new and I also responded that the shipping was very quick (lol..my memory is shit huh?).

But don't trust that you'll get it sooner because it's right near your home. Sometimes the post office likes to send packages on little journeys around the country before getting them to their destination. I'm in Illinois and I've tracked a package bought in Chicago go to Indiana, then to Kansas City and finally to St.Louis before getting to my front door. Let's have a race and see who gets theirs first.
Old 03-20-09, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I've bought from pieceofmindbooks before as well. If I am remembering correctly the shipping was kinda slow but it was cheap and as described.
Old 03-20-09, 08:21 AM

my roomate got his from pieceofmindbooks yesterday. perfect and sealed. total steal. waiting for mine to come now.

although it shipped from peiceofmindmedia, the order fulfillment was through amazon which was great because we were both able to add some items for free super saving shipping.

Last edited by WEEDEDOUT; 03-20-09 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-20-09, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did your roommate's copy have the corrected cover and spine for "The Shining"?
Old 03-20-09, 10:15 AM

I'm in for one at only $13 shipped. I didn't check this thread for the longest time because $36 shipped didn't sound very enticing, but I'm glad I checked it now.
Old 03-20-09, 10:41 AM

Yeah, I'm only interested in a few of the movies in the set. $36 seemed a little high since I'm cheap, but $13 is fantastic. Thanks to whoever mentioned checking Amazon marketplace!
Old 03-20-09, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Super56K
I'm in for one at only $13 shipped. I didn't check this thread for the longest time because $36 shipped didn't sound very enticing, but I'm glad I checked it now.
The OP ought to change the thread title and point out the marketplace values, or perhaps someone should start a new thread. I bought mine used for $14.12 shipped and others are getting new sealed copies for a little more or a little less. That's a far cry from $36 in the thread title.
Old 03-20-09, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ericjanderson
The OP ought to change the thread title and point out the marketplace values, or perhaps someone should start a new thread. I bought mine used for $14.12 shipped and others are getting new sealed copies for a little more or a little less. That's a far cry from $36 in the thread title.
I'll take care of it.
Old 03-20-09, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$30-33 on ebay.
Old 03-20-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ericjanderson
Yeah, it's funny how this thread has become a bargain within a bargain. I'm curious as to how many people purchased an Amazon copy over the Oldies copy.

Amazon - 1
Oldies - 0

...BTW Utopianz...mine shipped today

Last edited by dino88; 03-20-09 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-20-09, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok, I tried to change the thread title but it wouldn't let me. Does a mod have to do that?
Old 03-20-09, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
Did your roommate's copy have the corrected cover and spine for "The Shining"?
he mentioned something to me that the shining was the same as the retail.
so i guess not. i didnt realize they fixed it. whats it supposed to look like?
Old 03-20-09, 03:23 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Ok, I tried to change the thread title but it wouldn't let me. Does a mod have to do that?
Yes. Hit the report post button in the lower left.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.