Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Second Spin (B & M) 40% Off Coupon

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-09, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Second Spin (B & M) 40% Off Coupon

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Man, change the freaking title. Most ppl don't live in LA so this thread is a waste of time.
Cannot change the title, I tried to. Look at the original post.

And are you a member of the Census Bureau? How do you know where "most" people are located?

Sorry you feel it's a waste of time. If it was such a waste of time to you why scroll through the comments, read them, and post one yourself? Once you realized it didn't benefit you, you could've moved on. You opted not to.

I didn't waste your time nor did this thread, that decision was all your own my friend.

Also, I apologized for this error several times.
Old 02-22-09, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by dead000

And are you a member of the Census Bureau? How do you know where "most" people are located?

Sorry you feel it's a waste of time. If it was such a waste of time to you why scroll through the comments, read them, and post one yourself? Once you realized it didn't benefit you, you could've moved on. You opted not to.

I didn't waste your time nor did this thread, that decision was all your own my friend.

People need to stop being complete douchebags. I don't live in LA and you don't see me pissing and moaning about it. It really won't kill you to take 5 seconds to open up the thread, read that it's B&M only and move on. You're just being an asshole for asshole sakes. Even though I won't benefit from this I want to thank the OP for giving people heads up on this.

Just stop being assholes when someone is trying to help the board out. I don't know why people get this elitist attitude on the internet, you're not cool just leave the thread if it's not a deal for you.
Old 02-22-09, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by takingchase
People need to stop being complete douchebags. I don't live in LA and you don't see me pissing and moaning about it. It really won't kill you to take 5 seconds to open up the thread, read that it's B&M only and move on. You're just being an asshole for asshole sakes. Even though I won't benefit from this I want to thank the OP for giving people heads up on this.

Just stop being assholes when someone is trying to help the board out. I don't know why people get this elitist attitude on the internet, you're not cool just leave the thread if it's not a deal for you.
Thank you.
Old 02-22-09, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really won't kill you to take 5 seconds to open up the thread, read that it's B&M only and move on.
That's not the point.

It's easier for a single poster to use a descriptive thread title than for everyone else to click on the thread and read it only to end up disappointment.

Pointing that out isn't being an "asshole" or a "douchebag". It's just pointing out forum etiquette/rules for future reference. No one here was even rude about it really, all things considered. Just a bunch of frustration, and rightfully so.
Old 02-22-09, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
That's not the point.

It's easier for a single poster to use a descriptive thread title than for everyone else to click on the thread and read it only to end up disappointment.

Pointing that out isn't being an "asshole" or a "douchebag". It's just pointing out forum etiquette/rules for future reference. No one here was even rude about it really, all things considered. Just a bunch of frustration, and rightfully so.
It was purely accidental. Plain and simple.

Lesson learned. Can we move on now, please?
Old 02-22-09, 03:42 PM

Re: Second Spin (B & M) 40% Off Coupon

Has anyone seen this coupon for the Denver store?
Old 02-22-09, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by vcuram
Has anyone seen this coupon for the Denver store?
They have coupons in Westword and The Onion
Old 02-22-09, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree. It has gotten to the point where I don't want to post anything anymore....
Old 02-22-09, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No one here was even rude about it really, all things considered. Just a bunch of frustration, and rightfully so.

"Man, change the freaking title. Most ppl don't live in LA so this thread is a waste of time."

Struck me as rude, as it followed multiple similar requests, apologies, revelations of attempts to change it and even discussion of said attempts.
Old 02-22-09, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nobody living in CA has scored anything, yet?
Old 02-22-09, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by punit
I did. I used this same coupon last month. It appears in the local LA Weekly paper every once in a while. It works on used complete series boxed sets, too! Got the huge 60-disc Little House on the Prairie set. It was still sealed, but priced used at $176.99. I used the coupon and got it for $106.20. A steal!

I never bothered to post it because it is a local thing. Maybe they can edit the title and put "CA Locations" only in the title.
Old 02-22-09, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hindolio-

I was just there yesterday. Frequent that store every few days or so...
im there only every two months or so, but maybe i have already seen you in the past then
Old 02-22-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The 40% is basically a 50% for Backstage Pass Members.

Oh.. and Im twice every week going there (The Sherman Oaks Store)
Old 02-22-09, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by punit
I got the Abbott & Costello Universal collection, "used" but new (still sealed) for $43...
Old 02-22-09, 11:47 PM

That's not the point.

Actually you came off quite rude and yes you sounded like a complete ass or douchebag as I put it earlier. I know that the OP made a mistake by not including B&M in the title but he apologized and you still had to chime in and be an asshole about it. People like you come in these threads being completely rude and scare away posters who may have contributed good deals in the future but why should they when they get nothing but disrespect for one little mistake which is not a problem at all. I still stand by the fact that it doesn't hurt you one bit, I promise those 10 seconds of your life you wasted clicking on this thread weren't that important anyways.
Old 02-23-09, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually you came off quite rude and yes you sounded like a complete ass or douchebag as I put it earlier. I know that the OP made a mistake by not including B&M in the title but he apologized and you still had to chime in and be an asshole about it. People like you come in these threads being completely rude and scare away posters who may have contributed good deals in the future but why should they when they get nothing but disrespect for one little mistake which is not a problem at all. I still stand by the fact that it doesn't hurt you one bit, I promise those 10 seconds of your life you wasted clicking on this thread weren't that important anyways.
Proper thread titles are absolutely vital to this forum, being that we're talking about deals that sometimes only last minutes or hours. Anyone who has earned their stripes here has learned by now that if a deal is B&M-only - you specify that in the thread title.

Even though the OP feels like he's being punished for a simple mistake, I can promise you he won't forget to be more in-depth the next time he posts a deal.
Old 02-23-09, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mikael79
Proper thread titles are absolutely vital to this forum, being that we're talking about deals that sometimes only last minutes or hours. Anyone who has earned their stripes here has learned by now that if a deal is B&M-only - you specify that in the thread title.

Even though the OP feels like he's being punished for a simple mistake, I can promise you he won't forget to be more in-depth the next time he posts a deal.
Earned their stripes? Is this the military now? Jesus Christ!

Punished? Really? I don't think so. I apologized, and that's that. What are you, the Thread Gestapo? Is your life so insignificant that you can't let this go? Get over it. Problem rectified. Solution found.

And by the way, you can promise that I won't forget next time? Interesting. Thanks Kreskin. The only thing you can promise and I can guarantee is when someone accidentally omits something from a thread title you'll be there, smugly rubbing their face in it.

Thanks for being helpful! Oh, that last bit was sarcasm.

BTW, I'll think twice next time about posting a deal because of delusional, self-righteous assholes such as yourself.
Old 02-23-09, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Earned their stripes? Is this the military now? Jesus Christ!

Punished? Really? I don't think so. I apologized, and that's that. What are you, the Thread Gestapo? Is your life so insignificant that you can't let this go? Get over it. Problem rectified. Solution found.

And by the way, you can promise that I won't forget next time? Interesting. Thanks Kreskin. The only thing you can promise and I can guarantee is when someone accidentally omits something from a thread title you'll be there, smugly rubbing their face in it.

Thanks for being helpful! Oh, that last bit was sarcasm.

BTW, I'll think twice next time about posting a deal because of delusional, self-righteous assholes such as yourself.
Yes. Yes. Amen!

Yes. Yes. I do. Thanks. Yes. Yes. Ok. Ok. Ok.

Yes. Sure is! You're welcome! Oh.

You're welcome! Really?!

We'll all be a little sad when you don't post that next misleading deal.
Old 02-23-09, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry for coming off rude. I thought you was just refusing to change the title at the time.

I am frustrated because this forum is increasing been filled with weak or useless deals. I was so tired of clicking on the Circuit City thread to find zero deals until recently. Maybe we need a thread icon like a flame to indicate really hot deal

Also, some ppl resurrect old threads to post about not receiving a dvd from their order or something, and it appears like the deal is alive again.
Old 02-23-09, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Sorry for coming off rude. I thought you was just refusing to change the title at the time.

I am frustrated because this forum is increasing been filled with weak or useless deals. I was so tired of clicking on the Circuit City thread to find zero deals until recently. Maybe we need a thread icon like a flame to indicate really hot deal

Also, some ppl resurrect old threads to post about not receiving a dvd from their order or something, and it appears like the deal is alive again.
No worries. I apologize as well.

Completely agree with the CC thread comment.
Old 02-23-09, 11:02 AM

Yes. Yes. Amen!

Yes. Yes. I do. Thanks. Yes. Yes. Ok. Ok. Ok.

Yes. Sure is! You're welcome! Oh.

You're welcome! Really?!

We'll all be a little sad when you don't post that next misleading deal.

The heading was misleading, not the deal genius. And I look forward to posting another deal YOU can't take advantage of.
Old 02-23-09, 11:38 AM

I have no problem with people correcting the OP but people are being complete asses about it. The OP is genuinely trying to help and when people spit in his face because of one little mistake whats to keep him from coming back and continuing to help out the community
Old 02-23-09, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The heading was misleading, not the deal genius. And I look forward to posting another deal YOU can't take advantage of.
I tip my little black tophat to you, kind sir!
Old 02-23-09, 12:17 PM

I tip my little black tophat to you, kind sir!
Love to love you too!
Old 02-23-09, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Love to love you too!
Love me do.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.