Fraggle Rock Complete Series 58.99 at Amazon

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 02-06-09, 02:57 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Amazon has complete Fraggle Rock for 58.99. A great savings. Some on amazon complain about the packaging. But for this price, it maybe worth it.
Old 02-06-09, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fraggle Rock Complete Series 58.99 at Amazon

This is a fantastic price. I thought I got off good when I bought it during the 20% off sale.
Old 02-19-09, 01:47 PM

I received my Fraggle Rock set yesterday and literally every 2nd disc was loose in the package. (The discs are housed in a binder, on card pages - 2 to a page). Thankfully, none of the discs were scratched. I could hear the discs rolling back and forth, but luckily the binder pages are quite flush so didn't do the discs any harm.

For the price, i'm glad I gambled. I'm sure amazon must experience a good number of returns though.
Old 02-19-09, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by stronghold7000
I received my Fraggle Rock set yesterday and literally every 2nd disc was loose in the package. (The discs are housed in a binder, on card pages - 2 to a page). Thankfully, none of the discs were scratched. I could hear the discs rolling back and forth, but luckily the binder pages are quite flush so didn't do the discs any harm.

For the price, i'm glad I gambled. I'm sure amazon must experience a good number of returns though.
Quick question, did you get your loose discs from this deal or was that when you just ordered it before the deal was posted? Maybe many people had this problem and thats why they posted the deal, idk.
Old 02-19-09, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All my second discs were also loose and the packaging really does suck as bad as everyone makes it out to be in the reviews. The other half of bad reviews are because the last season wasn't released separately which I think is a stupid reason to give this set a low review.
Old 02-19-09, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They have a free replacement for loose scratched discs going on.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fra...e-Series/10939
Old 02-19-09, 04:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good price for the series & a nice set.

The comments about the packaging are interesting. I bought a set & got one for a friend during the DD 25% off sale...and both had the same problems (every 2nd disc loose). Thankfully, they were only mildly scuffed...good to know that there's a replacement option available (thanks for the info!).

What really gets me is this: Don't companies/studios ever TEST the packaging to see if it's going to work before releasing them? It's obvious that the design for this one was seriously flawed. Seems that other sets (Little House, Charmed, etc.) also have design flaws that could easily be spotted & rectified. Wouldn't that be easier than antagonizing customers or having to replace discs???
Old 02-25-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Got mine yesterday from Amazon and as everyone pointed out, all my 2nd discs were loose as well. Thankfully no major scratches. I'm thinking that it is not the packaging design that is causing the loose discs but the way they automated the procedure of placing the discs in the sleeve. I'm guessing that the calibration of that second arm was off.
Old 02-25-09, 10:01 PM

I got my set yesterday and surprisingly every single disc was intact.