Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon's Deal of the Day (1/25): Six Feet Under Complete Series $60

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-09, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon's Deal of the Day (1/25): Six Feet Under Complete Series $60

Ok...slight update. I contacted them via their online form to see what my options were. They offered to replace it under their replacement policy but there would be a delay in getting the set as noted previously. Or if I chose to keep it, they offered a refund of 20% ($11.99) of my purchase price, which I may do.

Just wanted to let people know that in case they wanted to go that route.
Old 02-04-09, 01:22 PM

I got mine a few days ago. The shrink wrap had the oval at the top, the wrap was slightly torn from what appeared to just be wear from the shipping process. With the exception of a slight scratch from a loose disc, everything seemed fine. Then I notice that the book containing the bonus soundtracks is missing. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 02-04-09, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by mikerodot78
Then I notice that the book containing the bonus soundtracks is missing. Anyone else have this problem?
This is what you are missing:

The book contains memorial/obituary notices for each of the main characters, fold out flaps that hold the 2 CDs and the liner notes for each CD.

(I have put the CDs and the liner notes into regular CD jewel cases.)

This book is very nice and well done...
Old 02-06-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you that missed this deal, eBayers who speculated on this are getting reemed and the set is going for close to 60.00 on many auctions.

The only thing I would be weary of is that so many are getting bad sets that you may get one from an ebayer also. YMMV.
Old 02-06-09, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For those of you that missed this deal, eBayers who speculated on this are getting reemed and the set is going for close to 60.00 on many auctions.
Nobody ever heard of buy and hold?
Old 02-06-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered this late as I think it was listed OOS at the time. They gave me a shipping date as February 6-9. Their website now says it will be in-stock in 1 to 2 months when clicking on the title.

I have been thinking about canceling it since I think I will be getting a bad set that someone has returned. I went through the Have Gun, Will Travel S3bad sets, three times before they told me to either keep what I had or get a refund. I chose the refund. Bought it again whe DDD had it cheap several months later, same defective discs. I told DDD about Amazon and they agreed to a refund without sending me another.
Old 02-06-09, 10:33 PM

I received my order today. Plastic wrap is ripped and it's missing the gravestone!!!!!!!!!! Said the replacement may not ship out for about 3 weeks.
Old 02-07-09, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Nobody ever heard of buy and hold?
Yeah, even with my jacked up box, and worn grass on top, there is no way that this set will not still be a bargain several months from now on eBay for $74.99. At the end of the day it IS a $180 set, so patience is the key here.
Old 02-10-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Heads up to those still waiting. I got a notice from Amazon saying the shipping date is now pushed back to March 12. But I had to confirm that I still wanted the item by pushing a button on their site - otherwise they would've cancelled it. Pretty sneaky ... usually you assume a late shipment is not cancelled unless you actively request it. So for those of you waiting - if you get an e-mail from Amazon, don't delete it if you still want to wait. $60 still seems like a good price so I'm hanging in there.
Old 02-10-09, 11:07 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
This is what you are missing:

The book contains memorial/obituary notices for each of the main characters, fold out flaps that hold the 2 CDs and the liner notes for each CD.

(I have put the CDs and the liner notes into regular CD jewel cases.)

This book is very nice and well done...
that book is so amazing and makes the last ep. "Everyone's Waiting" that much more powerful!
Old 02-10-09, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Heads up to those still waiting. I got a notice from Amazon saying the shipping date is now pushed back to March 12. But I had to confirm that I still wanted the item by pushing a button on their site - otherwise they would've cancelled it. Pretty sneaky ... usually you assume a late shipment is not cancelled unless you actively request it. So for those of you waiting - if you get an e-mail from Amazon, don't delete it if you still want to wait. $60 still seems like a good price so I'm hanging in there.
Try calling customer service about the order. Maybe you can get someone to fast-track the order after speaking to them in person. That way you'll stand out from all the other orders that are on back-order with yours. Not a guarantee, but it's worth a shot.
Old 02-10-09, 04:00 PM

Got mine yesterday and it looked ok, with the gravestone and HBO stickers in place.

Has anyone had a set with the wrapping OK, but still mssing the book or CDs?

The reason I ask is I already own this and was getting it for a gift, but should I be worried that it may be missing something?
Old 02-18-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Bumping this for any recent progress on replaced sets. Amazon just sent me a message yesterday stating that they are still trying to procure a replacement set for me. They said if they hadn't found one by March 19th that they would cancel if I didn't respond. Anyone else still waiting?
Old 02-18-09, 01:16 PM

My friend has yet to even get her set at all, and she ordered right away, this is kind of ridiculous.
Old 02-18-09, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Bumping this for any recent progress on replaced sets. Amazon just sent me a message yesterday stating that they are still trying to procure a replacement set for me. They said if they hadn't found one by March 19th that they would cancel if I didn't respond. Anyone else still waiting?
Count me in as still waiting. I sent in my damaged first set and still (im)patiently waiting the replacement.
Old 02-18-09, 02:32 PM
Cool New Member

The website now says it will be in stock on February 22. Hopefully, everyone will finally get their orders then.
Old 02-18-09, 11:04 PM

I was really lucky with this deal, ordered fairly early and got mine in good/new condition in about a week. It sucks everyone is having problems with it.

When I was in Best Buy this weekend they had two copies of the complete set on the shelf but neither one had the stickers or the cut out in the wrapping around the head stone. They both looked in good condition, just with full shrinkwrap and neither HBO sticker, is it possible this is how they are shipping now? The grass wasn't worn or anything, but is it possible not everyone who is having a problem got a used or re-wrapped set, just a new style of wrapping?
Old 02-19-09, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by so it goes
When I was in Best Buy this weekend they had two copies of the complete set on the shelf but neither one had the stickers or the cut out in the wrapping around the head stone. They both looked in good condition, just with full shrinkwrap and neither HBO sticker, is it possible this is how they are shipping now? The grass wasn't worn or anything, but is it possible not everyone who is having a problem got a used or re-wrapped set, just a new style of wrapping?
Originally Posted by Torchur317
I didn't have a cutout for the grass or stickers when I bought mine at Best Buy new....If there's a tombstone & it looks like it's new you should be fine.
Old 02-19-09, 01:00 AM

I got the set a few weeks ago, it wasn't brand new (the grass was a little worn, and it was a rewrap), thankfully the set had unscratched discs and included the soundtracks. The set is well worth what I paid for it, as I did not really have hbo when the show aired but I still saw every episode.
Old 02-19-09, 03:46 AM

Just got a shipping notice on mine....about damn time.
Old 02-19-09, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
Count me in as still waiting. I sent in my damaged first set and still (im)patiently waiting the replacement.
Same here. My return was missing the gravestone.
Old 02-23-09, 01:11 PM
Cool New Member

After waiting a month I got mine today. Cutout shrinkwrap, gravestone intact. About 6 discs with a couple light scratches, 2 discs that are absolutely fudged with major damage. Replacement should be here tomorrow and hopefully I can swap out the discs and make a good set.

Not too upset as I honestly kind of expected to have to do a return with as many discs as this set has and the high likelihood of getting box sets with scratches nowadays.
Old 02-24-09, 09:11 PM
Banned

got mine used, wtf how can amazon legally sell reseals as new ?
Old 02-24-09, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by sgnhcs
got mine used, wtf how can amazon legally sell reseals as new ?
I don't think Amazon knows that these are re-shrinkwrapped.

My guess is that when the SFU box set came out, they get distributed to all the B&M retailers such as Walmart, BestBuy, Target, etc.

These box sets sit on the shelf. People see the set and scratch the grass with their dirty fingers, fondle the gravestone (maybe even steal the gravestone). Some sets might fall off the shelf and the box seams split apart and have other minor damage from shopping carts, baby strollers, etc.

After a certain period, the retailers will return a certain amount of unsold box sets to the distributor for credit. The distributor makes sure to remove the store's price tags and re-shrinkwraps the box sets as needed.

Amazon has a deal of the day special and needs 2,000 sets. They just order from the distributor and receive whatever they are sent. Amazon then ships the box sets to us, the customer. Some of us got brand new sets, others got re-wraps in tip top shape, some got damaged sets.

It's kind of a crap shoot, maybe that's why they were so cheap...
Old 02-24-09, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe there were so many defective sets of this. I'm actually feeling pretty fortunate mine arrived intact.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.