Deep Discount
$21
$
$26
misc store
$
$
$

These weekly threads are for price comparisons of all the big new releases, and the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Wednesday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy and Target; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the Wal-Mart, FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Toys-R-Us, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; we'd appreciate any updates you could give us. I am slowly "retiring" from my weekly chain crawls, and will need your help to keep these threads useful.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals

Best Buy -
South Park: Season 12 - Guide to Life quote book
Pinocchio 70th - 3-D cup with either version
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Target -
Pinocchio 70th - music CD on pack

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Pinocchio 70th - bundled with plush for $20
Cadillac Records - bundled with Double Platinum for $20

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
Pinocchio - film cell

Barnes and Noble -
I searched and found nothing new

Borders -
old, but an exclusive for Wonder Woman 2 disc is now stocked - mini-book

Costco -
Pinocchio - miniature Little Golden Book of the story, shrinkwrapped to the case yet hidden behind a "duplicate" rear cover

The Disney Store -
Pinocchio - pin

Toys-R-Us -
Pinocchio 70th - Pinocchio water bottle with either version; blu-ray $22
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

"Lesser" stores with no exclusives this week spoilered
Spoiler:
GameStop / MovieStop - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster -
I searched and found nothing new

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives -
Pinocchio
* Bestbuy Canada - 3D cup
* Futureshop - small calender

Last edited by Trevor; 05-22-09 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-07-09, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New release $ comparisons and store exclusives / freebies - 3/08/09 to 3/14/09

Best Buy:

"South Park: Season 12" - Guide to Life Quote Book included.
Old 03-08-09, 08:25 AM

Re: New release $ comparisons and store exclusives / freebies - 3/08/09 to 3/14/09

Toy's R US - Pinocchio $21.99 + Water Bottle
Old 03-08-09, 11:39 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Thanks! Updates made, tables complete as possible.
Old 03-10-09, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If you live near a Giant Eagle, they have Pinocchio for $15.99 with a free 24 pack of of water!
Save $1 and get a case of water or pay $1 more and get a 3d cup or music cd.. Argh I don't really need the cup or music cd but they're so damn tempting!
Old 03-10-09, 11:00 AM

Milk and Rachel Getting Married are both $16.99 at Target.
Old 03-10-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a $4 rebate coupon when you buy Pinocchio + a jar of raisins from this past Sunday's paper.
Old 03-10-09, 04:27 PM

At Safeway (and possibly Vons, Dominick's, Genuard'si, Randalls, Carrs, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Pak 'n' Save), they have the Pinocchio DVD for $19.99 with a free 12 pack of 12 fl.oz. Dassani bottles, a free three pound bag of apples (granny smith at my store, fuji at my wife's, possibly both or other varieties at other stores) and a free 6.8 to 8 oz. (depending on the variety) bag of Goldfish crackers.
Old 03-10-09, 08:13 PM

A few updates made, more pending.
Old 03-10-09, 09:21 PM

FYE has the Pinocchio Blu-Ray for $29.99 with a $7 mail-in rebate and the DVD for $19.99 with a $7 mail-in rebate. They are giving out a free Pinocchio "collectible film image" with purchase. The "fake" cel is of the fairy holding the wand over Pinocchio and is mounted in a cardboard frame the length and width of a DVD case with what looks like original pre-production pencil art of the same scene on it. More standard promo art and copy is on the back. This freebie is absolutely beautiful. Since I also have the FYE membership I got 10% off the pre-rebate price, so after rebate this is the cheapest deal ($20 for Blu-Ray or $11 for DVD) and the best bonus item IMO. The same deals may apply at Suncoast (I know they had the same Futurama rebate 2 weeks ago).
Old 03-10-09, 09:42 PM

any way to post a pic of the FYE exclusive? it sounds cool, but i'd like to see it before making the trek to an FYE as there isn't really one close by
Old 03-10-09, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JediJones
FYE has the Pinocchio Blu-Ray for $29.99 with a $7 mail-in rebate and the DVD for $19.99 with a $7 mail-in rebate. They are giving out a free Pinocchio "collectible film image" with purchase. The "fake" cel is of the fairy holding the wand over Pinocchio and is mounted in a cardboard frame the length and width of a DVD case with what looks like original pre-production pencil art of the same scene on it. More standard promo art and copy is on the back. This freebie is absolutely beautiful. Since I also have the FYE membership I got 10% off the pre-rebate price, so after rebate this is the cheapest deal ($20 for Blu-Ray or $11 for DVD) and the best bonus item IMO. The same deals may apply at Suncoast (I know they had the same Futurama rebate 2 weeks ago).
i concur - the film cell exclusive is near the top of my list as far as exclusives generally go. if you didnt know, fye had a bunch for past disney releases, including peter pan, sleeping beauty, and 101 dalmations.

but re your price comparison, you cant forget about taxes! in my case, its $.47 yeah, but its still $.47

also please note: from my experience, these film cells are kinda ymmv. some stores will order a bunch and give them out with purchase. other stores will only order just about how many they need to fulfill pre-orders.

ill post a pic of it later tonight if i am able.
Old 03-10-09, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hay trevor,

i hope you dont mind me putting up some exclusives i saw today at a borders that may or may not have been yet mentioned. im excusing myself because im too lazy to look up the proper release dates and post them in the appropriate weekly threads.

i told you id try to be more helpful right? i just didnt say how helpful i would be

borders exclusives:
- kung fu panda - free 100 piece puzzle on pack (its basically a big ugly sack of plastic around the whole thing)
- this american life season 2 (i guess like s1, its an early release at borders)
- the rebel with poster (dragon dynasty)
- semi pro with trading cards
Old 03-11-09, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
i concur - the film cell exclusive is near the top of my list as far as exclusives generally go. if you didnt know, fye had a bunch for past disney releases, including peter pan, sleeping beauty, and 101 dalmations.

but re your price comparison, you cant forget about taxes! in my case, its $.47 yeah, but its still $.47

also please note: from my experience, these film cells are kinda ymmv. some stores will order a bunch and give them out with purchase. other stores will only order just about how many they need to fulfill pre-orders.

ill post a pic of it later tonight if i am able.
okay pics here:

^ front or back

^ and the other side

^ the rest. not sure why pinocchios film cell is on the right side, instead of the left like the others. shucks for the non-conformity. and i think i may be missing one somewhere. not sure. if someone has one that i do not have, please lmk!

dimensions are about the size of a standard dvd, but on very thick cardboard-like stock.
Old 03-11-09, 02:04 PM

Great deal right now at Amazon, Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty blu-rays for $26.98 total. Final price at checkout. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...=nosim/dvdtalk
Old 03-11-09, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
not sure why pinocchios film cell is on the right side, instead of the left like the others. shucks for the non-conformity.
Cool pics. I for sure should've bought Sleeping Beauty there instead of at Best Buy with the pink alarm clock. I'm sure the cel is on the other side for Pinocchio because otherwise it would cut a hole in the fairy's head.
Old 03-11-09, 07:21 PM

Pinocchio at Costco comes with an exclusive miniature Little Golden Book of the story, shrinkwrapped to the case yet hidden behind a "duplicate" rear cover, if that makes any sense. No Pinocchio exclusives at Blockbuster, Barnes & Noble or K-Mart, but I haven't been able to check Borders. Or The Disney Store for that matter, who usually has a collection of lithos for stuff like this. Anybody check either?

I wonder what Circuit City would have had...?

*sigh*

Last edited by Ajay C; 03-11-09 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-11-09, 08:27 PM

Not sure if it is an exclusive but Barnes & Noble has Let the Right One In SD with a lenticular cover. Price on tag was $26.99 but I think there is a storewide 10% off.
Old 03-11-09, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ajay C
...I haven't been able to check Borders...
borders has nada on pinocchio.
Old 03-11-09, 08:32 PM

Canadian exclusives

Pinocchio
* Bestbuy Canada - 3D cup
* Futureshop - small calender

I'm not sure if this should be added to that week's thread, but Wonder Woman has an exclusive embroidered patch at Futureshop.. This might have been one Circuit City might have gotten if they were still around as Futureshop has the Green Lantern patch they got with The New Frontier..
Later
Old 03-12-09, 03:25 PM

Updates made, thanks all.

Hindolio, I'm pretty sure that we had all of those listed before, with the probable exception of the temporary exclusivity on This American Life Season 2. Thanks.
Old 05-21-09, 04:12 PM

Okay, this one is a little late, but I just found out about it.

According to a rep at The Disney Store, they had their own exclusive for Pinocchio this week. She described it as an exclusive pin of some sort, with graphics or text acknowledging the 70th anniversary aspect. I did not see this for myself, but upon asking, she knew immediately what I was talking about and described it without hesitation, so I'm inclined to trust her.

Anyway, something to chase down for you Disney fans out there.