DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Amazon DoTD Seinfeld: The Complete Series $99.99 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/551064-amazon-dotd-seinfeld-complete-series-%2499-99-a.html)

Illini Jeeper 03-05-09 02:09 AM

Amazon DoTD Seinfeld: The Complete Series $99.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

Looks intriguing.

Edit: Went ahead and ordered myself one... I was hoping to have spared my wallet for a while longer.

punit 03-05-09 02:20 AM

Re: Amazon DoTD Seinfeld: The Complete Series $99.99

Got it! Thx....

Torchur317, looking at the price of the set now?

movieking 03-05-09 06:26 AM

Got it. Waiting for this to go on sale forever. Time to trade/sell some of the single seasons to make room.

Drop 03-05-09 09:33 AM

Took the plunge finally, and I'm very happy. Didn't expect to see this deal so soon either.

tonymontana313 03-05-09 10:08 AM

Normally I would jump on this great deal, but there's word that the Seinfield masters are being worked on for a Blu-ray release.

Geofferson 03-05-09 11:21 AM

^ That's what's preventing me from pulling the trigger on this great deal...

Shannon Nutt 03-05-09 11:56 AM

Had a reason to update my Sopranos set (remastered Season 1, bonus disc, soundtrack CDs) when Amazon had that on sale, but there's really no reason to jump on this set unless you really want that coffee table book. Plus, as others have said, I'm pretty sure a Blu-ray release is being worked on.

blokhed 03-05-09 12:46 PM

I hope that's true about a Blu release, but I went ahead and picked this up anyway. It'll be nice to finally have the whole series.

Torchur317 03-05-09 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by punit (Post 9306944)
Torchur317, looking at the price of the set now?

Yes & I'm furious, I bought them all first day for $40 each. I could never bring myself to buy this for a book & bonus disc after spending that much.

CritterYawn 03-05-09 02:18 PM

Well, think of it that way: you paid the fan club membership fees.
And it's the depression slumdog era by now: we need cheap entertainment to weather it. The studios are starting pouring it over us.
(but I agree, this is one of the best shows of all times, so it might be worth it. As this is a definitive release, I might just fork over $100 for it.)

ElCambio 03-05-09 02:31 PM

Anyone concerned about OAR may not want to wait for this on Blu-ray. Like the recent broadcasts of the show in HD, it will probably be in widescreen. Personally, I dislike this pressure to make things fit people's expensive TVs and would rather have less-than-perfect sharpness (especially with something like a sitcom) than cramped headroom and unnecessarily added space on the sides.

RobCA 03-05-09 02:49 PM

This set's perfect for me, since I don't own any of the seasons, and I'm not interested in Blu-ray. Couldn't resist ordering it for that price. Thanks for posting this! :up:

Rob

Sessa17 03-05-09 03:39 PM

Been on the fence on this for a while, but can't pass up this deal, just placed the order. All you have to so is look at my sig to see that I'm a Blu-Ray fanatic, but honestly, there is just know need for this show in Blu-Ray, especially if they adjust it for widescreen. At 8 seasons, the Blu-set is going to be very expensive & IMO doesn't justify the price difference.

Illini Jeeper 03-05-09 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by RobCA (Post 9308191)
This set's perfect for me, since I don't own any of the seasons, and I'm not interested in Blu-ray. Couldn't resist ordering it for that price. Thanks for posting this! :up:

Rob

That's ultimately what I thought as well. Should be arriving tomorrow. :D

NoirFan 03-05-09 05:28 PM

Damn. Why couldn't this be the DoTD tomorrow, when I get paid?

if200 03-05-09 08:33 PM

I am waitng for the blu-ray. It might take a while for it to be available at this price but it will happen and will be worth it. Since it was shot on film, the remastered version is properly proportioned and looks fantastic. I own the first seven season but am not investing anymore unless it is in high def. On the other hand it is a pretty good price if yo want it now.

Xbox69 03-06-09 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 9308578)

It's not like the sale is instantaneous. Place the order and then have the money in the account (tomorrow?) to be there when the set ships and you are charged.

Shannon Nutt 03-06-09 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ElCambio (Post 9308151)
Anyone concerned about OAR may not want to wait for this on Blu-ray. Like the recent broadcasts of the show in HD, it will probably be in widescreen. Personally, I dislike this pressure to make things fit people's expensive TVs and would rather have less-than-perfect sharpness (especially with something like a sitcom) than cramped headroom and unnecessarily added space on the sides.

I would usually agree, but I think the HD versions of SEINFELD have been done with a great deal of care and actually look pretty nice.

CritterYawn 03-06-09 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 9308578)

Thanks for inspiring me, you made the difference. Did not pull the trigger yesterday, so it's just like I have $99.99 credit toward real cinema titles.

NoirFan 03-07-09 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by CritterYawn (Post 9310875)
Thanks for inspiring me, you made the difference. Did not pull the trigger yesterday, so it's just like I have $99.99 credit toward real cinema titles.

I'm actually glad I didn't order it either - I have such a massive backlog of TV on DVD releases that I wouldn't even have gotten to it for a couple of years. I ended up using the money on some dirt-cheap R2 titles, so I'm happy.

jimweb 03-07-09 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by tonymontana313 (Post 9307384)
Normally I would jump on this great deal, but there's word that the Seinfield masters are being worked on for a Blu-ray release.

I'm holding off for the blue ray release as well. Any word on a release date?

jimweb 03-08-09 10:49 AM

I was just told that Seinfeld will not be released on Blue-ray any time soon. SO I went ahead and ordered the high def.