New release $ comparisons and store exclusives / freebies - 2/08/09 to 2/14/09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New release $ comparisons and store exclusives / freebies - 2/08/09 to 2/14/09

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-09, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New release $ comparisons and store exclusives / freebies - 2/08/09 to 2/14/09

Originally Posted by hindolio
weird exclusive these film cells have been indeed! next weeks bestbuy ad scan has the film cell exclusives for bttf listed. from my best recollection...

et
mummy
scarface
bourne ultimatum
40 yr-old virgin
bttf
bttf 2
bttf 3
They also had Jaws with the film cell for $9.99 at the store I saw them at.
Old 02-19-09, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: New release $ comparisons and store exclusives / freebies - 2/08/09 to 2/14/09

Not really weird.. they did it (Universal and Bestbuy) about 4-5yrs ago

Originally Posted by xage
I just opened my 2Fast2Furious today, after years in my shelf waiting to be opened.. and boy Im so suprised to see that I got the one with the LE Senitype.

Well for those who are interested to see what the actual size of the Limited Edition Senitype, below is the actual pic.

weird exclusive these film cells have been indeed! next weeks bestbuy ad scan has the film cell exclusives for bttf listed. from my best recollection...

et
mummy
scarface
bourne ultimatum
40 yr-old virgin
bttf
bttf 2
bttf 3
Old 02-19-09, 09:13 PM

wait a second... so all these older titles, et, scarface, etc all have a film cell from each respective movie inside the dvd case?

but just logicistically, how is this possible? as someone would have to open factory sealed dvds and insert a card into each one and reseal them. or am i missing something here?
So they never re-press DVDs? I always assumed they kept pressing them as they needed new stock.. But if they press their entire run and store them in a warehouse until they're ready to go somewhere, then that would be something new I learned..
Later
Old 02-19-09, 09:15 PM

Limited to 1,000 Autographed Bruce Campbell Poster (Pre-order and whats left???)

dvdempire online exclusive

Last edited by xage; 02-20-09 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-19-09, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

et
mummy
scarface
bourne ultimatum
40 yr-old virgin
bttf
bttf 2
bttf 3
Originally Posted by Liontamer
They also had Jaws with the film cell for $9.99 at the store I saw them at.
yep add jaws to that list too. i meant weird promotion in that there was really no promotion advertised. bttf released, but there was no mention of it in ads. and then, the following week (which will be next week), ads show the exclusive film cell. but still, there is no mention of the other exclusive dvds listed above. and there really is no reason lol.

meh okay maybe its just me.
Old 02-22-09, 05:26 PM

add King Kong and Schindler's List to the film cell list as well.
Old 02-22-09, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by dvdbossman
add King Kong and Schindler's List to the film cell list as well.
3discs King Kong
Old 02-23-09, 02:13 PM

I hate this new trend of putting out exclusives for a title years after the DVD was released. I enjoy hunting for exclusives at the time a movie is released. But years later? I'm just not interested in getting all these movies again.