Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Circuit City Liquidation Deals (post your finds here)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Circuit City Liquidation Deals (post your finds here)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Circuit City Liquidation Deals (post your finds here)

My store had two different Gillmore Girl seasons (at $10.00 after the 80% discount), some Batman animated movie and a couple WWF movies. Pretty much wiped out of everything. We looked down the leftover CD's and found one my daughter wanted. Picked up a recharging battery pack for the Wii Fit, a yoga pad for the Wii Fit, a Batman DVD, and a CD for the kid for $17.xx out the door. Apparently people pounced pretty hard on the 70% off DVD's.

RIP Circuit City....... I'm out.
Old 03-06-09, 07:26 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Stopped by Tysons on the way home and they had almost nothing left. No DVDs or Blu-rays. A bunch of rap CDs, a few original Xbox games, a couple laptops. The only thing that tempted me was the Diablo Warchest Bundle for $12. But then I figured, if I haven't played Diablo after all these years, what makes me think I'll try it now?
Old 03-06-09, 10:03 PM

got big love season one for 12 on the last day at my cc
Old 03-07-09, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 332 Likes on 251 Posts

Went by today and there were no Blu-Rays left, just a handful of regular DVDs I didn't want. I got 2 25-packs of blank DVDs for $4 each, and the check-out was a fitting end to my last trip to Circuit City. There was actually someone at the register and she scanned them and the correct total came up and everything, then she suddenly said "Hold on" and ran off for several minutes, then right when I was about to give up and leave she finally came back. I felt like saying "THAT'S why you're out of business", since that sort of thing happened even when the store was operating 'normally'. I was pretty annoyed since I was on my way to work; I remember going by there last year to buy some DVDs and being a few minutes late for work since they were so slow checking out.

What REALLY cracked me up was the receipt had the usual stuff printed on it, including an invitation to take an online survey on the store and get a chance to win a $1000 gift card. Sadly that just takes you to their 'closed' message.

There was a guy at the door with a "Firedog" shirt with the last 2 letters removed so it said "Fired". I took a picture with my phone but can't get it to load onto the computer, otherwise I'd post it here.
Old 03-07-09, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by psm129
Picked up the following,

King of Queens S3,5,6,7,8,9 $7.50 each
OH MAN !!! i was only able to get 1,3, and 8 ... dame !
Old 03-07-09, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

We are visiting family in Lafayette, LA, so I stopped by the local store this morning to see what was left. Scored a few things...two copies of Veronica Mars: Season 3 for $5.00 each, Traffic and Weather by Fountains of Wayne for $2.10, a 6' S-Video cable for $2.00, and 10 (large) bags of Combos for $0.35 each for the drive home and beyond.
Old 03-07-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At a store in East Houston they were closing today and trying to move product. DVDs and CDs were 90% off. I picked up:
Damages Season 1 ($3.90)
Curb Your Enthusiasm Seasons 1 & 2 (3.49 each)
Invincible Blu-Ray (2.49) This was only BD left and there were about 6 copies.
Seven assorted CDs (My Morning Jacket, Brian Wilson, etc.) all for 1.20 to 1.40 each.

This is a store in a predominantly Latino area so mostly indie rock and country was left on the shelves.
Old 03-07-09, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 CC had no dvds left
Old 03-07-09, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
There was a guy at the door with a "Firedog" shirt with the last 2 letters removed so it said "Fired".
Old 03-07-09, 02:32 PM

Picked up Prison Break Season 1 Blu-Ray for $18
Old 03-07-09, 03:06 PM

mine still had blu ray 3 packs at 90% so I figured what the hell and bought one

there were about 20 left although somebody was buying 10 of them in front of me in line and two behind me were buying one each also
Old 03-07-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tolhurst
mine still had blu ray 3 packs at 90% so I figured what the hell and bought one

there were about 20 left although somebody was buying 10 of them in front of me in line and two behind me were buying one each also
at 90% ... what does that mean dude? Typo?
Old 03-07-09, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
I'm sure it means 90% off.
Old 03-07-09, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by cwwallace
At a store in East Houston they were closing today and trying to move product. DVDs and CDs were 90% off. I picked up:
Damages Season 1 ($3.90)
Curb Your Enthusiasm Seasons 1 & 2 (3.49 each)
Invincible Blu-Ray (2.49) This was only BD left and there were about 6 copies.
Seven assorted CDs (My Morning Jacket, Brian Wilson, etc.) all for 1.20 to 1.40 each.

This is a store in a predominantly Latino area so mostly indie rock and country was left on the shelves.
Almeda Mall? b/c there was nothing at the Pasadena store.
Old 03-07-09, 04:07 PM

Keizer store closing today. All cds were $1.00, Dvds were 90% off. Only like 12 dvds left, like passed on the wire boxsets for 6 bucks, but a few hundred cds left, only rap and r&b stuff, no rock, but I found six cds for six bucks, mostly Circuit City Exclusives, Donna Summer - Crayons, Janet Jackson - Discipline (hundreds left), Labelle - Back to Now, The Jacksons - Destiny,and a couple of others.
Old 03-07-09, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Almeda Mall? b/c there was nothing at the Pasadena store.
I-10 East @ Uvalde
Old 03-07-09, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
yes its a typo- I meant 90% off but I didn't mean to make it so confusing for you
Old 03-07-09, 05:34 PM
Cool New Member

I went by mine in Richmond, VA..they were selling the fixtures and what not...and even the diesel ass cables they use....i picked up a set of component cables that look like sewer piping for a couple bucks....and i managed to find a set of the 3 blu's (invincible, night @ the museum and 50 first dates) for 9.00.....it was worth the trip i guess
Old 03-07-09, 06:00 PM

Must be nice to find anything at 90%, My store has nothing left worth buying....
Old 03-07-09, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by printerati
We are visiting family in Lafayette, LA, so I stopped by the local store this morning to see what was left. Scored a few things...two copies of Veronica Mars: Season 3 for $5.00 each, Traffic and Weather by Fountains of Wayne for $2.10, a 6' S-Video cable for $2.00, and 10 (large) bags of Combos for $0.35 each for the drive home and beyond.

Were there any Blu-Rays left there? I would love to score a copy of Million Dollar Baby. I had the damn thing in my hand last week at another store but didn't pull the trigger, now I am kicking myself in the ass.
Old 03-07-09, 10:41 PM

Not much left at my CC but did pick up "The Riches" season 1 with Minnie Driver as a blind buy for $3.99 and an XM radio with accessories for $16.00. The literally had 3 dvd's left in the store so I'm not sure how a t.v. season set was still there. Oh well, it was worth the trip.
Old 03-07-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Were there any Blu-Rays left there? I would love to score a copy of Million Dollar Baby. I had the damn thing in my hand last week at another store but didn't pull the trigger, now I am kicking myself in the ass.
I did not see a single Blu-Ray in the store. I plan on making a stop at an Alabama store on the way home tomorrow (since we'll be stopping to visit a cousin anyway) and will keep an eye out for it, though.
Old 03-08-09, 08:57 AM

Had a "fun" final experience with Circuit City yesterday. Found $30 in giftcards (hopefully those were the last two I had) and tried to hit a CC after work. Drove to Fairfax and found a sign on the door, "store closed, fixtures only". Drove out to Sterling and arrived at 8:01. They had moved up their regular closing from 9pm to 8pm. Called Tysons to see if they were still open and after 20 rings someone that only spoke Spanish answered the phone. Said "si" a few times and hung up on me. Drove back to Tysons and found about 50 items total left in the store. They had about 25 hip hop CDs of artists that I had never heard, a camcorder bag, several phone chargers for specific nokia or ericsson phones, a couple of open box workgroup switches, a couple of things marked damaged, a PS2 case sticker, a Gamecube case sticker, and a book about ipods.

I should have bought Diablo 2 and I am Legend the other day when I had the chance.

I figured that anything was better than worthless giftcards, so for $30 I got the switch, camcorder bag, ipod book, and about 20 CDs that I'll never listen to, but good for replacement cases I guess.
Old 03-08-09, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 480 Likes on 352 Posts

Lots of USB cables left. That was just about it at the two CC stores I went to on the way to a basketball game yesterday. I was just curious as to what was left, and wasn't surprised to see USB cables and overpriced demo/open box laptop computers as just about the only things left. There were a few other accessories sprinked around, and some beat up demo audio/video equipment (still WAY overpriced for stuff in that condition), but both stores were shrunk to about 600 square feet of space (the rest of the stores' space was taped off).
Old 03-08-09, 10:51 AM

Had about $38 left on a gift card so I went Thursday and bought 2 sets of "Rescue Me" S1 and S4 at $8 per box set...

Not sure what to do with these since I hate the show...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.